I was here...and now I'm back

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

notcesario
Suspect

I was here...and now I'm back

Post by notcesario » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:00 pm

I joined a while back but never posted very often. Thought I would stop in and see what's going on! Apparently I missed some "Brian" thing, for one. :)

Last night I was reminded of this site when I was making new 'detective notes' sheets in Excel for my niece for her family's Master Detective game. I'm not sure if there's a place to buy refills for that version, so I decided I'd just make them myself. They turned out well!

-Carrie

Edited to add:
I tried to find my old posts, but it looks like I edited them out! I was having issues with a former co-worker so I was trying to minimize my presence on the web. I deleted a lot of my public accounts and tried to delete messages on forums I belonged to.

Anyway, to recap what I probably said in those earlier posts:
My name is Carrie, and I'm from Minneapolis. I've always loved Clue - I used to pretend to live in the Clue mansion. My dream is to grow a hedge maze, and I love Agatha Christie (and other mystery/suspense novels). There's a really cool bookstore in my neighborhood called Once Upon a Crime - I wish you all could visit it!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi, I'm cacums, and i joined May of last year :wink: Master Detective i think is the best spin-off edition ever!!! (probably because it was the first spin off ever made and the first spin off i got. :wink:

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Another of our members, Cluegirl, is from Minneapolis (area) as well. (And I used to live in Eden Prarie...) What a coincidence.

And Welcome Back!
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

notcesario
Suspect

Post by notcesario » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Michael wrote:(And I used to live in Eden Prarie...) What a coincidence.
That's right, I remember you saying that! You helped set up Von Maur, right?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:19 pm

I guess I say the same things over and over... LOL. But yes, I did help with Von Maur. Ever shop there? I kinda miss it. I wonder if they still do the free ups shipping and no fee or interest credit lines. (I must sound like a commercial...)

I haven't read an Agatha Christie in a while. Do you have any favorites?
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

cluegirl104
"I NEED to watch the movie again!!"

Post by cluegirl104 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:19 pm

NIce to meet a fellow Minnesota clue collector!!! Welcome!! :D
Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless b!tch

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:32 am

Hello Carrie. I'm Roman :D

Welcome back to the site!

notcesario
Suspect

Post by notcesario » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:02 am

Michael wrote:I guess I say the same things over and over... LOL. But yes, I did help with Von Maur. Ever shop there? I kinda miss it. I wonder if they still do the free ups shipping and no fee or interest credit lines. (I must sound like a commercial...)

I haven't read an Agatha Christie in a while. Do you have any favorites?
I rarely go to EP, because the Mall of America is close. But, the mall stilll seems to be going strong. Every year it gets a bit more upscale, from what I remember.

It's hard to recommend a Christie book without knowing your audience well. Hmmm, I've never read a Poirot before. I'm not a die-hard Christie fan (I'm probably one of the few who enjoyed the newer versions of Marple that PBS aired) - but I recently read (and liked) the Secret Adversary. Endless Night also appealed to me. And Sparkling Cyanide? Well, I guess I like all of them....