Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:49 pm

OH SH*T.

They cast me after all. As Emilia. Joy. I don't want to be a b@stard to them, but ****!

And the worst part is, the girl who was overly sinister in her readings is Iago. Instead of making an apparently casual remark, her words were dripping with malice.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Finally, after weeks of effort and a furious letter campaign to the Windsor Star, they have published an article that is not so heavily biased against Father Piotr:

http://www.windsorstar.com/news/Support ... story.html
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:55 pm

You know, go leafs, listening to you repeatedly go on and on and on and on about how you're so sure this play will be a disaster and how everyone else's intepretations of a character are so horrible and you're the only one who gets it gets boring after a while. You're like a broken record. I mean, it's one thing to complain endlessly; it's another when you can't stop complanining.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:00 am

I've calmed down slightly, but the underhanded trick upset me more than anything else.
~Ellery Queen

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 am

ARRRGH!! MAKE THEM STOP!!

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:16 am

Theriault is having a field day lol.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:14 pm

I counted at least 7 before school today. All of which had more &, =, }, \, and $ than any other thread..

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:06 am

Isn't it creepy? Another major earthquake, this time in Turkey.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:37 am

Not creepy, just coincidental.

(Imagine being in an earthquake. You really have nowhere to be to avoid chaotic shaking. It's the floor and ground, the thing that keeps us safe and stable that is suddenly impossible to stand on. The best way I can think it being like a rollercoaster or terrible drug trip that never seems to end. Imagine the confusion.)

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 pm

A Story:

The Purple Flower

There was once a little boy, who was about 5 years old, named Timmy. Timmy was a very curious little boy, and, as the old saying goes, “curiosity killed the cat.� Timmy’s curiosity got him in trouble quite a bit. This story is about Timmy and his curiosity.
Timmy left his home one day and met some high school kids chatting on the sidewalk. They were talking about purple flowers. Timmy wanted to know what a purple flower was, so he asked the tallest kid, “What’s a purple flower?� The kid looked around and nodded to his friends. They beat him up for five minutes before they got tired. One of the kids said, “Go away, purple flower!� Timmy realized that he was late for school, so he hurried up and ran to school. At school, Timmy said to the teacher, “What’s a purple flower?� The teacher said, “A purple flower? How inappropriate! You shouldn’t know that! Go see the principal.� Timmy didn’t understand. Why was he in so much trouble? He walked with his head down all the way to the principal’s office. The principal said, “What’s wrong? Are you sick or in trouble?� Timmy responded, “I think I’m in trouble. I was walking to school and asked some kids what a purple flower was. They beat me up. Then I went to school and asked the teacher. She sent me here.� The principal was speechless. “How awful! I’m calling your parents.� The principal immediately picked up the phone and dialed Timmy’s parent’s number. “Hello?� the voice on the other line said. “Yes. Hello,� the principal said. “I’m the principal at your son Timmy’s school. I’m sorry to say that your son is in deep trouble here.� He put down the phone for a second and whispered to Timmy, “Tell your parents what happened.� He handed the phone to Timmy. Timmy said, “I was walking to school when I asked some big kids what a purple flower was. They beat me up, and I ran to school. I asked the teacher what it was, and she sent me to the principal’s office. The principal told me to tell you. So I’m wondering, what’s a purple flower?� Timmy’s mother yelled at him. “Purple flower? Purple flower!? What do kids learn these days? I want the principal to drive you to the Superintendent’s office. Jeesh!� She hung up. Timmy told the principal what his mother said. So the principal drove Timmy to the Superintendent’s office in the high school downtown. Timmy told his story to the superintendent. “I was walking to school and asked some kids what a purple flower was. They beat me up. Then I went to school and asked the teacher. She sent me to the principal’s office. The principal called my mom, and she told me to tell the principal to drive me here. So, I’m wondering: What’s a purple flower?� The superintendent, in a state of shock, said: “Man, that is dirty! I believe it is illegal in this state for children to use words like that!� He looked in a large book marked: LAWS AND STATUTES OF THIS STATE. He flipped through it and closed it. “Yes, it is illegal in this state! I’m calling the police.� Timmy was soon at the police station, where he was strapped to a chair in a darkened room while two police officers asked him questions. “Exactly what happened?� asked the first one. She seemed very grumpy. Timmy explained, “I was walking to school and asked some kids what a purple flower was. They beat me up. Then I went to school and asked the teacher. She sent me to the principal’s office. The principal called my mom, and she told me to tell the principal to drive me to the superintendent’s office. He called you. So I’m wondering, what’s a purple flower?� The police officers looked at each other and the second one said, “You’re goin’ to court.� The two police officers dragged him out and was soon in court. He explained to the judge, “I was walking to school and asked some kids what a purple flower was. They beat me up. Then I went to school and asked the teacher. She sent me to the principal’s office. The principal called my mom, and she told me to tell the principal to drive me to the superintendent’s office. He called the police, and now I’m here. So I’m wondering: What’s a purple flower?� The judge gasped. “I sentence you to 20 years in prison!� He was dragged away and soon put in jail. When Timmy was 25 years old, he was released from prison. He happily walked out of jail. His friend Joseph was waiting there for him. “Timmy!� Joseph cried. “I’ve missed you so much!� They hugged. They started to walk across the street together. Timmy said, “Listen, Joseph. I’ve been waiting 20 years to know this: What’s a purple flower?� Joseph started to say, “A purple flower is-� A bus hit Timmy and Joseph in mid sentence.

What’s the moral of the story?

Always look twice before crossing the street.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Not a bad story fendue.....

I been meaning to ask. Has anyone heard from cluedoauthor12 lately, it's been ages since he was here.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Not I..

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Neither have I- which was a particular shame since we were planning a second collaboration mystery. Set on an island in the Caribbean... *sigh*
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:58 am

At last, the insane hacker's grip on my favourite website has been released!
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:09 pm

Speaking of hackers, I think we've got another spambot...in the Miscellaneous Page no less!
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm

I have to write a scene of dialogue for school. Not going well. At all.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 am

PeachFreak wrote:I have to write a scene of dialogue for school. Not going well. At all.
I'm sure if you need help, will give you some insperation.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:07 pm

I couldn't take Internet Explorer anymore. So I'm trying out Chrome...

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:32 pm

And I am now on Firefox! I can't decide. I think I should go with Chrome, but I've heard good things about Firefox. Any suggestions?

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Are you Color Blind?

If you can see the number you aren't.