Current Thoughts

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:34 pm

I'll be off for vacation in a week, so don't think that I'm dead. Or maybe I will be, if the plane crashes.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:39 pm

I graduate Friday! Most of my work is done, I just have an exam that is two hours before I walk. I'm not that worried about it though. Not worried enough to study. Maybe I should be. I dunno. But I'm almost done with college! So ready for the next phase.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Congratulations Nightshade! I hope you do well for yourself. :)

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm back. :)

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:35 am

Yay! How was it? :)

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:42 am

Niteshade007 wrote:I graduate Friday! Most of my work is done, I just have an exam that is two hours before I walk. I'm not that worried about it though. Not worried enough to study. Maybe I should be. I dunno. But I'm almost done with college! So ready for the next phase.
An exam right before your ceremony? Odd, but okay... great! So you're going to do the Disney program after you graduate? Do you have plans following that? If not, you'll have to be careful not to become a Disney lifer... Unless, of course, that's what you want.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Anyone seen this?

A German high school project on the Titanic. It's very good if you can understand German, quite plenty of splendid artwork for the DOS equipment used. My only irk is they seem to think there was a bar on the ship! Was there? And the splitting wasn't actually depicted as such (well it was once). But it's good!
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Niteshade007

Post by Niteshade007 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Michael wrote:
Niteshade007 wrote:I graduate Friday! Most of my work is done, I just have an exam that is two hours before I walk. I'm not that worried about it though. Not worried enough to study. Maybe I should be. I dunno. But I'm almost done with college! So ready for the next phase.
An exam right before your ceremony? Odd, but okay... great! So you're going to do the Disney program after you graduate? Do you have plans following that? If not, you'll have to be careful not to become a Disney lifer... Unless, of course, that's what you want.
Yeah, I don't understand the logic behind it. It's a 3000 level class, so you would think they were would be aware of the fact that people would be taking that class and graduating. But it's fine. I have time.

I'm interested in other internships with the Disney. I've looked into it, and to get one with Pixar or ABC, you have to do the CP first. So hopefully that works out. I don't see myself working in the parks for life, but that's because I got Main Entrance Operations. That job forever would suck.

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:18 am

Good news! The Hollywood sign is SAVED!!!! :D

News article
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 pm

I didn't even know they were going to tear it down...

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:14 pm

It's practically a historic landmark; how could anyone think of tearing it down?!?
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Niteshade007

Post by Niteshade007 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:43 pm

Because you can't see it through all the smog anyway?

Actually, I'm glad the sign isn't being torn down. It is quite famous, and it's not as if L.A. needs anymore homes. That place is packed enough as it is.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:51 am

Archie comics is going to introduce it's first gay character. That sould be interesting.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:00 pm

Really? That's ironic--a couple years ago, this small community theatre company tried to put on a play about Archie but it was shut down because the story was about Archie coming out of the closet, and they didn't want an American icon portrayed as gay. I think they changed the names and put it on anyway.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:02 pm

It's not going to be Archie. It's going to be a new guy coming into it who Veronica develops a crush on, only to realise that he's gay.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Ontario's proposed revisions for sex ed have been dropped. Thank God!
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:06 pm

go_leafs_nation wrote:Ontario's proposed revisions for sex ed have been dropped. Thank God!
God wasn't the one who vetoed the sex-ed curriculum.

Dalton McGuinty caved to the pressure of the religious right who have a tendency to ignore the truth that kids are having sex. However, kids knows more about the body through word of mouth than given credit for. A life-long understanding of one's body may help better prepare kids for the real experience, or they may giggle and find it funny, but at least the system is giving a stronger effort to help kids get comfortable with themselves and the "naked" facts.

However, a group of 11 year olds learning about blowjobs and gay people would probably be more likely to crack a rib with laughter than to pay attention, but still, laughter is good. School needs to be funny sometimes.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 pm

What did I miss? What exactly is the story about the revisions of Sex Ed in Ontario?

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:46 pm

Still, when do kids get to be kids? Why start pushing the whole thing down their throat in grade 1? While we're at it, let's have them do 'it' in front of the teacher to make sure they've got the technique down.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:53 pm

go_leafs_nation wrote:Still, when do kids get to be kids? Why start pushing the whole thing down their throat in grade 1? While we're at it, let's have them do 'it' in front of the teacher to make sure they've got the technique down.

They will still be kids.

The curriculum stipulated that in grade 1, they would be learning about correct terminology for the penis and vagina. Something I knew already at that age. If you find something disagreeable about 6 year old kids being taught what a penis and vagina is, then you are taking quite a naive approach to this issue. You also are simplifying the capability of what a 6 year old can handle.