Movie Scenes That Traumatized You *May Contain Spoilers*

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Another anime example: One anime I'm getting into recently is Pandora Hearts . It's...hard to explain exactly what it's about, but anyway...there's this one episode where the main characters meet a young girl who looks like your typical flower-selling girl who is possibly being abused by a pervy buyer. Only...at the end of the episode... it turns out she made a "contract" with this other...weird, surreal thing (don't ask)...and now her time is up, and she gets dragged into the abyss. The main character tries to save her, but he is held back and told there is nothing he can do now, and he can only stand and watch while the girl is crying out "HELP ME!" while she's slowly being dragged down into the abyss by this black tar... :shock: It's one of those images that never leaves you...
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Splice

The whole movie was was fucked up!! It was sort cute when the alien creature was a baby. But when the male scientist has sex with female alien and then she turns into a male alien and rapes the female scientist and impregnates her.... yeah. nuff said.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:11 pm

I saw the movie Buried this weekend. It's the one where Ryan Renolds plays a hostage buried in a coffin in the Iraqi desert. The ending of that movie is still running through my head. The whole movie is just disturbing in its own way, though.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 pm

I think I saw the trailer for that on TV. Is that the one where the guy is trying to use his cellphone to tell people "this is not a stunt, I am buried alive, rescue me", something along those lines?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 am

JAWS - the scene when they discovered the boat adrift at night and Richard Dreyfuss goes diving and discovers a hole in the side of the boat where this half-eaten head floats into view. Scared me so bad, the rest of the film became much more real than it should have been.

BURIED sounds good, but it doesn't quite seem like a Ryan Reynolds kinda movie.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:07 pm

My older sister came over this weekend and last night she made me watch all the Hostel movies with her. That bathing in virgin blood scene still has me cringing.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:49 pm

It isn't really a movie, but one of the scenes from one of the Simpson's Treehouse of Terror episodes. I mean, I'm pretty sure at any age, a beating heart on a corkscrew would startle anyone, but I was nine at the time, so, yeah.
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:48 pm

There's a terrible scene in THE PIANIST where a Nazi forces random Jews to step out of a line and lie down on the ground... Then he goes and shoots them all through the head. When it's the last Jew's turn, the killer runs out of bullets and the victim's forced to wait for him to reload before he kills him... That scene always left me horrified.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Jonathan Green
Senior Detective

Re: Movie Scenes That Traumatized You *May Contain Spoilers*

Post by Jonathan Green » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:02 pm

Clayton’s death from Disney’s Tarzan.
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:46 am

That's funny, I was reading about Clayton's death in an article this week.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:31 pm

Omg, the girl getting stabbed in the ankle with a pencil in The Evil Dead. Demonic possession is like the scariest thing to me, so watching that in like middle school was traumatizing. I ran from room after the one possessed girl was locked in the basement but could taunt them from the trap door in the floor.

Oddly enough, I think I’d seen The Exorcist before The Evil Dead. Still hard to sit through as a kid. Now as an adult I really like The Exorcist and other good scary movies (a lot are terrible though). But I’ve never had the courage to watch The Evil Dead all the way through. Which is silly since I’ve seen The Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. And I wasn’t that much older when I watched The Evil Dead 2, and I’m surprised I didn’t run from the room during that one.

I’m also paranoid around seagulls because of The Birds, but I’ve always loved that movie.

Oh, and the T-Rex attacking the kids in the car in Jurassic Park (which I saw in theaters in second grade). I knew it was just a movie, but I still feared the T-Rex eating me in every public restroom stall and could swear there were velociraptors stalking me in my closet at night. Even though it was traumatizing, that was my all time favorite movie since the day I saw it until recently when it was bumped down to my second favorite.

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:06 am

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:31 pm
. . . Oddly enough, I think I’d seen The Exorcist before The Evil Dead . . .
I saw The Exorcist when I was 18 or 19 in college (it was playing on campus one weekend) and . . . it brought back memories from when I was younger. 8)

(Nothing evil or scary, mind you, but I had been an altar boy in my church when I was younger, so a church scene reminded me of that.)

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:19 pm

A guy shooting himself in Der Untergang (Downfall).

In younger years basically all of Return To Oz and Amsterdamned. Today the opening scene of Amsterdamned is one of my favourite unintentionally hilarious scenes but 7 is too young to watch that sort of serial killer stuff.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:40 pm

BBP wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:19 pm
A guy shooting himself in Der Untergang (Downfall).

In younger years basically all of Return To Oz and Amsterdamned. Today the opening scene of Amsterdamned is one of my favourite unintentionally hilarious scenes but 7 is too young to watch that sort of serial killer stuff.
Return to Oz is pretty good

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:40 pm

MajorHoy wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:06 am
PrinceAlarming wrote:
I saw The Exorcist when I was 18 or 19 in college (it was playing on campus one weekend) and . . . it brought back memories from when I was younger. 8)

(Nothing evil or scary, mind you, but I had been an altar boy in my church when I was younger, so a church scene reminded me of that.)
What kind of memories? :shock:

MajorHoy
Slueth

Post by MajorHoy » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:53 pm

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:40 pm
MajorHoy wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:06 am
PrinceAlarming wrote:

What kind of memories? :shock:
Nothing bad. Just the stuff about lighting the candles for mass and other duties that I had as an altar boy. Very wholesome stuff.

Jonathan Green
Senior Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:15 pm

Not a movie, but it still traumatized me as a kid. Those shadows from Disney’s Bear in the Big Blue House. Still freak me out as a 16 year old.
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:21 am

Ernest Scared Stupid. Freaked me out as a kid, and I still don’t like watching it to this day.