Movie Scenes That Traumatized You *May Contain Spoilers*

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Thu May 29, 2008 11:21 pm

I've seen the LAST CRUSADE. Wow, I got really creeped out when

*** SPOILERS! ***
That guy drank from the wrong grail. *Shiver!* That's gonna haunt me in my nightmares!
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Fri May 30, 2008 11:09 am

Raiders scares me when that snake comes slithering out of the skulls mouth
Last edited by cacums on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:28 pm

I just remembered another one: Jaws. I was about nine when I saw it and I saw it during the winter and when my family and I went to the beach during the summer, I was scared to go in the water. I went in anyway, but with caution...
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:24 pm

Creepshow 2's "The Raft" sequence, did that to me.

I went camping the weekend after seeing it, and I was afraid to go into the lake.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:40 pm

That is a creepy scene...

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:38 pm

I tried to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark when I was younger, but the first scene when the skeleton pops out at you freaked me out for life. Ever since then I've been deathly afraid of skulls.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Snow White. The old hag in Snow White gave me nightmares for years. Especially that part after the queen transforms and then she unveils her face and smiles. Creepy!!!! This woman was the epitome of scariness to me for a long, long time.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:04 pm

A few others

As a kid, I couldn't watch the last scenes of Rear Window or The Birds. I was terrified and would leave the room. Now it seems kind of silly, but they really bothered me. And at the end of North by Northwest, I would crawl up the back of the couch. Not really sure why, I guess just to be further from the TV.

Although I hadn't seen the movie, the Jaws ride at Universal Studios really did a number on me. It made me terrified of the water for awhile. Combined with the effect that the Hitchcock show had on me, it made Universal Studios one of my least favorite places to visit.

There was an episode of Dr. Who that I watched at a friend's house about a hand that crawls around by itself and kills people. That REALLY creeped me out, and I had to spend the night in my parent's room.

A more recent television show that bothered me was an episode of Lost where you think two characters are dead but they are just temporarily paralyzed. The episode ends with one of them waking up just as they are throwing dirt over her. Kind of a "filler" episode, but it really bothered me.

SpiralHeart
Suspect

Post by SpiralHeart » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:26 am

Because my cousin was evil she made me watch this weird version of chuckie when i was five which made me horrified of dolls. My aunt preceded to send me porclien(sp?) dolls for my birth day. My cousin also loved Poltergeist which created a fear of the dark, TV's and new houses.
When i was eleven i saw the grudge and for a year i didn't sleep with a comfoter because of a scene when a person is attacked when they get under one. I still sleep with the lights on. Oddly I'm not still scared of that movie. As for recently I saw The Happening for a secound time just now. i think I'll be affraid of plants for about a week probably.

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:05 am

Dawn of the Dead traumatized me. It was that first scene with the little girl, were she comes up to the dude and bites him in the neck. I had never seen that much blood before and it freaked me out so badly.
I think I was eleven when I saw that scene. It was my first zombie movie and now I am terrified of zombies. Though, they're my favorite horror movie creature!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:14 pm

As a child, there was a particular character in Toy Story that freaked me out on their first appearence. And no, it wasn't Rex when he goes "AAAHHRRR!" And it wasn't Sid when he blows up the Combat Carl. It was that toy with the one eye and a spider-like machine for the body. Maybe it was because I once saw a picture of it in the story book and it freaked me out, but for whatever reason, I'd always get scared by its appearence and turn away. Now, its first appearence doesn't freak me out...as much.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:44 pm

I know the one you're talking about! It freaked me out too!! A lot!! Something's telling me I used to close my eyes when it showed up...

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:37 pm

Jane Poirot wrote:As a child, there was a particular character in Toy Story that freaked me out on their first appearence. And no, it wasn't Rex when he goes "AAAHHRRR!" And it wasn't Sid when he blows up the Combat Carl. It was that toy with the one eye and a spider-like machine for the body. Maybe it was because I once saw a picture of it in the story book and it freaked me out, but for whatever reason, I'd always get scared by its appearence and turn away. Now, its first appearence doesn't freak me out...as much.
I think that one traumatized most of us as kids. Ugh...I still hate it.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:09 pm

I was always afraid of that movie :(

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:22 pm

Actually, I was traumatized by a quartet of movies about the Biblical end times. Made in the 70's, so Left Behind and its dulicators owe them quite a lot.

A thief in the night, a distant thunder, image of the beast, and the prodigal planet. Terrifying.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:25 pm

The Ring's cursed video tape. It's one of my favourite movies, but I simply cannot look at the screen when the video is playing. I'm seriously paranoid as to whether I'm going to be cursed with the '7 Days' thing. :shock:

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Adam106 wrote:The Ring's cursed video tape. It's one of my favourite movies, but I simply cannot look at the screen when the video is playing. I'm seriously paranoid as to whether I'm going to be cursed with the '7 Days' thing. :shock:
Ha me too! I'm always afraid I'm going to get a call from Samara afterwards!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:04 pm

What was that one Al Pacino movie? The Devil's Advocate? That was a pretty good, but also somewhat traumatic, film.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Both final Fantasia sequences have one thing in common: The villain always freaks me out, the devil in the original and the firebird in the new one.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:19 pm

The scene in Spiderman 3 were Peter Parker tries to go badass, anyone?