Favourite Villians

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:04 am

Quint. Yes. That guy was a lunatic. Ruining the radio. He deserved to be lunch.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:06 am

All the same, I can't help but feel sorry Robert Duvall didn't get that role. I think he'd have been amazing. Turned out great as it is, but a shame nonetheless.

And what is with the shark in Jaws 4? Plus, such an "original" ending to that film... pretty much a replay of Jaws' ending, minus the suspense and with a different weapon.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:08 am

That shark and Ellen Brody had some kind of weird psychic connection going on. Jaws 4 wasn't exactly the best of the series, to be kind to it.

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 pm

As you all know, I've been getting into anime and manga recently. And my latest obsession is Umineko No Naku Koro Ni . It presents one of the most well-written villains I have seen yet. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... The Golden Witch, Beatrice.

Otherwise known as "Beato", she is, as mentioned, one of the most well-written, fleshed-out villains I have ever seen, aside from Shego on Kim Possible (but her awesomeness is for another day :wink: ). Over the course of the series, she has evolved from a Joker-type villain, to a slightly less evil villain who still enjoys holding a certain power of life and death over the protagonist Battler (yeah, don't ask), to a somewhat childish adult who just wants to be appreciated, to something of a Tsundere (someone who acts like they don't care for their love interest when in fact they do) for Battler, back to the series' villain, then to somewhere in between, and finally to a fallen, tragic anti-hero.
From her first entrance on the series, I just knew she was going to be my favourite. I cannot do justice in describing it, other than it being...just plain awesome. She kept winning over my respect as the series went on. And when I checked out the Visual Novels upon which the series is based, I fell in love with her even more.
What I like about her is how she's a character you both love and hate. Like, she can be downright b*tchy sometimes I like seeing her being all high and mighty (for instance, after defeating her mentor in a battle made of Epic Win, she then proceeds to lift up her skirt and rub her foot in said mentor’s hat, gleefully telling her that if she wants to play again she’ll resurrect her before laughing evilly), but then there are times where part of me wants to smack her. In one episode, one of the other villains is being particularly horrifying, sadistically torturing Battler’s family, and Beato just cackles over it and asks Battler if he’s enjoying the sight. He responds by basically slapping her and telling her how disgusted he is by her. As much as I love her, it was immensely satisfying to see her get that slap. What was astounding was her reaction; it wasn’t that of a bloodthirsty, powerful witch, but of a little kid whose friends abandon them after getting a little rough during playtime (“Why doesn’t anyone want to play with me? Aren’t we having fun?�). It told me right off the bat there was more to this witch than meets the eye, that maybe she’s not as psychotic and evil as she first appears; maybe she’s really just a child in an adult’s body. We all know kids are little sadists. And her mentality is basically just that: An immature little kid who just doesn’t know any better. And at the same time, she does know.
I could go on and on about her all day, but I can’t without giving away anymore magnificent spoilers. Plain and simple, she is a total bad@ss villain made of Epic Win on so many levels. And even when she’s not being a bad@ss, she still makes you care for her, and you just want to give her a hug on the occasions she’s suffering (again, cannot reveal without spoiling).

To make up for being unable to gloat about her even more, here is a picture of Beato with the other witches:

Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Enough said.
~Ellery Queen

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:37 am

I surprised no one said John Wakefeild.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:08 am

If I was going to pick a Harper's Island favorite villian it wouldn't be Wakefield. I'd pick Henry.

Henry seemed more creative

*SPOILER ALERT*

Wakefield sliced someone in half
Henry tied someone to a boat propeller shaft

Wakefield hung and burnt someone
Henry rigged a shotgun to blow off someone's face

Wakefield smashed tea cups
Henry made the chandleir deliver a sharp tool into someone's scull

Wakefield stabbed someone
Henry harpooned someone and hid their body in a marsh

Henry hacked someone to bits and throw their limbs into the furnace

Henry decided to so some creative gardening (despite stabbing someone)

Henry dramatically murdered his fiance (despite stabbing her)

Wakefield caused Chloe to throw herself off a bridge because he stabbed her fiance in the neck.
Henry frazzled Booth's nerves enough that he was scared of everything and blew off his knee cap.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:47 pm

"I am a Hal 9000 computer."

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:15 pm

YES!

The movie Eagle Eye had a really bad ripoff of Hal called A.R.I.A. (who just so happened to be perfectly voiced, but the story was so ridiculous it didn't matter).
~Ellery Queen

jka12002
Snoop

Post by jka12002 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:44 pm

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:58 pm

~Ellery Queen

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:32 pm

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:02 pm

"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:23 am

Lmao, Darla Dimple. I've got to watch Cats Don't Dance.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:14 am

cacums wrote:Image
*He's not all bad.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:03 am

I just posted him cuz i was surprised no one else had

Jane Poirot
Femme Fatale

Post by Jane Poirot » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:08 am

One of my Christmas gifts was the first two season of Avatar: The Last Airbender (goodbye crappy internet quality!). Zuko is apparently the villain, but he's a bit like Beatrice in that he is evolving into less of a villain and more of a sympathetic character. He just wants daddy to love him, for crying out loud!
His sister, Azula, on the other hand? Fits the villain mold perfectly. I have only seen the first five episodes of the second season (I plan on watching each number of episodes available on the various disks each day), but so far she is rapidly becoming one of my favourite villains. Very much like Beatrice, she became my favourite from her very first entrance. I look forward to many days of bad@ssery ahead. 8)
Anyone who thinks Canadians are meek and mild-mannered has obviously never seen us during Question Period!

jka12002
Snoop

Post by jka12002 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:43 am

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:20 am

I haven't watched WWE in ages.

I don't think wrestlers count. One minuet, their Babyfaces and another time, their Heels.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:34 am

JP: I didn't think Azula came in until much later like towards the end of season three. As for Zuko, I agree, he was more of the sad boy who is ignored and wants Ang (sp) dead. Still didn't understand his reasons for wanting to kill Ang, but it was entertaining to watch him try, fail, try, fail, fall in love, fail, etc.