18%
Not Sure
12%

Total votes: 17

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Sexuality:Revisited

Post by TheWhitePawn » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:57 am

In response to everyone's curiosity about, frustration with, and belief in the inaccuracy of the previous sexuality thread, I hereby issue an update to our long-standing discussion! We can continue talking in the other thread and just use this one as a poll if you'd like though. And just to make sure it stays current to our current population of Cluedoholics, the poll is only running for 12 days. Why 12, you ask? Just cuz.
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

Frostbyte
Slueth

Post by Frostbyte » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:00 pm

I love the "not sure" option, and that 2 people have already picked it. How you can not be sure? You're either sexually attracted to one or both genders. I have never had a single sexual thought about a female.

I dunno, just seems odd to me I guess lol

ajk93
Snoop

Post by ajk93 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:38 pm

I feel Out of Place....
"De-de-de-de-de-da...I Am Your Singing Telegram"

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:14 pm

our current population of Cluedoholics
I hope I still count in that population. I just never have time at school to hop online and keep up with the goings-on here. If I do get on, it's usually to quickly check for notices of new products and/or site updates. I barely even see real Facebook anymore, just the mobile site. :?

Thank god for the summer, when I can devote a little more time to my online life!

Oh, yeah, still gay.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Frostbyte
Slueth

Post by Frostbyte » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:49 am

ajk93 wrote:I feel Out of Place....
Not sure what this means, but we are all here because we love Clue. The fact that some of us are gay shouldn't be an issue...at least I hope it's not.

There are straight hairdressers, straight florists, straight pastry chefs, straight theater folk... it's ok to be a straight Clue fan too :)

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:42 am

LoL... I only added the Not Sure feature so that the people that jump from one label to another don't *beep* up our total count again :D

ajk93
Snoop

Post by ajk93 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:06 pm

Frostbyte wrote:
ajk93 wrote:I feel Out of Place....
Not sure what this means, but we are all here because we love Clue. The fact that some of us are gay shouldn't be an issue...at least I hope it's not.

There are straight hairdressers, straight florists, straight pastry chefs, straight theater folk... it's ok to be a straight Clue fan too :)
hahaha, not an issue. I was just the first one to click to straight!
Frostbyte...I can't hate on anyone with a Sub-Zero Profile Pic :D :D :D
"De-de-de-de-de-da...I Am Your Singing Telegram"

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:52 am

Sexuality aside, I spent my New Years prowling downtown dressed as a lady.It was a lonely experience and not fun at all, I feel I've learned a little more about myself.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Post by Lord Caspen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:54 am

Frostbyte,
Frostbyte wrote:I love the "not sure" option, and that 2 people have already picked it. How you can not be sure? You're either sexually attracted to one or both genders. I have never had a single sexual thought about a female.

I dunno, just seems odd to me I guess lol

I think the pressure 1) to be sexualized at all, and 2) to fit in with some identifiable group, leads to a lot of misapprehensions, and a great deal of confusion. I don't even know that actual sexual activity necessarily clears up this confusion.

And more: is it really zero-sum? Does it ever change? The problem with these labels is they have very little subtlety to them. "I don't know" gives people the chance to honestly express their ambivalence, an ambivalence which is all but inevitable, as long as our peers keep saying, "Ha! How can you not know? You're so silly! You should have it figured out by now."
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:00 am

Nicely put LC.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Post by Lord Caspen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:01 am

CluedoKid,
CluedoKid wrote:Sexuality aside, I spent my New Years prowling downtown dressed as a lady.It was a lonely experience and not fun at all, I feel I've learned a little more about myself.

You never cease to impress me. 8)
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

Frostbyte
Slueth

Post by Frostbyte » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:07 am

Lord Caspen wrote: "I don't know" gives people the chance to honestly express their ambivalence, an ambivalence which is all but inevitable, as long as our peers keep saying, "Ha! How can you not know? You're so silly! You should have it figured out by now."
I guess I just don't have a proper frame of reference. I've known since I was about 12, and it hasn't changed in the last 22 years.

I'm not saying it's impossible for someone to not know, just that i can't relate.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Gotcha

Post by Lord Caspen » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:16 am

Frostbyte,

Understood. I took a strident tone, and there's no need for it to apply to you. I admit to being a little bit reactionary.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:37 am

Lord Caspen wrote:CluedoKid,
CluedoKid wrote:Sexuality aside, I spent my New Years prowling downtown dressed as a lady.It was a lonely experience and not fun at all, I feel I've learned a little more about myself.

You never cease to impress me. 8)
Hey thanks! Nor do I cease to horrify passengers on the subway. :)

(By the way, I appreciate your being supportive.)
Last edited by CluedoKid on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 am

For viewing pleasure, here's a photo of the Hollywood starlet who lurked the crowds on New Years Eve... .

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:09 am

Not meaning to fill up this topic about myself, and yes the photo is quite large, but seldom do I voice in on this topic. I rarely discuss my sexuality public or private, but as this is the appropriate forum, I will here.

Count myself among those not sure. What I am sure is that I've felt attracted to girls and I do feel attracted to boys. I believe this is a similar case with some of the other members on this site. I've said I'm bisexual in the past, but I'm unsure about that label and find it problematic. I've never had a romantic relationship in my life and I don't think that's an issue at this point. Nor am I in a hurry to pick one side or the other. I'm unsure of when it will happen, but I think it will.

Finally, I've found my time throughout elementary and high school to be distant and lonely experience. I'm eager to change that for once and all.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:06 am

No offence, but when I seen the picture, I fought of a younger version of your Lavender.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:19 am

Haha! No kidding!

Perhaps more truth to her than meets the eye.

janstephens69
Suspect

Post by janstephens69 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:15 am

I'm gay :)

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:42 pm

So the poll closed a few days ago. I guess these are the most accurate results for the current users of the thread. There are still 4 times as many people from the LGBT community as there are straight people.