Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:17 am

Quadsworth wrote: Hmmm... might change mine.
Do you know what your going to change it too? (if you did)

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:22 am

I pulled an all nighter... again

Quadsworth
Slueth

Post by Quadsworth » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:42 pm

cacums wrote:gun shot in a drop of blood?
Ooh, that's much cooler than what I had intended, I just made an off color gun shot. From now on though, yes, it's a gun shot in a drop of blood.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:01 pm

The Maple Leafs made a blockbuster trade with the Calgary Flames which is drawing comparisons to the Doug Gilmour trade that turned the Leafs into a real contender. Dion Phaneuf, the player around whom the trade centers, is one of the NHL's better defencemen, although he's been in a bit of a slump this year, and I'm really excited!

Then, half an hour later, the Leafs announced that they traded two players and got J-S Giguere from the Anaheim Ducks. Giguere lost his spot as starting goalie this year, but he's one heck of a player. One of my favourites, it happens.

All in all, I'm really happy at news of these trades. Blockbuster trades like this are an endangered species in hockey now, but they really spice up interest and are very entertaining.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Not sure if anyone has brought it up at the time, but how do people feel about the tighter security measures at airports? Does anyone feel safer now?

The way I see it, the passengers of Titanic felt they were safe too as well.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:36 pm

I got college off tomorrow while everyone else in my class has to go.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 pm

In 12 days, it will be February 14th.
Also known as the worst day of the year.
I hate it.
It's an excuse for people who are sooooooo "in love" to make out on the stairs while you wait for them to move it.
Ugh.
~Ellery Queen

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 pm

I don't mind Valentines Day. As for the people kissing, you could try pushing them out of the way, unless you think that would be rude of you. Just a suggestion. I've started the habit of gently pushing idling students out of my way rather than waste my time finding a way around. I've gotten around faster as a result.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Well the main computer has officially crashed and we are now using my sister's old laptop. That means that all photos are gone. Meh, that I can deal with. All music is gone. That will be extremely troublesome to have to redownload everything. All computer programs are gone... NO SIMS 2! And worst of all, all Word documents are gone. This is dozens of plots ideas, poems, begun scripts and stories, etc. all gone. Greeeeeeat.

On a lighter note, slowly getting back into the murder mystery loop which I fell out of in the past few months. I caught Murder at the Gallop on TCM which was absolutely delightful. Margaret Rutherford was fantastic as Miss Marple and had me cheering for her the whole film through. A great late night catch.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:16 pm

That sucks :(

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:49 pm

CluedoKid wrote: Not sure if anyone has brought it up at the time, but how do people feel about the tighter security measures at airports? Does anyone feel safer now?

The way I see it, the passengers of Titanic felt they were safe too as well.
I think we'd be a lot safer if we just flew naked. :P
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:12 am

God, IMDB lets anyone register. Look at this guy's disgust of The Blair Witch Project:
I see a lot of people praising this movie. Take this nimrod for exampel

"it`s a horror masterpiece and one of the only genuinely scary films ever made, but people like you want action excitement and to be manipulated in the typical unsubtle way. This is a very subjective and minimal film and if you`re open to it, it`s very effective."

are you *beep* kidding me?!?!

I could have done better with a Camera, a Tripod, and my naked bare *** running circles in the forest painted up like Braveheart. You people are f*$$kcing idiots !!!

I hate these critics who think they have any taste or art criique on something so effortless..

It's like me going to an art show, *beep* on the canvas, and some douche with a glass of wine and wool sweater says "This exquisite array of yellow brings tones of sunshine and intellect in every drop"

NO YOU MORON I JUST ****** ON THE CANVAS!

Like the Blair witch creators ****** on your faces while you gave them money!

Masterpeice my ***... *beep*, you can't tell me after watching Night of the living Dead or Dracula that this is a *beep* horror masterpeice. Go die. I could make a better movie by filming a classroom of special needs kids.

You all got tricked into the biggest marketing scheme i've ever seen. Seriously, this movie had a $500,000 budget. on WHAT!? The camera, camping gear, and beef jerky would have ran them $1,000 tops. Wanna know where all that money went? You guessed it. Commercials. Marketing. Hype. Hype. Hype. and you nimrods bought it and passed it off as genius.

Morons. Go buy another Taylor swift CD, and watch American Idol now.
This guy needs anger management issues. I'd say something to him but I don't think I'd ever hear the end of it.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 am

What an idiot. $499,000 is gonna cover a worldwide marketing campaign that will apparently convince everyone it's a great movie (which, by the way, it is)? I have no problem over people not liking 'classic' movies (I'm not a huge fan of The Godfather, for instance), but flamers always irritate me.
~Ellery Queen

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:40 pm

go_leafs_nation wrote:In 12 days, it will be February 14th.
Also known as the worst day of the year.
I hate it.
It's an excuse for people who are sooooooo "in love" to make out on the stairs while you wait for them to move it.
Ugh.
The main problem I have with it is that everyone seems to gloat that they're in a relationship. Fair enough, for couples it's great, but for single people like myself it's "Being Single Awareness Day" and it can really get you down. I know that being single has it's advantages but nobody in this world would deny it's great meeting that special someone.

The sad thing is I'm 16 and have never been in a proper relationship before. It's going to be hard finding someone who can tolerate my love for Clue lol.

I'll probably just chill out and watch some of my favourite horror flicks that evening...by myself.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Adam106 wrote:
The sad thing is I'm 16 and have never been in a proper relationship before. It's going to be hard finding someone who can tolerate my love for Clue lol.
Your not alone, my friend. I've never been in a romantic relationship either. I do enjoy Valentines Day, and love giving cards to everyone. (Clue cards that is!)

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:17 pm

It doesn't really bother me. I'm not in a rush to get into a relationship with someone. After all, you want to find the right person. I can't stand Valentine's Day, though. You get asinine days at school such as "give random people a hug" day or "fill-out-this-questionnaire-we'll-hook-you-up-with-your-best-match-in-the-school-and-you-get-to-go-out-for-$10" day. It makes me want to chew my foot off.
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:50 pm

CluedoKid wrote:
Adam106 wrote:
Your not alone, my friend. I've never been in a romantic relationship either. I do enjoy Valentines Day, and love giving cards to everyone. (Clue cards that is!)
Same here. Part of me wants to get something for my guy friend on that day, though...what could I get him that hints at something beyond friendship but isn't hammer-over-the-head obvious? Obviously, roses would be out of the question (though another part of me wants to send roses to him anonymously as a secret admirer, but I'm worried he'd figure it out).

And by the way, go leafs...you don't have to worry about couples making out in the halls on Valentine's Day. This year, it falls on Sunday.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:54 pm

Valentine's Day is possibly the dumbest holliday ever. Do you really need a day to tell that special someone that you care? If so, they obviously don't care enough any other day.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:04 pm

I hate Valentine's Day. It's too mushy.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Generally I'm opposed to the holiday, and even though I have someone right now, I would probably go on ignoring it if it were not for the simple fact that it is also that special someone's birthday. So now it has to be extra special.

And not being in a relationship at 16 isn't bad. My first kiss was then, but I wasn't in a relationship until my senior year of high school, and since then I haven't been in anything too long term. I wouldn't worry about it though. Being single can suck, but you're also young and should enjoy that while it lasts.