Dreams

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:51 pm

The Case of the Disappearing Water.... anyone want a go at writing THAT mystery? :lol:
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:08 pm

go_leafs_nation wrote:The Case of the Disappearing Water.... anyone want a go at writing THAT mystery? :lol:
A passage from the classic book by Angela Francino, Water Pool:
Angela Francino wrote:The thunder got louder. Soon Jane got so scared of electrocution she had to walk away. While Jane walked away from the pool to have a delicious lunch, something happened to the water........

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:26 pm

It was as though my eating lunch had something to do with the water disappearing. :shock:
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:55 pm

fendue wrote:A passage from the classic book by Angela Francino, Water Pool:
Angela Francino wrote:The thunder got louder. Soon Jane got so scared of electrocution she had to walk away. While Jane walked away from the pool to have a delicious lunch, something happened to the water........
Or, as Stephanie Meyer would write it:
Much to her chagrin, the thunder got louder. Soon Jane got so scared of electrocution she had to walk away. Much to her chagrin, while Jane walked away from the pool to have a delicious lunch, something happened to the deathly pale water........
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Just when I thought I put Annie Wilkes behind me...she comes back to haunt me in my dreams on my last night on vacation: She kidnapped my dad and I at this wedding and held us captive. I was able to escape by running out the door when she wasn't looking and I lived the rest of my life travelling with a caravan of acting gypsies.
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:38 pm

I had a series of crazy dreams last night, and here they are (in no particular order):
1. This teenage girl (a red-head) was hosting this party where her guests were staying for the weekend and she realized the school principal lived next door to her. The other girls were talking about what a weird coincedence it was...and then the girl and the principal announced they were engaged to be married but were waiting for when the girl was the age of consent.
2. I was living with the Solis' (as in, Gabrielle Solis and her family) in this huge house in the country when Carlos came along and announced we would no longer have to live there because we would be moving back to Wisteria Lane. Gaby got quite upset over this because she had enjoyed living out in the country...and then a burglar broke in...
3. I was out buying this Nancy Drew game which was rated N (in my dream, it was the equivilant of an M rating), which was one reason I couldn't buy it. The other? It cost $1113.49 :shock: Cheapskates!

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:41 pm

I forgot to ever mention this but a few weeks ago I actually had a dream about the forums! Which is weird, because I've been posting very little all summer... Anyways, there was a bunch of us members in the dream (we of course all looked like the people in our avatars) and two particular members had made a list of how much the members mattered and that some people would have to go. I woke up just after I began arguing that the person elected to leave shouldn't go...

It was weird. I hope you all don't think I'm super obsessed with the forum lol

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Back when I was at camp, I seem to recall my dreams quite vividly. There was one particular nightmare I had while I was there. It started out with voices -- talking through my earplugs. It was like generic murmurs in a room, but the voice distinctly said "Stay away...stay away..." During this period, I couldn't move my entire body, and I couldn't make the voices stop. Finally, I regained the power to turn over unto my side. It was then my heart soundly like it was beating at a very rapid pace. Suddenly, the beating stopped...or it sounded like it did.

Following that ghostly tremor was the nightmare itself. I wrote down specific details from it. I remember some of the little details so vividly...so clearly. I mean, I could actually draw out the cover of a vampire vinal record that turned up in the library in the dream. Any Canadians here remember Sharon, Lois and Bram, as well as Eric Nagler? This was the most memorable part of the nightmare. It was I eating lunch in the sparcely populated dining hall at camp.

I ask Lois what the time is. She looks up at the clock above the bathroom door and replies, "It's 1:09, dear." When I turn my head, I see Eric Nagler; headless. His head had detached and was bobbing in midair next to his body. I turn back to Lois and calmly say, "Did you see that?"

Lois doesn't reply.

A line of blood forms a ring around her neck and her head tumbles off.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Yikes. I've had really vivid nightmares before as well. There was one in particular that bothered me for a few days.

It was night time and I was with my brother, down the block from my house. He tells me to follow, and we start running towards it. My mother's standing on the porch, watching. Then, I suddenly see a red drop on my shirt. I find my eyes are bleeding and fall to my knees. The bleeding picks up, and my brother and mother disappear...and I just sit there scratching at my bleeding eyes on the sidewalk. It was awful.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Ouch. I hate anything gross involving eyes.

Suddenly, I remember a dream that was actually quite funny in one instance. The scenario was one akin to Friday the 13th with a psycho picking off group of people, myself among them. However at one point, I come across and old man and old lady going at it in a shed. I watch them, as suddenly, a young, well-hung hunk comes out from around the corner. The old lady pulls herself from the old man and says, "Will you excuse me for a moment, dear?" Then she and the hunk go around the corner of the shed as the old man and I look on shocked.

Later in the dream, I find the old man, old woman and well-hung hunk murdered among many others.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Eh

Post by Lord Caspen » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:46 pm

Does anyone here watch NYC Prep, on Bravo! ...?

So, there's this character on that show, called Jessie, and she's very direct with her friends, coming right out and asking tough questions the minute they occur to her.

In my dream earlier, I'm sitting in a block of first class airline seats, towards the front. The only other person in the cabin is this Jessie girl, sitting a ways away from me. She looks over at me suddenly, and, even in the dream I don't think we know each other, but she asks me a question.

Now, you should know there's this guy in my life named Nathan. He's a profoundly attractive man, and both my boyfriend and I have crushes on him. Anyway, this girl, Jessie, in my dream looks over at me, looks me in the eye, and asks me if I'm in love with Nathan.

I'm taken aback. I let the question sink in just a moment and then I say, "No." And she kind of rolls her eyes and mutters something unflattering and ignores me.

There was more dream, but that is all that I recall.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Last night, I dreamed I was on a bus, headed to some house in the country where my school holds retreats. Well, my classmates and I are bored, and somebody shouts out that we should play "Gay Chicken." I get roped into it with a member of the wrestling team...and things go awry. It was a suprisingly normal dream by my standards.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:01 pm

PeachFreak wrote:Last night, I dreamed I was on a bus, headed to some house in the country where my school holds retreats. Well, my classmates and I are bored, and somebody shouts out that we should play "Gay Chicken." I get roped into it with a member of the wrestling team...and things go awry. It was a suprisingly normal dream by my standards.
"Gay Chicken?"

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:02 pm

lip to lip or hand to thigh PeachFreak?

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:03 pm

I've been having weird dreams ever since I started watching Hook right before going to bed. Connection? :wink:
Any-hoo, last night's dreams were:
1) My family and I were on this road trip where we saw this beautiful sunset that was almost like a rainbow of colours. And then I suddenly said, "Good thing there isn't a Berenstain Bear's book called The Berenstain Bears and the Abortion !" :shock: The chapter books tackle more controversial issues than the books aimed at younger fans (there was even a book that touched on the subject of gun control), but I think that would be a bit of a stretch. I'm pretty sure THAT dream came from a comment I read somewhere since it sounds pretty familiar. It would probably be about Bear Country opening up an abortion clinic and Mama and Papa trying to explain it to Brother and Sister while each taking a different side and thus only confusing the cubs; meanwhile, Too-Tall gets his girlfriend knocked up and goes to Brother for money to pay for an abortion. Yeah, that's ONE way of ruining your favourite childhood characters.
2) I was part of some top-secret anti-bullying program where I had to go undercover in this class. I was given some sort of 'signal' and then this boy started pelting one kid with cigarettes. I stood up and lectured him on how he shouldn't harass people and threatened to call the police. His response was to turn me into a chicken.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:03 pm

I dreamt that I moved and my room I had to duck when walking around because the ceiling was really low... My parents went out to celebrate the first day of moving home and I had my best friend come over... I went up to me room to get a game (guess which)... When I came down my friend was lying face first in blood and this Michael Myers/Jason/Norman Bates/Henry Dunn looking guy was standing above him with a bloody straight razor... I raced upstairs and my door was too small for the door frame to close... he just shoved it open and slowly walked towards me... I broke the window (note, I'm on the second floor)... I tried to climb out but he grabbed me and then I wasn't in my prospective anymore... I was watching myself from the window as I grabbed at the window sill (kinda like Malcolm with the furnace)... I remember watching as flesh was being stripped off me and it was really gross... :(

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:10 pm

CluedoKid wrote:lip to lip or hand to thigh PeachFreak?
Tonsil Hockey

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Wait, I actually got the first dream from this (the comment that gave me the dream is a bit of a ways down and it's the one by "Grizz"):

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/12/the ... _books.php

The more I think about it, the more it sounds like it would make an...interesting...fanfic. Who wants to give it a shot?

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Jane Poirot wrote:
The more I think about it, the more it sounds like it would make an...interesting...fanfic. Who wants to give it a shot?
The Berenstain Bears and the Abortion wrote:"Oh, Papa Bear! I think I'm pregnant!" "Oh, no! Not another one! We already have 3 and we're running out of names for them!" Mama Bear said, "Maybe we should get an abortion?" Papa Bear replied: "Of course! Why didn't we thinkof that before!"

The parents explain to the kids what will happen.

Later.......

The Doctor said: "Okay, now say bye to your family and to your unborn fetus!" Mama Bear said bye.

The anesthesia came in, and she became very sleepy. Meanwhile, the rest of the family is at home and worried. "What if she dies?" says Sister Bear. Meanwhile, the doctor takes his nice, sharp knife and cuts into her belly. He takes out the cute little cub-fetus and puts it in a jar. (This will remind many readers of The Berenstain Bears and the Serial Killer.)

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:53 pm

Ew... :shock: