Chicago Toy and Game Fair

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Chicago Toy and Game Fair

Post by TheWhitePawn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm attending the Chicago Toy and Game Fair this weekend, so I'll be sure to keep my eye out for Clue games! Hopefully I'll have some new pix to post! :D
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:23 pm

I'll be in Chicago this weekend but sadly will not be going.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:37 pm

I seem to remember some interesting games popping up at the Toy Fairs that never seemed to actually come to fruition.

Can anybody go to the Toy Fair? I think the one that shows around here is for industry only.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:54 pm

I don't know if anyone can go in at the door, but I bought discounted tickets at groupon.com. It's a site that offers discounts but only if a lot of people buy them. So maybe that was the catch?

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:06 pm

I had no idea there was a toy fair in Novemeber. Wow, we could definitely see some new Clue games for Christmas hit the shelves for Black Friday then. Many toy companies do not officially release games until the present them at Toy Fair. That was true of Winning Moves last Winter, even though the games had already started to show up before the NY toy fair. Maybe thats why the new Clue Suspect card game has not turned up anywhere yet?

Should be fun White Pawn!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:11 am

Here's the link.

http://www.chitag.com/

Its billed as the largest public toy fair in the world.

The largest industry only toy fair is held in February, that's when all the new games are announced within the business. But I can only imagine any late entries to the year for the holiday season will be presented here.

Look at the main page, there's a picture of Clue featured at the Hasbro site!

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:28 am

Wow... what a disappointment. First of all, it felt like a Game Fair mixed with a Star Wars convention. Apparently, there was a Star Wars themed breakfast before the fair for little kids, but like 50% of all the adult males there were dressed up like Jedi.

The neat thing about that was that they had reproductions of the costumes from the movies scattered on mannequins throughout the area and it was awesome to see them up close and touch them. There were also lots of new SW toys.

As for Hasbro's stand, there was NOTHING new. Nothing. In fact, none of the board games there were new. It was the same old crap that was sitting on Target's shelves months ago.

And the whole thing was SOOO kid-oriented. If I was 12, I would have had an AWESOME time. But it was such a bore for adults. There was just nothing to do. Every stand had some kind of activity but it was all ages 4-8, or 6-12. Definitely not going again next year, that's for sure.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:14 pm

That's a shame.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?