Halloween Countdown - (UPDATED - 2010 Starts pg. 3)

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:19 am

So I've constructed a harpoon which will be covered in fake blood and secured with a bungee cord and I have also dyed my hair permanently ginger. I've got a tan jacket with a punctured hole, a blue undershirt and black pants.

Pictures soon.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:56 pm

I put on my Yuno wig for school today, but I did not put on the entire costume, mainly because I just wanted to dress in comfortable, loose clothing because of yesterday. Some of the teachers asked who I was, so I explained who I was and what Yuno did--they looked like they were sorry they ever asked. :lol:
Also, I heard this outrageous (and by outrageous, I mean downright stupid ) story from one of the teachers today: At the school they used to work at, students used to dress up for Halloween until one of the mothers complained it was "devil worshipping" and so they stopped. (What's the wallbanger smily, cacums?)
Honest to God, some people are so stupid they shouldn't even be alive because they wouldn't know how to breathe. People who think you'll go to h*ll for celebrating Halloween/reading Harry Potter (that's what this reminds me of) are one of them. :roll:
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:23 pm

So I went to school as Richard Allen. I went as him post-death before lunch and then during lunch, applied the FX.

The harpoon was harder to build than previously thought.
My computer teacher was kind to take some shots of the "accident".

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:06 pm

We got extra credit in one of my classes if we showed up in costume. Once there, we would vote on who had the best costume. Winner would get more extra credit points. We couldn't vote for ourselves, but I did get one vote.

The winner was Bob Dylan, which I'm torn about. On the one hand, the kid came and stayed in character. On the other, I feel like no effort went into his actual costume. He wore Ray bans, had a cigarette, wore a sweater and a button down. That's it. While I appreciate that more than just going out and buying a costume (which, I should add, no one with a store bought costume got any votes), it still feels like a lack of effort was put in. The kid just has the same hair as Bob Dylan, that shouldn't mean he wins. The girl who made a Poison Ivy costume probably should have. Or the girl who showed up as a guy cop.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:21 pm

CluedoKid wrote: Image
I think you got the point :lol:

You are missing one little peice.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Black wrote:
CluedoKid wrote: Image
I think you got the point :lol:

You are missing one little peice.
Oh what? The cellphone? Yeah, I don't own one. I guess I could have borrowed somebody else's phone for the pictures.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:52 pm

Awesome costume, Cluedokid. I walked around and shot arrows at everyone all day.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:13 am

So I sent the pictures to Sean Rogerson (Booth) on Facebook and he replied saying he'll pass them on to David Lewis (Richard) so he can see them.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:15 am

Very cool costume! Nicely done.
CluedoKid wrote:So I sent the pictures to Sean Rogerson (Booth) on Facebook and he replied saying he'll pass them on to David Lewis (Richard) so he can see them.
That's very exciting, good luck!
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:13 am

You spared no expence with the costume, CluedoKid. I love it.

By the way, to all fellow Britons, the original Halloween and Halloween 2 will be on BBC2 tonight at 11:20. I'll just be watching those in my room...with all the lights off or something.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:19 am

I hope you don't do that by yourself... I did that with Halloween (I refuse to watch the sequels; the original by itself is a brilliant masterpiece) and it scared the **** out of me. So much, in fact, I can't bring myself to watch it again.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:36 am

Adam106 wrote:By the way, to all fellow Britons, the original Halloween and Halloween 2 will be on BBC2 tonight at 11:20. I'll just be watching those in my room...with all the lights off or something.
I don't know if this goes for everyone, but we get the BBC channels here in the US too...
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:00 am

I think it's just the UK. You may want to check your tv guide to be sure, though.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:09 am

The day is finally here! :D I'm going to be carving out the pumpkins with my dad in a short while, and then we're putting up the decorations.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:14 am

I'm going up to my local club for a small party. Guess what I'm going up as.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:11 pm

I'm watching movies all day and hanging around with my best friends to see who gets scared easiest.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:13 pm

go_leafs_nation wrote:I hope you don't do that by yourself... I did that with Halloween (I refuse to watch the sequels; the original by itself is a brilliant masterpiece) and it scared the **** out of me. So much, in fact, I can't bring myself to watch it again.
I actually like the second one quite a bit. Sometimes I consider it more fun than the original. The original is my favorite horror movie of all time, but the second is still good. I'd give it a try.

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Adam106 wrote:I think it's just the UK. You may want to check your tv guide to be sure, though.
No, I'm sure. I record it from the internet all the time (My TV has an audio/visual hookup to my laptop). All regular BBC channels are available via online streaming.

As for TV in general, though, we get BBC news on PBS around 9 or 10 pm.
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:41 pm

Just got back. I decided to only do a few houses this year to avoid getting stuck with a ton of candy I never eat, like all the other years.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:25 pm

I spent the day at my best friend's house, watching horror movies. His father just happens to be a teacher at my school. It's not too much fun when a teacher walks in during all the sex scenes.

"Oh....Hi, Mr. D."

Anyway, we watched Friday the 13th, and I noticed the 1970s Clue in one of the scenes.