Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm sick of spending countless hours applying for jobs every day. I'm living at home and getting no where. Just filling out the same information with EVERY application. Why have me submit my resume if you're just going to have me fill out the SAME information on your little questionaire? And If I have a Bachelor's degree (which I do), it should be assumed I graduated high school. And that when you ask when I started college and when I ended, you shouldn't have to ask how many years I attended. I just told you. It was four. I graduated from a four year university in four years. And after having me fill out endless application things, you don't even get back to me with an "Eff you, we hired someone else without really looking over your resume."

I went to a head hunter, and she said that most companies were looking for someone with more professional experience. Yeah, and how do I get that? If I don't get a "professional" job, I don't get professional experience. Which is what I'm trying to do.

Anyway, that's my current thought. I need a drink.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:36 am

I can feel your pain, I've only got a valunteer job at the BHF (British Heart Foundation) and at the moment, there is nothing up for offer.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Niteshade007 wrote:I'm sick of spending countless hours applying for jobs every day. I'm living at home and getting no where. Just filling out the same information with EVERY application. Why have me submit my resume if you're just going to have me fill out the SAME information on your little questionaire? And If I have a Bachelor's degree (which I do), it should be assumed I graduated high school. And that when you ask when I started college and when I ended, you shouldn't have to ask how many years I attended. I just told you. It was four. I graduated from a four year university in four years. And after having me fill out endless application things, you don't even get back to me with an "Eff you, we hired someone else without really looking over your resume."

I went to a head hunter, and she said that most companies were looking for someone with more professional experience. Yeah, and how do I get that? If I don't get a "professional" job, I don't get professional experience. Which is what I'm trying to do.

Anyway, that's my current thought. I need a drink.
I feel your pain and know exactly what you're going through... You have to spend a long time filling out those applications knowing it's probably futile. Wouldn't it be nice if they would just look at your resume and then ask you to fill out the application if they're interested in you? And then half the time you never hear back at all.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 pm

I know. But figure with each one I'm closer to finding my job. Just gotta put the work in in the meantime.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't think any dramatization of the Titanic and its passengers is as heart-breaking as this one. :( Mr. Bately seems kindly enough. Course, they all do...
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:26 pm

Good grief, they DO write some garbage for descriptions! "It is the morning after the night before" are you serious???!
~ Blackmail!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:40 am

I think I've found a spiffing resource for all things related to Titanic: Adventure Out of Time!

http://titanicadventureoutoftime.wordpress.com/

I think I'll dig my copy up!
~ Blackmail!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:44 pm

WarnerPlum, what kind of computer do you own and how do you make the game work?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:07 pm

I dunno, it's an XP; I've only just installed the game - it crashes at some points. :(

I tell you what... have you still got a copy of Windows 95 or 98 somewhere? Playing it on a Virtual PC should work.
~ Blackmail!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:38 pm

LOOK! It's AMAZING!!!! :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHHa0g4mEwM#!

The problem is I'll have to buy a new computer just to run it! :cry:
~ Blackmail!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:48 pm

very neat.

i can't help but think, though, that if the Titanic were in existence today, it would be a pretty crappy cruise ship.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 pm

Michael, your absolutely right. Titanic was cramped, overheated and made heavy use of garish period styles that would be plain tacky today. Still a beauty to it, but today, it would be woefully underwhelming.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:01 am

That's a shame! :(
~ Blackmail!

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:04 am

For some reason, I cannot visit subpages of forums anymore; first discovered this yesterday. So now I can only visit the "last post" topics. Anyone else have issues, or do I need to delete some cookies?

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 am

We did an update a couple days ago and one other poster is having some difficulties. What do you mean by the subpages for example? Everything works fine on my end...

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:11 am

I can get on the forum index fine, but if I click on any of its boards (Miscellaneous, General Discussion, Buy/Sell/Trade etc), I see the Art Of Murder banner, Homepage/Forums/Clue Games bar, FAQ/Search/Memberlist bar just fine. But nothing below that, just background.

I can post a screenshot if my English lets me down, not a native speaker, ya know...

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:27 am

please do. can you email it to me? michael@theartofmurder.com

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 am

BBP wrote:I can get on the forum index fine, but if I click on any of its boards (Miscellaneous, General Discussion, Buy/Sell/Trade etc), I see the Art Of Murder banner, Homepage/Forums/Clue Games bar, FAQ/Search/Memberlist bar just fine. But nothing below that, just background.

I can post a screenshot if my English lets me down, not a native speaker, ya know...
I'm having the same problem.

Also, It's my 20th today

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:10 pm

I was having a log in malfunction several weeks back where I'd log in successfully and it would send me to the main page with me still not logged in. The second time would always work however...

BBP
Detective

Post by BBP » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Black wrote:
BBP wrote:I can get on the forum index fine, but if I click on any of its boards (Miscellaneous, General Discussion, Buy/Sell/Trade etc), I see the Art Of Murder banner, Homepage/Forums/Clue Games bar, FAQ/Search/Memberlist bar just fine. But nothing below that, just background.

I'm having the same problem.

Also, It's my 20th today
Happy birthday! Mine was the 4th btw :) .