Dreams

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:27 pm

In my most recent dream, it turned out Stephanie Meyer and her fans knew her writing was terrible, but she wrote the books just for the money and her fans just went along with it to see if they could fool the world into believing it was any good. George W. Bush was quoted as saying "he was in on it, too". :?: :!: :?:
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 pm

Brilliant theory, if you ask me. I wouldn't be surprised if good ol' Dubya had something to do with it. :lol:
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Dream

Post by Lord Caspen » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:43 am

I dreamed this morning that I was in a mansion where some kind of photo shoot was going on with dozens of male models (I was not one of the models). The house was glorious with sunshine and the guys were smiling and horsing around and doing that model thing. One of the guys I know from RL, a crush who was involved in a somewhat tricky relationship tussle between me and my boyfriend. Anyway, in the dream this guy has apparently been working out -- in RL he has a good body but in this he had shaved off all traces of fat and had a pretty sweet tan to boot. But he was lying on his back on the floor next to this other guy, waiting for the shoot, and this other guy was teasing him and kind of playing with/fondling him and his six-pack and he, the crush, was giggling and squirming in response and I stalked out of the room.

I fully intended to just scream, but somehow my rage needed expression in different notes and keys and it came out as a kind of Tarzan yell, instead. I could, in my dream, see the reactions of the people in the rest of the house, who laughed at how silly it sounded and were astonished and wondered what could be up. Yet, I don't remember feeling embarrassed about that. Instead I was just sick that Daniel was enjoying himself with this other boy.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:03 pm

Last night, I dreamed I missed Halloween! :cry: I also dreamed a girl I created in Sims 2 committed suicide and her friends wanted me to go back in time and prevent the events leading up to her suicide (she had apparently been raped, but the plot twist was she may have lied about it because she was wearing a plaid nightshirt--don't ask), but I insisted on not doing it because it would create a time parodox.
Then I was in a bookstore and discovered hidden editions of Bearnstein Bears books that were really bizarre; one had Satan ducks with red eyes that were killed by vikings. :shock:
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:12 pm

Jane Poirot wrote: I was in a bookstore and discovered hidden editions of Bearnstein Bears books that were really bizarre; one had Satan ducks with red eyes that were killed by vikings. :shock:

:shock: :?:

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Yeah, it was weird. :shock:

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:48 am

Spoilers for Harper's Island Finale ahead

Once again, I dreamt about HI. The survivors as in Gasp (Meaning Danny and Trish was still alive) were huddled in the church, Trish was in her wedding dress, and she and Henry wanted to get married quickly. So everyone was seated, and as they said I do, Henry stabbed Trish. Everyone couldnt do anything in shock, including myself. Fortunately Henry was taunting and slowly doing it. Finally I snapped and jumped up, grabbed a folding chair and pushed Trish out of the way, I got cut few times, and I beat Henry with the chair. In the end, I defeated Henry, emerging with some deep cuts and a broken nose. Fortunately, I saved Trish, and everyone else.
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:53 am

I just woke up and I had a rather terrible dream. I dreamed that Lesley Ann Warren had passed away from dehydration. There was a Newsflash on IMDb and everything.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:00 am

CluedoKid wrote:I just woke up and I had a rather terrible dream. I dreamed that Lesley Ann Warren had passed away from dehydration. There was a Newsflash on IMDb and everything.
:cry:

But why dehydration :?:

Poirotfrmda818
Button Man

Post by Poirotfrmda818 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:41 pm

That's one weird dream.

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Last Night

Post by Lord Caspen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:10 pm

So this morning I dreamed that I was in this aging house with Michael Caine. He was wearing glasses and he was some kind of master illusionist. He was showing me around the place and talking about this and that and being friendly.

At some point I noticed that he'd taken off his glasses but he still had another pair on. I mean, these weren't really big glasses or anything, but they were gone and another pair was in their place. And then he does it again, in front of me -- a pair comes off and he's still got another pair on. We're walking, he's chatting, and he takes off his glasses and there's another pair on.

Finally I reach up and I take the pair off that he's wearing, because I can see the rims of another pair behind them. I take them off, there's the other pair. I do it again, and there's still another pair. I do it again -- he's got yet another pair!

A moment goes by. I reach for the glasses again, and this time he backs up and says, nicely but curtly, "Don't."

We walk on and now he's not talking much at all. He leaves me and I walk on and meet up with my boyfriend Mitch. Suddenly, Michael Caine is walking out of the wall -- some kind of spirit-thing, but still the man. And he starts chatting it up with Mitch, managing to ignore me more or less but politely. And then he mentions how this boy, this friend of Mitch's and mine, Nate, is helping him set up the show ... like his stage manager or some other important role like that.

That's all I remember.
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:04 am

I dreamed a few nights ago I was on this ski trip and this random girl died from Tampon Shock Syndrome (I know it's actually called TOXIC Shock Syndrome, but that's what it was called in my dream) and this one girl in my class was best friends with the girl who died and she went crazy and shrilly accused us all of killing her and was upset to the point where her being madly in love with her friend was the only explanation. Although it was kind of sad since the dying girl was really, really tired and felt like closing her eyes, but forced herself to keep her eyes awake long enough to take one last look at her friend's face because she didn't want to die not looking at her friend. Aww. :(
She (the friend of the deceased) proceeded to announce she was going to involve "all us sinners" in a Battle Royale; two of the teachers tried to sneak their way out of it and this one guy kept insisting the maggots were fake.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:11 am

Have any of you ever had a dream that you can't quite remember, but you know it made you incredibly happy? This morning I woke up unable to remember exactly what happened in my dream, but I know it made me very happy and calm. I was even smiling when I woke up. Am I alone in this experience?

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Next

Post by Lord Caspen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:25 am

No, Niteshade. I've had a similar experience. A tactic that is useful for remembering dreams starts with writing all your dreams down, and with keeping a journal anyway. To get a kickstart, you can put your pad and pencil by your bedside, drink a glass of water before going to bed and when you lie down say out loud to yourself, "I will remember at least one dream."

So far, I have experienced much greater dream retention.

Last night I dreamed of being in a movie theatre with my boyfriend and with our friend, Nate. In the course of the movie, I guess Nate gets really sleepy and content. He gradually leans a little closer and then just rests his head on my shoulder.

Thinking about it while awake, I can't help but think of it as cuddling, but it felt just shy of that in the dream itself. More intimate than before, but still holding something in reserve. It was just a very pleasant expression of trust and comfort from a man I admire.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:27 pm

I had a lucid dream. It actually felt more real than reality. :?:

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:36 pm

Does anyone else on here keep dreaming of waking up at least six times before waking up for real? Also, ever get that feeling as you're about to slip into unconciousness where you're floating and then you suddenly drop and wake up?

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

I've had the feeling of falling for sure, as if I'm tripping forward. It's usually just before I'm about to fall asleep.
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:55 pm

I haven't really been sleeping, I have this nightmare night after night, and I fear it may come true. I fear death and when I die (in my dream) it feels I wasted my life, and it scares the **** out of me.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:24 pm

Jane Poirot wrote:Also, ever get that feeling as you're about to slip into unconciousness where you're floating and then you suddenly drop and wake up?
Something like that. Quite often, when in bed, I get the feeling that I'm tripping over or falling suddenly.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Last night, I dreamed that I had to get into a swimming pool and start swimming (and I cannot swim to save my life). I got scared because the shallow end was 4 feet, and the deep end was 50 feet. I got out of the pool and had lunch (chocolate milk, a meat sandwich, lettuce, and french fries). When I was done eating, the pool had no water. :shock: