Interesting photos of Titanic's interiors resurface

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Interesting photos of Titanic's interiors resurface

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:53 am

I found these on Encyclopedia-Titanica, provided by none other than our very own Brian. Apparently, he shares a family relation with the Odell family. They travelled with Father Browne until Queenstown, and it looks as though they taken some never-before-seen photos along their way.

Alright, I know this is Brian we are talking about, and while perhaps I ought to be more wary of what he says, I will admit never seen these photos anywhere, ever. Nor have there ever been photos taken of Titanic's grand staircase, only her sister ship, Olympic had photos taken of this room. Of course, these may have been taken onboard the Olympic, but still, a nice find.

I'm only saying. See for yourself.

And, one of the A la Carte Restaurant:

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:17 am

They look a little CGI-ish. Are you sure?
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:03 pm

You think so? I really can't tell. Though, with Brian being a proven liar, it wouldn't surprise me. I'm still waiting a reply from the better Titanic experts to see what their verdict is.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:10 pm

I agree with WarnerPlum. The first two seem very animated. Especially the man in the second. There's no shadow... for that matter, there are no shadows anywhere.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Huh, that's pretty funny. I attributed the lack of shadow to the camera lighting. The only thing I find odd is the man's unnatural pose. Who is he talking to? I still don't think they look CGI, but they definitely could be fake.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:33 pm

And knowing the layout of the ship, he is either talking to a plant, someone leaning against the wall, or maybe the wall itself.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Well there is a considerable amount of space containing past him. Who knows? Or perhaps he's just crazy.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Another one:

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:29 pm

cacums wrote:There's no shadow... for that matter, there are no shadows anywhere.
There is - if you look carefully.
~ Blackmail!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:32 pm

I vote for computer created! I thought so the moment I saw the man in the second picture.

Which is more likely? These pictures are authentic and suddenly popped up out of nowhere despite all the Titanic craze? Or someone created them?
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:48 pm

That guy in the photo seems like a character taken out of "Titanic: An Adventure Out of Time". He just does.

And since it hasn't been pointed out yet...the "Brian O'Dell" marking in two of these pictures seems a tad suspicious. Why would there be any need to do that if it's just simply supposedly long-lost pictures of the Titanic?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:22 pm

Jane Poirot wrote:That guy in the photo seems like a character taken out of "Titanic: An Adventure Out of Time". He just does.
I agree, but I don't think it is. There's no character in the game who looks like that. If these pictures are from a game or 3D rendering, I can't imagine where.
Jane Poirot wrote:And since it hasn't been pointed out yet...the "Brian O'Dell" marking in two of these pictures seems a tad suspicious. Why would there be any need to do that if it's just simply supposedly long-lost pictures of the Titanic?
According to Brian, those are watermarks.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:02 pm

But according to Brian he's a private investigtor that lives in NYC just outside of Central Park...

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Well, the guy could've been created with a simple 3D program. Any of these pictures could've been created with a 3D program, or taken off of the Titanic movie, or the aforementioned game, or all of the above (taken from movie or game and then somehow edited and photoshopped).

Also, the pictures would look a bit older if they were taken in 1912, kept in a family trunk or something similar, and never uncovered again until ninety-eight years later. Even then, there's always the magic of Photoshop.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Okay, Brian finally cracked. These are indeed 3D edits. *****.

Brian claims to have edited these himself. Now, I wonder about that.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:56 am

I knew it! But... how come he had them printed in black and white and tarnished them? Maybe it was for a project of some sort.
~ Blackmail!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:32 am

Or maybe it was because he wanted people to think he was special because he had relatives onboard who took surprise photographs, never before seen!

If the photos were colour and look fresh from Blender 3D, then nobody would believe him! Can't have that, can we?

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:43 am

Although at least it fooled me for a minute.
~ Blackmail!

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:16 am

LoL... some things never change...

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:36 am

I think another clue would have been that - aside from the strange man on the side - there are no people in the photos (family, etc.) It's not like they had digital cameras that could take 9 million pictures. Why would they waste photos on something like chairs in a hallway and take none of themselves IN those chairs?
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?