What movie scene is too brutal for you to watch?

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:39 am

I love it when an action/thriller film has a good plot, good chase scenes, and doesn't require unnecessarily graphic violence to get the point across.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:56 am

Anybody seen Peter Jackson's old gorefest called "Bad Taste!?" Image

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:02 pm

Murder me QUICK! wrote: Meet the Applegates has a scene where a girl gets raped on the trampolene before she turns into a mantis, etc, etc.
WHAT? :?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Murder me QUICK!
Spy

Post by Murder me QUICK! » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:49 pm

CluedoKid wrote:Anybody seen Peter Jackson's old gorefest called "Bad Taste!?" Image

Oh yes! Excellent film that! So funny as well!

The scene when the aliens in disguise as humans share a bowl of vomit and start drinking it, or when Derek slices inside the leader alien from above, falling inside his guts and then coming out of the other end saying "I'm reborn!"

Have you seen Peter Jackson's Brain Dead? That's even better!!!!
WHAT?
You've heard me right :wink:

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:52 pm

Murder me QUICK! wrote: Derek slices inside the leader alien from above, falling inside his guts and then coming out of the other end saying "I'm reborn!"

"I'm coming to get you bastards!"

(Though, what I found so horrible to stomach was how Derek could get his head split open, have a chunk of his brain fall out, him squishing that said part of the brain back in his head, and tying his head shut with his belt, yet still able to live and become the hero.)

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:52 pm

I'm going to have to repeat myself: What?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:35 pm

I remember The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas wasn't just heartwrenching for me to watch; many parts were also brutal for my mother to watch as well, since she grew up in a post-WWII world when the world was still a bit unstable. There were some parts where I felt like giving her a hug and then she was the one giving me the hug in the end. :cry:
Another thing that made the experience sad was that my mother and me were the youngest people in the audience; everyone else looked to be about sixty or seventy. I think their reason for seeing the movie was that they were old enough to remember growing up during WWII.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Holy sh*t, just when I thought I was done with this topic, something else comes up. This isn't really a scene from a movie; it's a scene from an anime-- Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (for future reference, let's call it Higurashi). In the seventeenth episode, this girl is forced to apologize for 'disgracing' the head family (by dating the son of the most hated family in town) and in exchange for no harm coming to the boy, she must (get ready for it)...aw heck, I'll put it in white since it's just too horrible : she has to tear off her own fingernails with a special device designed for that purpose. :shock:
The series itself contains scenes that are pretty sick, but that was the first scene where I actually had to close my eyes as it played out to the end. You know how guys wince and cross their legs in sympathy whenever a guy on TV gets it the nads? That's what that scene is like for women. Being somewhat tomboyish, I don't really care about what happens to my nails, but I will say this: Merely breaking a nail is just plain annoying. Having a nail torn off is sheer agony ; a few painful incidents with my pinky toe can tell you this personally.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:31 pm

How painful! How dreadful!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:49 pm

It gets worse: The girl has to use the device to remove THREE of her fingernails. When she's in the middle of the second, it doesn't come all the way off, so the head of the family calls in these other two relatives, who put a mask over her face (like one of those masks they use in a hanging so you don't see the face afterwards) and finish the job. That was when I had to look away.
I REALLY don't want to know what goes on inside the writers' heads during their spare time. :shock:

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:37 am

And here I was, thinking I was special just because I finished writing a difficult shark attack against a navy ship.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:04 pm

OMFG!!!! :shock: :shock:

I was squeezing my hand into a fist when I read that, hiding my nails from the world...

It could have been worse... fingernails and toenails *gags*

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :( :(

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:55 pm

I felt so bad for her after that, even when she crossed a MAJOR moral boundary a few episodes later. I can't reveal what it is without spoiling a major plot point just in case I got someone interested in watching the series, but I can say it pretty much puts Vera Claythorne to shame; the two characters are very much alike, yet this girl also does things Vera could only dream of doing...and then there's good ol' Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki who does what Vera couldn't even be capable of dreaming of doing. :shock:
What does Yuno do, you may ask? Just go the topic about dreams and you'll see my latest post. THAT is the sort of stuff she does nearly all the time in the manga.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Oh my God, I youtubed it! :shock: :shock:

All I have to say is ouch! Oh my God, ouch!!!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Yet another scene from Higurashi that's more than a little unsettling to watch. In the second season, at the end of one of the story arcs, the villain (whose identity I will not reveal, lest I spoil a genuinely shocking twist) decides to further prove their power to become a God...by infecting everyone in town with a deadly virus. Think that's bad? It gets worse--the villain's team deduces that the results would be catastrophic, thus the best solution is to gas everyone in town and make it look like a tragic disaster, like it came from elsewhere.
Still think that's bad? Here's what makes it so horrible: The villain's lackies go to this school, tape the door shut with several innocent people inside, and gas the place. The result is extremely disturbing to watch. Words just can't do justice to describe it. It reminded me so much of the Holocaust on a very dark level (and in fact, I think that might have been the intention: To get the audience to see the dark parallel). And in this arc, the villain does not get punished. They just gloat about how they have become God and they laugh. :evil:
That's not how the series ends, btw; it is composed of several different arcs, and that is just one of them. After watching this one, I really want the good guys to win.

Jonathan Green
Spy

Re: What movie scene is too brutal for you to watch?

Post by Jonathan Green » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 pm

The death of Crayton from Disney's Tarzan.
It haunts my childhood.
"Our love is God." - Jason Dean, Heathers (1989)

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:27 pm

I have a relatively high tolerance for this stuff, but there’s a scene in BONE TOMAHAWK that’s simply too brutal to watch.

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Snoop

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:36 am

In the movie Dahmer (based on the real serial killer) One of his victims tries to escape and the cop doesn't believe him. thinking he is drunk. when Jeffrey Dahmer says that everything is okay to the cop and brings the victim back to his place. it just made me feel bad and was so hard to watch that I haven't finished watching the film.