Guess Which Broadway Show I'm Seeing This Weekend...!

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Michael
Mastermind

Guess Which Broadway Show I'm Seeing This Weekend...!

Post by Michael » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:20 pm

A play called Deuce on Broadway. ...starring... ANGELA LANSBURY!

I'm a member of TheaterMania which sells tickets to shows for only $4.50 ($4.50!!). Occassionally a good one pops up and this was one of them. So I bought a couple for this Saturday.

If Angela's understudy has to go on for any reason, I'll be soooooooooo mad. I LOVE Angela Lansbury!
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

cluegirl104
"I NEED to watch the movie again!!"

Post by cluegirl104 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:43 am

lucky! i love her too!! have fun!! :D
Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless b!tch

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:46 am

Who doesn't love Angela?

I sent her a fan letter after Murder She Wrote went off the air and got an autographed thank you letter in return. How cool is that?!

I'm thinking about stalking her at the Stage Door after the show. I wonder if she'll sign autographs. I worry... She's getting a bit up there in years.

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:52 am

i don't know a sungle person who doesn't like her. or julie andrews-i love her too!! waiting outside the stage door is a good idea-meeting her would be way cool!! :D

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:54 am

I'm usually too shy to go up and meet them.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:58 am

That reminds me of a time I went to a Meet And Greet after a show in college. It was a very famous opera singer and a pianist? and I had worked the show as an usher. Afterwards, they sat at a table in the hall and signed programs etc. People were gushing over them and all. I figured, what the heck, I'll get my program signed. So I got in line. They were gracious to everyone and chatted (intelectually, I might add) for a few moments with everybody as they approached. But when I got there (and I didn't have a clue really who they were), all I could say was, "Uh, you were great." or some such nonsense. I felt like an idiot.

TheWhitePawn
Yeggman

Post by TheWhitePawn » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:02 am

I've never really seen Angela as an actor, but I love her voice work. It seems like she played a character in all my favorite animated movies. (Except for ANTZ... but Julie Andrews was in that... who I never see any work of either).
Was it Miss Scarlet with the Candlestick in the Ballroom? Yes... yes it was.

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:20 pm

Michael wrote:That reminds me of a time I went to a Meet And Greet after a show in college. It was a very famous opera singer and a pianist? and I had worked the show as an usher. Afterwards, they sat at a table in the hall and signed programs etc. People were gushing over them and all. I figured, what the heck, I'll get my program signed. So I got in line. They were gracious to everyone and chatted (intelectually, I might add) for a few moments with everybody as they approached. But when I got there (and I didn't have a clue really who they were), all I could say was, "Uh, you were great." or some such nonsense. I felt like an idiot.
that reminds me of when i was in jr high and i was at the filming of mighty ducks 3-i got in a fight w/ some guy who i thought was being an @ss (i found out later he was joking) and who was it but the dirrector! OMG-i felt so dumb!!

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:35 pm

TheWhitePawn wrote:I've never really seen Angela as an actor, but I love her voice work.
You should really see The Manchurian Candidate then (the original, obviously). Lansburry plays a horribly wicked woman, very different from her sweet, motherly roles. This time she plays a conniving, political ladder climbing b*tch, and does a great job with it.

My cousins got to meet Julie Andrews when she came to Tampa to sing for a Christmas show a couple of years ago (ok, I think five now). They have a picture with her and everything, and said she was just as gracious in person.

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:05 am

lucky cousin of urs!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:53 pm

Well I saw the play. It was good. The seats were sooooo bad, though. If you've never been to a broadway theater before, imagine a normal movie theater seat. Now imagine that seat space cut in half. That's what the theater was like. My knees were literally wedged against the seat in front of me. And I could barely squeeze into the seat. Granted, I'm not exactly a thin person, but come on...! I was so thankful that it was short with no intermission so I could extract myself and go home. But first, we waited by the Stage Door to wait for Angela Lansbury to come out. She took forever, but she was gracious and signed autographs and such. I didn't get one, because she didn't sign everybody's... I did get a good picture of her, though.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:51 pm

*cough* *gasp* *OMG* make sure you post PICTURES :P :P

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:22 am

i have been to plays and ballets and the seating usually sucks. the ordway (downtown st. paul) does have more roomy seats than some i hav been in. we are going to see stomp there in like 10 months! pretty excited for that!

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:49 pm

The Performing Arts Center (Tampa's Theater) has ok seating. When I went to see Mama Mia! though, it was very difficult to get in and out of because blind people were sitting in our row and had a dog with them, who slept on the floor throughout the show. It was the first time I had ever seen that, and I really think that they should have been more accommodating with the seating of those people. Perhaps seating them in the handicapped section so their dog would have more room, not making it so that people (most women in dresses and heels) having to step over the dog to get to their seats.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:16 pm

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:17 pm

I like how the billboard in the background has her name listed. It's the perfect caption. (Though a little hard to read in this condensed photo).

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:45 pm

that is too cool!!!

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:00 pm

I'm glad to see that someone liked the show. I kept hearing that it was no more than an evening of great acting with rotten material.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:36 pm

I wouldn't say it was rotten material... but it's not exactly riveting on the edge of your seat theatrics. Some parts seemed a little drawn out, but necessary to get the effect.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:05 pm

This Sunday I'm going to see Legally Blonde The Musical. I'm not just dying to see it, but I got $4.50 tickets again so I couldn't pass it up.

Bend... AND SNAP!