Fantasy Movie Remake

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Fantasy Movie Remake

Post by TheWhitePawn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:08 am

So over the weekend, I found out about this thing called a "Fantasy Football Team" where people make up their own dream teams using players from the entire sport. I thought it was a pretty fun idea. But not being the least bit interested in sports, I thought I would apply the same concept to movies. And, being a sucker for remakes, I thought it would be neat if we each created our own fantasy movie remake.

Here are the rules:

1. Must be a movie REMAKE
2. Maximum 10 people
3. Actors can be living or dead, but please include the year at which you would have used them (since some actors have been in the business for decades)
4. Pictures cannot be too big (I hate it when pictures stretch out the entire look of the forums and necessitate side scrolling. Bleh. Try using imageshack's resizing options if you can't find smaller pix)
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:09 am

I'll start off with what should be no surprise to anyone:

EDIT: Taking after PeachFreak, I added little snippets to each character for those who don't know who they are.

CLEOPATRA

Image Cleopatra - Sandra Bullock (2005) The young, incredibly intelligent and beautiful Queen of Egypt

Image Julius Caesar - Harrison Ford (2000) A powerful Roman general who, instead of annexing Egypt, falls in love with it's Queen

Image Marc Antony - James Marsden (2005) Julius Caesar's right hand man in Rome. Becomes Cleopatra's second lover a few years after Cesar dies

Image Octavius - Cillian Murphy (2010) The dark and sickly young man whom no one thought would survive. He proved them wrong by becoming Rome's first Emperor

Image Arsinoe (Cleopatra's Sister) - Katherine Heigl (2005) A devious and beautiful woman who helps depose Cleopatra and takes control of Egypt in her absence

Image Pothinus (Arsinoe's Adviser) - William Shatner (2010) The fat, scheming eunuch who rules Egypt through his puppet-Queen, Arsinoe

Image Calpurnia (Caesar's Wife) - Sigourney Weaver (2005) Caesar's 4th wife. She cannot have children and barely sees her husband, but defends him until the end, nonetheless
Last edited by TheWhitePawn on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:47 pm

STAGEFRIGHT: AQUARIUS

A rather obscure Italian horror movie from the 80s about those involved in a theater production being stalked by a murderous ex-thespian. With great cinematography and likable characters who generally act in a realistic fashion- even deciding to try to use their numbers to hunt down and kill the killer-it's one of my favorites. Although I don't necessarily know the years I'd use these actors, I did hunt down pictures where they look proper. In particular, Johnny Depp and Asia Argento's resemblances to the original portrayers of their characters are somewhat striking.

Image Alicia, the Desperate Leading Lady- Jocelin Donahue.

Image Peter, the Crazed Director- Johnny Depp

Image Betty, the Motherly Costume Mistress- Maggie Gyllenhaal

Image Ferrari, the Greedy, Kind of Pervy, But Well-Meaning Producer- Timothy Spall

Image Laurel, the Resident Diva- Asia Argento

Image- Mark, the "There for Body Count" Stage Manager- Breckin Meyers

Image Sybil, a Rather Useless Dancer- Jessica Cauffiel

Image Danny, Sybil's Suprisingly Useful Boyfriend- Alexander Skarsgard

Image Corinne, a "There for Body Count" Bit Player with a Strikingly Eerie Death Scene- Jayma Mays

Image Brett, the Flamboyantly Gay Leading Man- Chris Carmack
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Wow... I kinda wanna watch that movie now. I like foreign films, but never heard of this one.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:20 pm

It is available on DVD, but dubbed in English. As typical for these types of movies, everyone was probably speaking a different language during filming. It's original title was Deliria , I believe. The bizarre Aquarius in the title apparently has to do with a "fish in a fish-tank" motif, with the cast locked into the theater while it storms outside.

And now that I think of it, I don't know if Mark was actually the Stage Manager. He did pal around with the director, but he may have been the playwright or something...I have to watch the movie again.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:27 pm

TEN LITTLE INDIANS or AND THEN THERE WERE NONE

CAST

Image Capt. Phillip Lombard - James Purefoy - The cunning rogue who tamed the deepest, darkest parts of Africa and left twenty-one natives to starve...

Image Vera Elizabeth Claythone - Kelly MacDonald - An ex-governess who suffers the memory of a child who stood between her and love...

Image Anthony James Marston- Hayden Christensen - A playboy with a penchant for fast cars, fast women and a stiff whiskey...

Image Sir Gen. John Gordon MacArthur - Benard Fox - A retired WWI veteran, still grieving the loss of his beloved Leslie and haunted by the betrayal of an old comrade...

Image Det. Insp. William Henry Blore - Timothy Spall - A hard-nosed copper of the Yard, he has a trained eye to distrust just about anyone...

Image Justice Lawrence John Wargrave - Ian Holm - A long presiding judge of the Queen's bench, his experience with crime and punishment place him at great authority...

Image Emily Caroline Brent - Tilda Swinton - The religious zealot with an intolerance for immorality. Her unmoving nature resulted in a messy affair...

Image Dr. Edward George Armstrong - Victor Garber - An influential Harley Street practitioner. After disastrous operation, he drowns himself with regret...

Image Mrs. Ethel Rogers - Imelda Staunton - The skitterish housekeeper who acts within meek accordance to her husband's wishes...

Image Thomas Rogers - Cirian Hinds- Butler and devoted husband to Mrs. Rogers. His years of servitude may have left him with an axe to grind...

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:27 am

I wondered how long it would be before some did And then there were none.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Oh, I've got a few ideas! But give me a bit to work it out, it's not quite formed yet. Is it ok if it's an animated movie?
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:11 pm

LoL... I guess. Didn't really consider it. Unless you mean you're using real people to remake an animated movie. Cuz that would be neat.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:17 pm

Does that mean I can use them as voice actors, or... maybe a mix-and-match of real persons and voiced characters?
~ Blackmail!

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:27 pm

I don't think it would be as fun without pictures, but sure, do whatever you want. But considering that a lot of us won't know what to actors sound like anyway, it may just be appreciated by you, LoL. :P

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Eh

Post by Lord Caspen » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:57 am

Rats. Not able to find suitable pics ...

WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?
George ... played by Liam Neeson
Martha ... played by Cybill Shepherd
Nick ... played by Reid Scott
Honey ... played by Maggie Lawson
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 am

Uh, one last thing, am I going too far if it's a direct-to-video release?
~ Blackmail!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:16 pm

SONIC BOOM DEPT.

15 years ago, way back in 1996, two half-hour anime films were built, centered around the Sonic universe, with the taste of the classic 90s anime era. These would later be formed into one and released as a movie (in English, of course!). Today, producer Frank Triberus has been invited to bring together a Dramatis Personae for a redux of the movie - only this time, it's involving live-action as well as animated characters (much like Who Framed Roger Rabbit?). Well what can you expect happens next? Though the budget and the special effects went up - the choice of actors went way, WAY down! This has to be Frank's wackiest stunt ever! In fact, it's...

Frank Triberus' Production of
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: THE MOVIE

(Honest, there really is such a film! You'll find it on Wikipedia!)

CAST.

ImageRyan Drummond (1997) ... Sonic the Hedgehog (voice)Image
"Nice goin', Knucklehead!"
The one and the only! Reprising his role from Sonic Adventure way back in 1997, Ryan steps into Sonic's shoes again, involved in a story written before the Dreamcast.

ImageAmy Palant (2006) ... Miles "Tails" Prower (voice)Image
"I can do it...!"
Previously voiced your friend and mine before Kate Higgins took over in 2010. Triberus needed a voice high enough to resemble the original, and Amy fitted the bill! Not to mention the fact she was more recognizable. Tails is probably one of the greatest inventors of the 90s. Recently he's released the Jet-Propelled Bodyboard, before all this trouble began! His two tails permit him to fly at various intervals.

ImageTravis Willingham (2010) ... Knuckles the Echidna (voice)Image
"Ugh! This has turned into a total joke!"
Present day voice for Knuckles. Well - why not?! He also gets to wear a fedora! Although he's a little on the deep side..

ImageMarla Sokoloff (2009) ... Sara
"Proof! Proof of what I've been saying for years!"
Notorious for her part as Kiina in Bionicle: The Legend Reborn (although in fact she was in Desperate Housewives! Remember?). Sara is the President's daughter - and it is revealed some way through that Robotnik is plotting to marry her and steal all her money! Er, what's that? Oh. Just for domination? Oh well...

ImageHal Smith (1988) ... Old Man Owl (voice)Image
"This is just a mild spring zephyr compared to the big wind of '67. Or was it '76? Oh well, no matter."
After his part as Owl in Winnie the Pooh, Hal voices... ANOTHER owl! Only this owl is a bumbling pilot who is saved by our duo at the beginning, and chimes in for comic relief after that.

ImageRuari Mears (2006) ... Metal Sonic (voice)Image
"De-lete! De-lete! De-lete!"
The crackpot contraption built by Robotnik to utterly destroy Sonic once and for all... no chance, Doc!!!!!

ImageSid James (1975) ... Dr. Robotnik
"What 'ave I done now?"
Renowned for his appearance in the Carry On movies, Sid takes the role of the mad old Dr. Robotnik, who this time round has more than one devious plan up his sleevies! That is.. assuming he'll wear a fake 'tache... and he goes bald for a bit.... Image

ImageBob Hoskins (2006) ... The President
"Not prostrate you idiot, PROBATE!"
After Roger Rabbit, Bob deals with more toons, but this time he's the President on the Planet of Freedom.

ImageCindy Robinson (2010) ... Amy Rose (cameo appearance) (voice)Image
"Your money! I think you mean OUR money!"
Makes a cameo appearance as Amy since she appeared in Sonic CD at the same time Metal made his debut

ImageSterling Holloway (1964) ... Vice-In-Command (cameo appearance)
"Well I did mean a little larger small helping..."
Confused actor showed up on set. Triberus felt sorry for him and let him stay. (Well I had to have at least one more...!)

Surprising? Not really. These lame-brained casting ideas can only be cooked up by a Triberus...! :twisted:
~ Blackmail!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:07 pm

I'm a big Sonic fan, but I've never really watched any of the cartoons or the movie.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Re: Eh

Post by WarnerPlum » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Lord Caspen wrote:WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF?
George ... played by Liam Neeson
Woah! Deja vu! In the original musical of The War of the Worlds, the Journalist was voiced by Richard Burton, replaced in The New Generation by Liam Neeson! Similarly, George was played by Richard in the original. How about that!
~ Blackmail!