All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:06 am

That's right. Did you protest at all?

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:04 am

My big right toe's got a blister-ish swelling on it. I've been limping around here. It's really painful. :(

Meanwhile, my computer's falling apart at the seams, and is finding an excuse to break down every day. I think I might have to get a new one soon...
Last edited by WarnerPlum on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm

900 people arrested. The largest mass arrest in Canadian history.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:33 pm

CluedoKid wrote:900 people arrested. The largest mass arrest in Canadian history.
I take it that you weren't one of them.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:54 pm

I can't really say I exactly sympathise with the protestors, but it is a ridiculously perfect case of irresponsible spending. More than a billion dollars spent on security, a lot of damages caused, and what the devil for? There are plenty of other places better than Toronto. :roll: I'm sure someone will forget to switch the HST back... Stupid, money-grabbing government... What happened to the GST being temporary, while we're at it?
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:11 pm

go_leafs_nation,

If there is anyone you shouldn't sympathize with, it's the riot police. Here, the police charge a crowd of protesters demonstrating peacefully by singing the national anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qynihO0WFHc

Also, if you disapprove of the violence supposedly caused by a small group of protesters, well your not alone. Most damages were caused by a violent few who give the peaceful protesters a bad name.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:11 am

go_leafs_nation wrote: I can't really say I exactly sympathise with the protestors
You may have already seen it, but Cluedokid just posted up a topic about his experience with the G20 summit, which I just finished reading. By "protestors", do you mean the few violent individuals? Or "protestors" as a whole, lumping the violent few with the peaceful majority? If you are referring to the latter, I would suggest you read through said topic...and then honestly say you feel no sympathy for innocent people whose worst crime was singing a John Lennon song.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:13 am

Perhaps my choice of words was confusing- I simply meant I don't entirely agree with the protesting.
~Ellery Queen

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Current thoughts: Wow, I'm going to be twenty in less than ten hours. These are my final hours as a teenager. Unless I miraculously live to be 113 years old, I can never be a teenager again.

:shock:

Given my more mature voice, and that fact that I am almost always cast in older, or more "responsible" roles, I will probably never play a teenager either. :?

Aaand...that's all. :)
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Haha... you're OLD now!
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:35 pm

YES! Today is my lucky day!! I've fixed an error in my Internet that prevented most web-based applications from working properly; I switched off my proxy server in LAN settings. I'm good now!! :D
~ Blackmail!

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Michael wrote:Haha... you're OLD now!
Correction: I will be old in about 5 1/2 hours. :P

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:30 pm

And even though I'm practically 20, I'm still doing housework for toys. Yay, unemployment.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 am

I sent a train riding off a broken bridge once!!

~ Blackmail!

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:24 pm

I'm back for a bit. Not that I was terribly active before I left, but I've found that time is something I have very little of since working for Disney. I love the people I work with, and the job itself is pretty easy, but I find that I answer insanely stupid questions over and over all day, and by the end of the day, I'm perhaps not as cheery as I should be. However, if you are unable to see the Tower of Terror, a 13 story pink building towering over the park, then there is very little I feel I can do for you, and I also feel that natural selection should have wiped you out.

But I'm getting lots of good stories. Guests are some of the best and worst parts of my day.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am

I watched the History Channel's DVD on the War of 1812, and I must say, it's pretty bad propaganda, not history. While the conflict was between the US and Canada, the program refers to the British, ignoring the fact that Britain just about ignored the situation in Canada. The American army was vastly superior to the Canadian, and the president at the time even declared that the invasion would be a mere matter of marching. But according to the DVD, the American side emerged victorious (Really? No one won the war.), defending their threatened democracy. Huh? Facts are ignored, and the war is presented almost as if the British were the ones declaring the war on the poor, innocent, democratic USA (who just wanted to live peacefully), with only a few comments suggesting otherwise, thrown as asides. It might sound unreasonable, but it made me pretty mad, seeing as the War of 1812 is one of my favourite parts of Canadian history. The National Film Board of Canada made a far better documentary on the war: War of 1812, a four-part series. It has some excellent acting, and is also far truer to the facts.

I hate it when facts are twisted around to make one side seem more heroic than it actually was. It's one of the reasons why I highly dislike U-571, which attributes heroic deeds of British men to (you guessed it!) the Americans, at a time when the US wasn't even in the war. *facepalm*
~Ellery Queen

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 pm

The Very Last of the Summer Wine is on tonight. :( And they've set the date for when the Queen Vic is going up in fire - 9th September.
~ Blackmail!

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad

Post by WarnerPlum » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Farewell, Last of the Summer Wine!

(Did I lock the door?!)
~ Blackmail!

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:53 pm

I made these today to convince my brother that such a game existed. It doesn't.

"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Awesome, I'd actually love to play that if it was real.