CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon May 24, 2010 2:16 pm

Happy Birthday MissScarletDidntDoIt! :)

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Michael wrote:
Niteshade007 wrote:I've moved to Orlando and started training at Disney. I ended up with The American Idol Experience, which honestly I'm pretty disappointed about. Yeah, it beats a parking lot, but I hate reality TV, and it's not as if this show has been great. This attraction probably won't even be there in 5 years. I really, really, really wanted Great Movie Ride, and thought I was going to get it. But whatever, I'll make the best of it. Also, apparently I work Sounds Dangerous too, although I can't remember the last time I was there and it was running. Also they are getting rid of it in September or so.

I love my apartment, it's one of the newest complex, and it's pretty nice. The rules to live here though are pretty strict. No guests past 1 in the morning. Ever. No one can spend the night. Ever. And, as we discovered too late, no putting tacks, nails, tape, that sticky stuff, etc. on the walls. They said we can use nails to put cork boards in. That's it. My roommate put tacks in before we heard that, and obviously it's too late to cover them up. I would just fill it up, but the walls are painted, so that wouldn't exactly work. So, since they do inspections, when they see that, we will each be charged an additional $25.

Staying positive, however. I've met a lot of great people, and my roommates are great. They're so excited about going the parks all the time. I'm just happy to have a job.
Sorry you didn't get the Great Movie Ride. At least you're in attactions, though, which seems like it's a lot better than transportation - or Food Service like I was stuck in. Sounds Dangerous is only good for getting out of the sun for awhile. I've never done American Idol. I'm hoping to go down in the next couple months and will probably check it out.
How are the roommates?
Well I had my first day of training for Idol. It's not bad, although a bit more work than I was expecting. Definitely not just ushering people into a theater. And I was wrong about Sounds Dangerous. It's not leaving in September, but it is closed for the summer. It'll reopen in September because Star Tours is being redone. They only open it when an attraction is down, and not on Star Wars Weekends.

Saw the Idol show for the first time today. Watched two shows, first time in the audience and second time in the control room. Very interesting. Idol is the only attraction where Operations and Entertainment work side by side, which apparently was thought to be impossible since the two groups don't normally get along. But the audition process uses both, and it seems to work out well.

The roommies are good. We go to the parks when we get off work and hang out, but we're also meeting new people and not just spending our time with each other. It's working out so far. We all want to extend our program, so it seems we'll be living with each other again as well.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:20 am

I have my English Lit exam today.:o Wish me luck.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Tue May 25, 2010 6:27 am

Well, I did it. Average, I guess. I don't get the results until August along with all my other exam results. Gah, I hope I do okay. :(

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue May 25, 2010 10:53 am

Congrats!

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks. :)

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Wed May 26, 2010 4:33 pm

God, I want to live in Florida, although if I moved there I would probably regret it.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Thu May 27, 2010 8:17 am

As time goes by, I sadly find myself contributing less and less valuably to this site. I don't have the creativity or the skill to come up with my own brilliant games, and those that I attempt seem to me so bad that I invariably scrap them midway. I find myself more inspired and intrigued these days by the Golden Age mysteries which seem to have inspired Cluedo.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu May 27, 2010 9:05 am

Why don't you try writing one of those?
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Thu May 27, 2010 10:38 am

I'm actually in the process of attempting one right now.
~Ellery Queen

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Thu May 27, 2010 4:13 pm

I'd like to attempt one someday, but right now I'm getting inspiration for this other story...if I tried to describe it, it would sound too formulaic; if I went into more detail, I'd be giving away magnificent spoilers I have planned out. It starts out as a typical story for its genre but ends on a big twist that would be unexpected for said genre. So yeah...

I'm torn between writing it and posting it on FictionPress, or actually saving it up for a publisher someday. I haven't really written it yet; I'm just outlining characters and plot details.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Thu May 27, 2010 10:18 pm

I'm off to Illinois once again, but this time I am bringing my laptop. I probably will only be on once a day (at night) and depending on the wireless connection at the hotel. So I most likely will check tonight before I go to bed but other than that, I'll be gone until Monday.

It's my neice's christening btw.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sat May 29, 2010 1:44 am

My fish just died. :(
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Sat May 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Dennis Hopper is dead!!! :shock:
~Ellery Queen

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Sun May 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Found the second clue on the AC forum at last! My goodness, it was evilly hard to spot. Its general location is obvious, but you can really easily miss it.
~Ellery Queen

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:15 am

I don't believe it! They've killed off Leon, and they're going to kill off Peggy as well! :shock:

EDIT: Never mind. Leon has not died.
Last edited by WarnerPlum on Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 am

I'm a little nervous. I'm in this big house and I've been locked into the lounge... Wait, that's not right. Actually, I'm nervous because I'm moving into a temporary apartment tonight. I'll be living there with two other guys I've never met.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:16 am

That is kinda scary!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:31 am

Well I moved in last night to my temporary apartment. I only got to meet one of the two guys who lives there now. He's very nice. Works two jobs and won't be around a lot. I like that! But OMG, the place is funky. Not funky in a hip cool way, but funky in a I almost fell over when I walked through the door way. I knew the place was messy from when I first viewed it. But it seems way worse now. And just smells rotten. I had to go out and buy an air freshener. This morning I started cleaning the bathroom. Just a little bit because I don't want the other guys to think I'm anal and a clean freak which I am clearly not and be offended. But seriously, I was scared to touch anything for fear of the festering disease that lurks on every surface. I think that I will slowly continue to clean in secret. :)

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:37 am

Ugh, that must be awful. I'm sure you'll think of something!