Hallowe'en Party game ideas

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder me QUICK!
Spy

Hallowe'en Party game ideas

Post by Murder me QUICK! » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Yes I know it is too early to make plans for October but I am planning a Hallowe'en Party based on the SAW movies! :twisted:

The whole game will basically be in the style of a murder mystery dinner party game. The practical games are there to help provide extra clues to help them solve the mystery between each round. The 'mystery' being that the players must discover what connection they have with one another which will help them to escape from Jigsaw's catacombs and which player is the odd one out and why. The end result is gonna get sticky for that one player is the key to their escape :twisted: .

I've got most of the scenario pretty much worked out, capturing the flavour of the films and such, the rest is immersion and atmosphere.

But to make it work I will need to come up with some ideas for some quick gruesome games.

Ideas I have so far:

The key in the body
A familiar SAW cliche - cut up the body to get to the key. Okay, obviously not a real body but a fake one, filled with fake guts and gore for added fun.

Drink Share
This game is bound to turn some stomachs One person takes a drink and holds it in their mouths and then they have to pass the drink into another player's mouth.

Please help me with any other kind of suggestion for mini party games as long as the ideas are not at all dangerous.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:35 pm

Having not seen the SAW films but knowing some information about them, I can offer you one suggestion: set up a razor wire maze in the basement or backyard and time guests to find the way out (don't use actual razor wire, though--that goes without saying; find a substance that could resemble it). Set up a side task for each guest to find a marked envelope with their name on it that contains a clue to their connection, and make it mandatory for them to find at least one before time is up. If they do not find a way out, or find a clue, serve a penalty.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Green
Detective

Re: Hallowe'en Party game ideas

Post by Green » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:30 am

Murder me QUICK! wrote:Drink Share
This game is bound to turn some stomachs One person takes a drink and holds it in their mouths and then they have to pass the drink into another player's mouth.
I've never seen the movies but I have to say that this sounds disgusting. Very unsanitary. Imagine all of the germs and bacteria being passed directly from mouth to mouth to mouth...

Murder me QUICK!
Spy

Post by Murder me QUICK! » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:23 am

Green wrote:
I've never seen the movies but I have to say that this sounds disgusting. Very unsanitary. Imagine all of the germs and bacteria being passed directly from mouth to mouth to mouth...

I've played it before once :) gross but funny.

In general I will need about three different mini-games. I like the idea about finding hidden marked envelopes. clues to the whereabouts can be presented in typical SAW style: "X marks the spot" - I can even use microcassettes inside of letters to keep in flavour of the films. 8)

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Green wrote:
Agreed. I would NEVER participate in this. (Nor would I ask anybody to...)
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Lord Oakwood
Snoop

Post by Lord Oakwood » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:40 pm

In response to the drinking game, YUCK!!!

Murder me QUICK!
Spy

Post by Murder me QUICK! » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Blimey! I wish I never mentioned it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably best I drop that one.

That aside, any other suggestions for party games at all?

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Maybe you could make a model of the Jigsaw puppet and put it on a tricycle? Just for a neat decoration, I mean.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:38 pm

I did one that was similar to a game of tag with a slasher movie twist. Each guest was given a card with a stereotype and a set of points assigned to that card (for example, Hero was worth 15 points, but Dumb Blonde was worth 2 or something). Taking place across my entire neighborhood, guests would split up into teams of two, including two killers, who were given one point each, and then the team of killers would try to "kill" the other guests by tagging them. Once "killed," you switched cards and partners, and would then become the new killer. So you never knew who the killer was after the game started. The hardest part was keeping track of the cards you got. I think we ended up just going with the first card you had and the last, adding those together, and seeing who won.