Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm

So I ordered a very special movie off of Amazon a few weeks ago...and it finally came. Is it:
A) Twilight ,
B) The 3-D Hannah Montana concert movie, or
C) Desyat Negrityat ?

If you guessed C, DING DING DING!!!!!! :D
I am just too excited for words!!!!! I was like, "Breathe, Jane, breathe!" I'm a bit tired now, so I'll watch it tomorrow and see if the subtitles are truly as horrible as everyone says.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:55 pm

And if you guessed A or B...you are just sad.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Dаmn! I guessed "The 3-D Hannah Montana concert movie" 8)

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:43 pm

I joined a random group for fun (to give my sister a heart attack- it didn't work though :P ) on facebook. I got a rather disturbing message today from this group:
Greetings MENsa,
I have good news for all of the women in the group (and some of the less competent men); MENsa will be closing down. This probably doesn’t count as life altering news to many of you but I thought I’d inform you nonetheless. This group has been an educational experience to say the least. I learned here that no matter how low a price I put on a woman’s opinion, it can always be lower.
I also learned that women are atrocious debaters. Every time I thought we had turned a corner in the argument I had to go back and explain the same **** over again 10 minutes later. The female hippocampus is clearly as perforated as a medulla stricken with mad cow disease. It’s no wonder you so frequently forget to take your birth control.
To all the self righteous women who believed that participating in the discussions was some kind of lightning rod for female justice or “taking a stand� against misogyny, I’m sorry to rout your sycophantic delusions. Your poor arguments that were so laughably transparent had no effect on the opinions of any man, much less me. Even if you could sift out your overpowering emotions from your childish arguments I still wouldn’t respect you because you haven’t earned any respect in your entire lives. Sauntering through your miserable existence on cuteness and mindless philanthropy is no basis for respect.
Perhaps it is men who are at fault. Men who have conditioned women to believe that they are valuable members of society and that they can do anything they set their minds to. Fathers tell this to their daughters out of blind hope. Men with daughters want sons; in their stead they try to teach their daughters to be independent and worldly like men. This is a fallacy and any father will attest to this when his daughter proudly announces that she wants to major in art history or pediatrics or some such bullshit.
I know many of you women reading this will scoff at it and dismiss it as me being stupid or me being a jerk. Some of you may even pretend to pity me. However, I know that somewhere inside your exceedingly simplistic psyche there is a voice that tells you that what I’m saying is true. But instead of regarding this flow of information inquisitively (like men), you women will throw up your emotion based defenses and prepare for a fight. I don’t care; you will all come to your own ineptitude in your own way. I am simply tired of this stagnant and tedious dispute that women seem so desperate to muddle and toss to the wind. Some of you may write me back a hateful letter. Some of you might be frustrated that you’re so transparent that I know what you will do before you do it, and thus ignore me out of spite. Either way I don’t care. Your eagerness to prove yourselves to me is sickening. Control is power and women have none of either.
You are all but completely useless. I would rather furnish my house with female ottomans and coffee tables that use you idiots for anything involving two or more steps. I hope you all take this to heart (figuratively ladies, your heart is for transporting blood, not harboring emotions) though I know most of you won’t. You’re too proud, though I don’t know of what. You’ve never done anything more significant than glue sparkles to pinecones and call it a ‘craft’.
I weep for humanity.
Yours,
Chaelim

P.S. Apologize to your respective fathers for the anguish and disappointment you’ve caused them.
What a moron! :roll:
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:26 pm

I don't know which would make the message more disturbing: If it was actually written by a man, or if it was written by a woman pretending to be a man. :shock:

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:35 pm

I've just realised something funny. Rusty Nayler. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:26 pm

:shock:

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:01 pm

I just finished watching Desyat Negrityat on DVD...God, that movies it still good even with crappy subtitles! :lol:
Well, the subtitles weren't as bad as I expected them to be; they started out all right then got progressively bad as the movie went on. It was an occasional misspelling or grammer error here and there, but I didn't mind too much; it didn't distract me from the movie itself. What got REALLY annoying was when the subtitles weren't even on track with who was SPEAKING, which happened after about the fourth or fifth murder.

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:13 am

Wow...I'm looking at pictures of people in bands I like and you know what I've realized?

Craig Owens is really REALLY blonde...whoa....

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:30 pm

Jane Poirot wrote:
cacums wrote: I'm actually getting into Desperate Housewives...
Think it's crazy now? Just wait.
Haha, I love Lynette!

:( The episodes aren't on Youtube anymore :( :(

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Adam, I don't think Rusty's surname is meant to be eurotic, I think it's meant to be like a Rusty Nail

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:42 pm

I just lost all hope for mankind.
~Ellery Queen

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:43 pm

:lol:

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:44 pm

(No, not that. Something else. Facebook-related.)
~Ellery Queen

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:34 pm

I am going to see Spring Awakening on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:29 pm

Horrible news. I've been on the computer for far too often at a time, and now, my vision is completely messed up because of my eyes overfocusing. Not only am I getting new glasses, but from now on, time on the forums will be strictly limited.
~Ellery Queen

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:08 pm

go_leafs_nation wrote:Horrible news. I've been on the computer for far too often at a time, and now, my vision is completely messed up because of my eyes overfocusing. Not only am I getting new glasses, but from now on, time on the forums will be strictly limited.

:roll: You got me there for a second

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Really, I think he's serious :| :lol:

*If not, I am so stupid :lol: :lol:

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:10 pm

I thought so to.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Well, I think it's an April Fool's joke, but maybe not.