Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:16 pm

I live near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Black wrote:Anywhere, I'm getting Hale Storms and Thunder Storms tomorrow.
I just got done with it! :P

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:43 pm

I went to the mall today and saw.......... REINVENTION. What scared me most was the fact that there was only one game, meaning other copies must have already been bought.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:14 pm

According to Facebook's Rocky Horror quiz, I'm Janet. Weird.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:24 pm

My skin used to be so pale, it freaked me out, but since it's been nice for the past few days, I have started spending more time outside. Even though I slather on sun lotion everytime I go out, my skin is slightly less pale than usual. Not much, but slightly.
Also, because it is boiling upstairs, I have decided that the basement will become my new home. 8)
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Hollywood's....remaking...Suspiria

I'm extremely nervous. Though, I suppose, if done right, this could work. The original, though one of my favorite movies of all time, didn't really give us much plot or character background. Though, the sets, music, and art direction are what made the film great.

Now, if the remake can retain the atmosphere of the original, while expanding on plot and character, I may just give this one a chance. Though, on the other hand...the simplistic plot did suit the original movie, which was in a sense, a dark fairytale.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:25 pm

I recently got the comic version of ATTWN. I enjoyed it immensely. However, Emily Brent looked like a 100 year old monkey. Vera looked like a man at times with her bulky jumpsuit.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:26 am

Ah, I injured my hands again. My father's keeping me off the computer for the rest of the week.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:28 pm

CluedoKid wrote:I recently got the comic version of ATTWN. I enjoyed it immensely. However, Emily Brent looked like a 100 year old monkey. Vera looked like a man at times with her bulky jumpsuit.
I thought that as well, and what's with the big wort on Armstrongs face.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:55 pm

CluedoKid wrote: I recently got the comic version of ATTWN. I enjoyed it immensely. However, Emily Brent looked like a 100 year old monkey. Vera looked like a man at times with her bulky jumpsuit.
It's on sale?!? :shock: And I call myself the ATTWN nut when I don't even keep up with these things!
At the same time, I'm kind of nervous because I briefly skimmed through some of the other comic adaptations of AC's novels. Death on the Nile was, I am sorry to say, a major disappointment for me (especially since it's my second favourite AC novel!). The passage of time is not very well done (something that's crucial when it comes to comics since they are a slightly different medium from books), nor was the animation. And the final scene at the end has a moment that is supposed to be romantic and tragic that is clumsily done in the comic.
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd was slightly better and did a much better job handling the novel's surprise ending. The best of the lot, however, is Murder on the Orient Express . My one complaint about all of them is how Poirot is drawn; when they describe him to have a head "round like an egg", they do not mean you draw an egg and give it a face. :lol:
In short, some are well done, others are not. I have two questions:
1) Does the comic adaptation include the flashbacks?
2) To avoid spoiling anyone...at the end, how do they do a certain scene that comes before another scene that comes before the solution, if you know what I mean?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:31 pm

My dissapointment with MOTOE was that Countess Andrenyi looked like a blond hair and freckled man. Oh and Mrs. Hubbard looked like transsexual Taiwanese hooker.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Transsexual Taiwanese hooker? Ew. That is disturbing to think about it.

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:51 pm

Something that really annoys me is people who list their favourite music as (for instance) Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift, David Archuleta, and then throw in The Beatles. I don't know how to explain why this bugs me, it just does.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:59 pm

I'm really not a huge fan of the Beatles. Their stuff is quite...fluffy. I do adore Eleanor Rigby though.

Depboy
Missing Person

Post by Depboy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:08 pm

CluedoKid wrote:I'm really not a huge fan of the Beatles. Their stuff is quite...fluffy. I do adore Eleanor Rigby though.
I have heard people describe the Beatles' music in many different ways over the course of my life, but I can honestly say that this is the first time I have ever heard the word "fluffy" used. Lennon and McCartney's music may be alot of things, but "fluffy" it ain't.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:03 pm

GGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I fucking hit my thumb against my dresser really really hard and it is bleeding because of my now broken fingernail..............

it hurts like *beep*! Still!

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:11 pm

I actually used to dislike the Beatles, but now I would consider them one of my favorite bands.

And MissScarlet, in regards to your post about people liking Demi Lovato and the Beatles, I imagine that is shaped by a few things.

First, it's possible that they grew up on Beatles songs because their parents listened to them. I know I grew up on Meat Loaf, an artist most people can't stand, but since my dad listened to it for as long as I can remember, I consider him a favorite.

It's also "cool" to like older bands now.

And, most importantly, they were actually good. It's possible that they just like some good music and some "bad" music. Pop is always changing, so people like Demi Lovato and David Archuleta won't stick around. Taylor Swift isn't awful, but she's a different genre. Country music (unfortunately) is forever.

kova
Detective

Post by kova » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:28 am

Well Buddy Holley is mixed in with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Fast food Orchestra, and Fishbone. And then add Joe Nichols and your head hurts. I can find one song/artist that I like even within a genre I hate - acoustic whiny bs so liking something that shouldn't be isn't that much of a stretch. That should be an interesting experiment. Go to Pandora. Type in say Taylor Swift and then type in the Beatles and see what it says your musical tastes are.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:52 am

kova wrote: acoustic whiny bs
My favorite.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:38 pm

It's slightly better :) if anyone really cares