The Steamboat Massacre

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators:Michael, BBP, Tum

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:37 pm

Pardon Capitain, but my room isn't wheelchair accessible.

Jay Beeskow
"Apparently, I'm most like Wadsworth."

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:39 pm

It isn't? Could you elaborate?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:12 pm

*stands up to give a monologe* Da tragedy happened when I wus abo.....*falls down*

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:36 pm

*Shows no interest in helping the man up* I meant about your cabin not being wheelchair accessible. You see, all of our cabins here are wheelchair accessible. Could I have your name? I can give you directions to your cabin if you want.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:58 pm

*Still face down on the ground talking into the floor* Muff mffuffuffufufufumfuffffuffufflefle

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:15 pm

Right... Well according to my little clipboard, we only have one person in a wheelchair aboard, so you must be Mr. Dietrich. Your in 201, you'll want to go through the double doors over there, the ones between the two staircases. You'll then want to go down the hall until you reach another set of double doors, go through those. We have four elevators here on Josephine, two on the port side and two on the starboard side. You can take any of those down to Deck Two, our Cabin Deck. Once you reach the Cabin Deck you'll go down the hallway that should face you once you get off the elevator. At the end of the hallway is the door to your cabin. Um, good luck getting up. *Walks off, pretending he has somewhere to be*

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:05 am

"My my," Alexander Cinnamon said with a laugh, watching all these people rushing about, "They're all so crazy, aren't they?"

He walked over to the Professor and politely helped him back up, but managed to turn away from him before he could say a word.

Instead, Cinnamon walked down, surprised by Geraldine paying a dollar to acquire his coffee for him, and started to wonder.

He went to the nearest table and pulled out his tarot cards, seeing as how nobody was likely to be watching him. Instead, he simply turned up ten cards.

"What are we going to be in for tonight, eh?" Cinnamon asked. "The lovers. A terrible fight will break out. Ace of cups. Home of the true heart, but beware of poisoned brandy. Two of wands reversed, eh, breaking up of an alliance. Perhaps I should disembark this boat before it sails off. Two of cups, the marriage card. This has no place here. How queer. Justice . . . oh my!" Cinnamon picked up the card, and held it in front of him, "Justice has another name, revenge." Curious, he turned another card. "The three of swords! The heartbreak card. This is too much for me!"

Horrified, Alexander gathered up his cards, except for the three of swords, and put them back into their place. He ran, as quickly as he could, toward his room.

He forgot the three of swords, which shows a heart pierced by three daggers, in his haste to leave the room.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:18 am

Geraldine of course was outraged that Peter could lose site of her, and so long ago too!

"Peter! I'm surprised at you, what would your mother say if she knew her son was careless enough to lose sight of of her knitting buddy!" She feigned hurt, deep down inside she was mad that he had caught up to her, 'I'm 70 years old, i raised my son to respect women, and he goes and hires me a bloody baby sitter, I told Harold we should never of moved to the states."

Geraldine hmphed, grabbed 'Peter' by the ear and walked to the closest elevator

"I assume you managed to get my luggage on board?"
<.<;
;>.>

*hides crowbar*

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:21 am

Wincing, Peter would have prefered being hit with the purse over this considering he was fairly taller than Geraldine and this was pretty humiliating. Once again Peter found himself thinking of the Firing Squad who have to offer better company. Biting his tongue once more, Peter managed a low reply. "Yes, I've gotten it onboard."
Infact, it was sitting close by as he had to carry it around with him for fear of it being stolen, or for fear of Geraldine taking her wrath out on him for leaving them at the room. His single suicase was easy to carry, but he had no idea what a 70 year-old would be packing into her own luggage to make it seemingly weight a ton. The man forgot who he was speaking to for a moment and tried to pull the lady's hand off of his ear in a rare show of anger. "Let go if you want me to carry the luggage properly."

((I work 8 hour shifts at random intervals during the week. So please pardon any absences.))

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:54 am

Geraldine gasped and let go of the ear and narrowed her eyes as the doors closed on the elevator

"How dare you speak to me like that young man! Why, I have it in my mind to phone your mother!" Geraldine swings her purse at Alex's side, quite a few times until she tires out from the 'fight' and hmpfs as she turns away from him

"You treat me horribly, I shall tell my son to cut your sallery in half!" She pulled her handkercheif out and dabbed at invisible tears that were not even real
<.<;
;>.>

*hides crowbar*

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:08 am

*wheels up to the group*

Excuse me, refresh my mind on our current year? Are we still using these slow little steam boats?

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:29 am

"Actually the year is-" But the elevator door closed before the man could anwser the wheelchair-bound man's question.
The purse to the side didn't seem to have much affect on Peter as he merely pressed the floor button and then covered the ear closest to Geraldine with that same hand, and began trying to block the purse with the other. The suitcases were by his legs while he played the defensive and decided to finally voice his complaint. "I get paid insultingly small wages only for you treat me like a child, threaten me like a child, and then talk to me as if I am less than a child. You listen here, you bloody old battleaxe, I am not your whipping boy! I have rights, you tyrant!" The Russian Brit's voice rose a pitch and his accent became more apparent the longer he spoke in the tone. Ofcourse this would have been a noble and moving speech for his retaliation had he not been covering his ear and trying to block the purse.
Geraldine's next swing scored a hit on the side of Peter's head and started the one-sided purse fight all over again. It soon ended when the elevator doors opened and with Peter tripping over a suitcase and muttering something darkly to himself when he managed to catch himself on the doors' frame. He then grabbed the old woman by the arm and carried her out of the elevator, along with the suitcases, as if she were merely part of the luggage. He acted like it was a completely normal thing to do, despite the loud protests and the purse slapping at the side of his leg, as he smirked a bit and chided Geraldine. "You're drawing too much attention to yourself by acting so immature. Do you want everyone to think you're a crazy old coot with bad manners?"

((Say, what year is it exactly? I'm thinking it's the late 1940's with how some people are dressed.))

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:24 am

The date is November 18, 2004.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:45 am

Geraldine would have none of this treatment

"Unhand me you brute! You have no right to man handle me! Just wait until I tell my son about this!" She was furious, she had never been stood up to in quite a fashion as this, once the door to their 'suite' was opened and she was 'thrown' in she stumbled and regained her footing before glaring at Peter

"Young man, it's about bloody time you've shown some back bone. Howard was the only one that ever stood up to my attitude, thats why I married him. Now then, make yourself some hot cocoa or some mixed drink if you wish. Just remember, no smoking in the suite, we've got the balcony if you wish to smoke. I suppose I should appologize" The thankful look on Alexander's face made her chuckle "I said said 'should' I didn't say i would. Now, if you need me, I'll be unpacking my luggage" Geraldine lifted her suitcase without a single problem, the weight of the bag not phasing her one bit since she was used to the weight of luggage, namely her own.
<.<;
;>.>

*hides crowbar*

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:04 am

"I am just being silly, aren't I?" Alexander thought to himself as he sat in his room, surrounded by his crystals, spread around the room in a protective zone, as he relaxed sitting in a chair. From there, Alexander went back through his cards and sorted them out, noticing that the three of swords was gone. "Odd, I wonder where I put it."

So, Alexander went to his suitcase and removed, not his clothes, which were also there, but a stack of white, handwritten envelopes. Just about ten or so. Written on the envelopes was: From Alexander Cinnamon.

"Time to get going," Alexander said. He left his room.

Nervously, he returned to the table, where he noticed his missing card.

"There you are, welcome back to the pack," he said as he added the card back into the deck, and then he found the nearest staff.

"Could you please," he asked kindly, "Deliver these to the other passengers on the ship. And uh, if you'd like to keep one for yourself, I would not be opposed." With a wink, Alexander turned away, but decided to partake a bit of the buffet.

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:32 pm

"Now stay in there and behave yourself!" Peter said before closing the door and listening to what she said, opening the door to make a snarky comment before Geraldine mentioned apologizing. "For a moment there, I thought you were being civil. I'll be sure not to contact you." With that he closed the door again and put his suitcase in his own room, opening it only to get a pack of cigarettes from which he took one cigarette and sat the half-empty pack on the nightstand before leaving to go smoke it... away from Geraldine, a lighter in hand as he closed the door behind him and too his leave of that area.
"The nerve of that woman... Backbone indeed, you old bat." He muttered to himself, in Russian, around the cigarette as he lit it. Peter wasn't given to smoking, but Geraldine recently had driven him to it. That woman would be the death of him if he didn't end up getting to where he would drink or smoke himself to death first.

((I'm not using Cryllic because I can't read it very well, and I don't want to butcher the Russian language. That and the other players probably can't read it very well either.))

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:34 pm

*Barges in* Remember, smoking is only permitted on the outside decks... Preferably on your balcony... *Stands around for a moment, then leaves*

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:47 pm

((I thought I mentioned Peter went outside, to the decks. *laughs*))

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:49 pm

Just a friendly and official reminder!

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:55 pm

((Rather funny too with the standing about and promptly leaving action. :D))