Sims Medieval

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Sims Medieval

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 am

So who's played this yet? I have, and it's not quite like the other Sims games, but it's still pretty good. So far, I only have a king (who just married a witch), a witch (not the same one), a physician, and a Jacoban priest.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Re: Sims Medieval

Post by Lord Caspen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:04 pm

This looks pretty cool -- I wonder what the quests are like?

I'm curious, though, about the regular Sims 3 ... Have they finally expanded the library of items and textures and such, similar to what they had for Sims 2?

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:13 pm

So far, as king, I have done a quest to learn about my family history, and a quest involving a witch (the one I married). They're similar to "Sims Life Stories" in how there is a specific task you need to do in order to progress through the next quest. There are also "responsibilities" you need to do, like listening to three petitions or killing a bear. Of course, as per Sim tradition, there are some tasks you don't get to see yourself do, which invites the usual criticism of how EA won't let Sims "mature" by not letting them see the naked parts during "woohoos", or not letting them see the blood when they slay animals. :roll:

As for Sims 3, they have various books that can be read for fun, like children's books or trashy romance novels, if that's what you mean.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Things

Post by Lord Caspen » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:25 pm

I don't know much about Sims 3, so the "Life Stories" thing is still a mystery to me.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 pm

A while ago, when Sims 2 was still big, there used to be these PC-DVD "Sims Stories" games, wherein a specific storyline was set up and there were a series of goals you had to accomplish in order to move the story forward. For some reason, I couldn't get the first one in the series to work on my laptop, but I managed to get halfway through the "Sims Castaway" version. "Sims Medieval" is kind of like that, but not really.