Overweight = 25-29.9
19%
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater
6%

Total votes: 16

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 pm

I'm about 18.5. I wish I was thinner, but I guess that wouldn't be healthy...

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Well, after nearly a year, I've finally gone down a catagory from 35.1 to 29.9. :)
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:46 pm

What's your secret?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:01 pm

I keep a food journal - "Lose It!" for the iPhone/iTouch. I'm very numbers oriented and like to see everything I eat easily listed and graphed and charted over time. It helped me to try to keep my food consumption around 2000 calories per day. This doesn't even feel like dieting. (For most people, 2000 calories isn't dieting, but I'm 6'4" and burn a bit more than that per day...) It's more like sensible portion control.

Being as tall as I am, I carry weight pretty well, but it was really starting to show 42 extra pounds ago... The BMI index, though, says I need to lose at least another 42 pounds to be normal weight. I'd have to lose another 94 pounds to be underweight, which, frankly, I don't think would even be possible with my body type.

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:05 pm

I think I'm going to start a food journal. I've started gaining weight and I'm definately going to work out a heck of a lot more. I need to loose more weight!
I hate everyone;
Admired in hypocrisy
Yeah I'm still down with JC
I guess that everyone includes me
And that's why I'm a humanist
-Hate Everyone, Say Anything

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon May 10, 2010 1:56 am

I thought I'd bump this after taking a nutrition test for school. I knew I was quite underweight, but didn't realize I'm only meeting a quarter and half the required daily calorie intake. Knowing my diet, I thought I was eating more than the required intake! I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do about it, but my doctor never said anything, so geeze.

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively » Mon May 10, 2010 3:06 am

Hmm, I know how that is Cluedokid, apparently, after taking a test with my personal trainer, I am 0% excess body fat and my BMI is 18.1

I don't know why, but I don't believe that for some reason. She said I wasn't completely underweight since I'm a teenager, but she said if it persists into my collage ages, it might be a problem.

Crazy right?
I hate everyone;
Admired in hypocrisy
Yeah I'm still down with JC
I guess that everyone includes me
And that's why I'm a humanist
-Hate Everyone, Say Anything

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:18 pm

I went from 18.5 to 17.8..

I really need to gain weight, which is weird because I eat normal.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Don't worry. It will catch up later.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Idk, my dad and his dad, as well as my mom and his parents are under weight as well. The only one who actually isn't is my grandma on my dad's side and she is very overweight.
I guess it all depends on my exercize and how much I eat.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:10 am

cacums wrote:Idk, my dad and his dad, as well as my mom and his parents are under weight as well. The only one who actually isn't is my grandma on my dad's side and she is very overweight.
I guess it all depends on my exercize and how much I eat.
Well diet and exercise do play an important factor, you can't ignore genetic history. Perhaps your family has a trait of high metabolism?

Do you want to gain weight? Try eating a healthy portion of protein and start lifting weights, push ups and any other endurance exercises.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:31 pm

Well, I hate to say it, but over the last 9 months or so, I gained back a significant amount of the weight I had lost. It's mainly because my living situation changed so drastically that my eating habits and motivation did too. But I've finally got myself back on track thanks in part to a weight loss competition through my workplace (national company with 650+ people participating in the competition). I love a good challenge and it was just the motivation I needed to finally get back on the bandwagon. (I don't like to lose!) Tomorrow will be the second of 12 weigh-ins and I'm already down 9.4 pounds. :)