Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Somehow it feels wrong... I bought a fake plant to fill out my lack-of-sun-room. All the plants I buy die - or are in a state of dying. At least now I'll have some perpetual greenery. I actually went looking for some fake orchids last weekened to put on my fireplace. (Didn't find the perfect ones, though.) We've always kept orchids on either side of the mantle, but they only last a couple months at the most and get to be pretty pricey. At least some of the fake ones look pretty real and being up high, you probably won't be able to tell. But somehow I feel like a little old lady with plastic plants.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Guess who just ordered what on a shirt?

Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:48 am

OHNO!

http://comedy.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/harr ... +Promotion

As delighted as I am that TV Burp has a new home, it's the CARTOON Network - not the LIVE-ACTION Network! :shock:
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:58 pm

~ Blackmail!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Hey, guys? You know that game project thing I've been doing? Well, I want to ask about how obvious you think the pun names from it are. If you could give me some form of feedback, that'd be great.
Vance Nilla: Fast food resturaunt owner
Exie Manate: Newbie homicide detective
Kara Mass: Cosmetics store owner
Julia Sparks: Daughter of a jeweler
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:44 pm

WOW!!!

I'm still reeling from excitement. I just found out something interesting about Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, a legendary magazine in the mystery universe with an esteemed history behind it. (My favourite author, John Dickson Carr, wrote reviews for it late in his life. He wrote some short stories that appeared there too.)

Anyhow: in the newest issue of EQMM, my blog actually got a mention!!! The author of the column, Bill Crider, mentioned it in very positive terms and recommended it to his readers.

When I fired up the blog nearly a year ago, I never expected to get a mention in such a fine publication as EQMM. This has definitely made my year!
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Zoo977 wrote:Hey, guys? You know that game project thing I've been doing? Well, I want to ask about how obvious you think the pun names from it are. If you could give me some form of feedback, that'd be great.
Vance Nilla: Fast food resturaunt owner
Exie Manate: Newbie homicide detective
Kara Mass: Cosmetics store owner
Julia Sparks: Daughter of a jeweler
I like Vance Nilla, and the pun is easy enough to see. Same for Exie Manate. Kara Mass is not as obvious as a pun on mascara; it took me the longest to figure that one out. Maybe something like Maxine Factor, Libby Stick, Ava Vaughn (Though that does sound a bit too much like Ava Braun), Steph Ora, or Mary Kay would be a bit more obvious if that's what you're going for.

The Julia Sparks pun is pretty clear too, but it's not my favorite name in the bunch. It doesn't sound as punny.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:15 am

go_leafs_nation wrote:WOW!!!

I'm still reeling from excitement. I just found out something interesting about Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, a legendary magazine in the mystery universe with an esteemed history behind it. (My favourite author, John Dickson Carr, wrote reviews for it late in his life. He wrote some short stories that appeared there too.)

Anyhow: in the newest issue of EQMM, my blog actually got a mention!!! The author of the column, Bill Crider, mentioned it in very positive terms and recommended it to his readers.

When I fired up the blog nearly a year ago, I never expected to get a mention in such a fine publication as EQMM. This has definitely made my year!
WOW! That is amazing and impressive! Congratulations!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:43 am

I've just found out that my parents have been on my Youtube account and they didn't tell me.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:35 pm

So now I'm 20. I don't know how to feel about that, but we can't stay young forever, right?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Black wrote:I've just found out that my parents have been on my Youtube account and they didn't tell me.
Is there something you're hiding?!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Jane Poirot wrote:So now I'm 20. I don't know how to feel about that, but we can't stay young forever, right?
20 IS young, Young Lady.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:01 am

Michael wrote:
Black wrote:I've just found out that my parents have been on my Youtube account and they didn't tell me.
Is there something you're hiding?!
No. Dad has taken up fishing and in my Like playist, there is a fishing video, that's how I found out.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:42 am

Michael wrote:
Jane Poirot wrote:So now I'm 20. I don't know how to feel about that, but we can't stay young forever, right?
20 IS young, Young Lady.
Lol, yeah, but somehow it just FEELS older.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:19 pm

WARNING! We're all going to die! We're all going to die! We're all going to die! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
~ Blackmail!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:33 pm

And yet, amazingly enough, I am alive. How can this be? Surely I must be a ghost! :lol:

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 pm

Has anyone ever liked a particular singer or band in your teens or pre-teens, then didn't like them as much when you got older? I used to love Evanescence in my teens, but now I don't quite love them as much. I still like some of their songs, and a couple of the instrumentals are nice, but their lyrics just don't "speak" to me anymore. I might like a song if it "speaks" to a character in a fanfic or story I'm writing, but on its own I don't really connect to it.

Maybe I discovered better bands, or maybe I just grew up.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 am

WarnerPlum wrote:WARNING! We're all going to die! We're all going to die! We're all going to die! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC8nyBr9_-8

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Even the mere thought of the WTC is depressing! :(
~ Blackmail!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:38 am

Say! That Victrola music off The Colonel's Bequest was on Classic FM! What's it called....?
~ Blackmail!