The Steamboat Massacre

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jay Beeskow
"Apparently, I'm most like Wadsworth."

The Steamboat Massacre

Post by Jay Beeskow » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:22 pm

Let's get started:
Start by choosing a class, then create your character based upon the class chosen. Be sure to include a physical description of the person, and if you want, you can include a picture to help me in designing your character. I also strongly reccomend you choose a color for your character's text (not name) to differentiate between your character speaking and you, yourself speaking. Please send all of this information to me via private message! You can also request the role of the murderer if you want, and like my last rotten role playing game, Blood Money, it will be based on a first come, first served basis.
Murder most foul:
In this game the murder victim is a player and the murderer will be able to choose their victim once we have enough players playing. The murderer's duty in the game will not be to bump everyone else off, but to protect his/her identity as best as he/she can. The murderer is, however, allowed two kills per game. The initial kill will be the only one under investigation by the players. The second can be used if the murderer feels someone is getting too close to finding him/her out. The second murder will simply involve the said victim being "tossed overboard". So, no body, no investigation. "Items of Interest" (Items that somehow pertain to a player's goals) the victim had will be given randomly to different players, but none to the murderer. Why should that scoundrel get a reward?
Information:
You then will be given various pieces of information from me via Private Message. Such as: "You noticed INSERT PLAYER'S NAME HERE heading towards the murder location shortly before it occurred". Information differs between classes, and people I like get more... But the information given at the start of play will always be accurate.
Your Personal Effects:
You will also receive items, which may or may not become useful during play. Items are either given to the players at the start of play by me (Items given by me are determined by the player's class and character) or can be suggested by the player when they create their character. But you should come up with your own, it is your character afterall. Items can include evidence, things that can be used to bribe others (if the occasion occurs), personal effects, etcetera. Each player will have an inventory panel on the first page of the game's topic. This will list the items the character holds. Items such as evidence, or items you may request to be secret will only be listed as either "EVIDENCE" or "CONFIDENTIAL". Make sure you tell me when you want an item to be a bloody secret!
Object of Game and Player's Goals:
The object of the game is to discover and proove who the murderer is, this can be accomplished by either gaining information from others or collecting various pieces of evidence. Players will also have certain goals, which are usually not required to be met to win the game. Goals vary between classes, such as; an Investigator may need to collect all the evidence to win. Or someone else may need to learn a certain piece of information, or collect a certain object/s.
Stealing:
All players are able to steal items from other's inventories. Any item can be stolen, including evidence. Stealing can only be done when the person your stealing from is not online. Stealing, however, causes a point deduction. And if you steal evidence, the point deduction is more severe. If you want to steal you must send me a private message with the name of the character your stealing from and the item being stolen.
A points system is also included in the game. 100 points total are needed to be able to win. Points are accumulated by completing Optional Goals. Each player will have, about ten, optional goals that they will be able to choose between.
Winning the Game:
To win the game you must be able to prove whodunit? And with what? This can be done by collecting evidence and learning information. The easiest way to figure out the weapon used, is to actually find it. There is only one weapon in circulation, that is unless a player has one already in their inventory. If there is more than one weapon out there, you'll have to rely on information. Everyone knows something, but certain peoply may twist the facts, so you can't really rely on information alone. You'll almost always need evidence to be able to prove your accusation. When you think you know what happened, you'll have to send me a private message with your accusation. This private message must also contain either evidence or information to prove the accusation. And if you're relying on evidence, you'll have to hold it in your possesion when making the accusation. If you are wrong, you're not kicked out of the game, you'll just have to try again. But if you are right, you will then reveal the solution to your fellow passengers aboard Steamboat Josephine. Now the murderer's primary goal is to collect all the evidence, not solve the crime. So you can't just hand out evidence willy nilly. You could trade evidence for something else, or you could have the person that needs the evidence do a favor for you. Which means, have them complete one of your goals for you. Of course, I must be alerted of any "transactions" or favors done in the game.

Good luck and enjoy the game. I will be playing as Sam Metzger, Captain of the Steamboat Josephine. As always I'm not really playing in the game, I'm basically here as a figure of authority. But I might just hold a few pieces of information...

A deckplan of Steamboat Josephine can be found here, which may be helpful during your journey.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... beled4.jpg
Decks of Steamboat Josephine:
Deck One: "Bottom Deck" Off limits to passengers, houses the engines, freshwater tanks, crew areas, you know, things like that.
Deck Two: "Cabin Deck" 48 "Tourist Class" Cabins are available on this deck, as well as one First Class Suite (249). Cabins on this deck contain one bedroom with two beds, one bathroom, cable television, high speed internet access, a data port outlet, and a refrigerator. All cabins excluding 201, 202, and 203 have portholes.
Deck Three: "Promenade Deck" Forward of the paddlewheels, an enclosed promenade that wraps around the ship is accessible to all passengers. Aft of the paddlewheel the promenade is seperated into private, individual balconies for each of the cabins and deluxe suite 325. The Promenade Deck has 25 Tourist Class cabins and one First Class Deluxe Suite. The cabins forward of the paddlewheel have no balconies, but have stained glass windows for privacy from the promenade. The Tourist Class cabins have the same features as the ones on the Cabin Deck, but just with higher ceilings. The Deluxe Suite on this deck features Two seperate bedrooms, each with their own beds, bathrooms, cable televisions, and wardrobes. The Deluxe Suite also has it's own kitchen, dining room, living room (with large plasma screen television), office (with high speed internet access, data port, and whatever you might need if you brought a computer along), as well as a private promenade/balcony.
Deck Four: "Restaurant Deck" Houses our five-star restaurant, which on certain occasions will have a buffet. It seems that today, someone has reserved the private dining room, and requested that a buffet be prepared. The Restaurant Deck also has a lounge, which is primairly used for passengers to gather in before mealtimes. Steamboat Josephine also has a bar, which has a dance floor, as well as a stage for performances. It seems that this week we have the Manhattan Swing Orchestra performing.
Deck Five: "Private Deck" The private deck is only available to those First Class Passengers staying on it. It houses our finest suites, as well as two Deluxe suites (501 and 519). All suites on this deck have one bedroom containing two beds, a cable television, and two wardrobes. The Suites also have one bathroom, an office, and a sitting room. The two deluxe suites on this deck are no different than 325, except in interior design and the fact that 519 does not have a balcony.
Deck Six: "Bridge Deck" The bridge deck is off limits to all passengers. It houses Josephine's controls, the captain's quarters as well as the officer's quarters.
Deck Seven: "Observation Deck" The Observation Room and hall on this deck are available to all passengers. But, obviously the generating plant and storage rooms are off limits.

Player Classes:
Investigator: Working for the police and conducting a proper investigation. Usually knows much about the murder itself, but not much else.
Snoop: Attempting a covert investigation. The Snoop does not work for the police, and can be called a "guest" to the location.
Do-Nothing: Usually reluctant to engage in activities with the group. Apparently useless, but may hold some information. Do-nothings tend to either observe the activities of others, or simply, do nothing.
Socialite: Constantly chatting, knows much about the others, and may know helpful information about the murder. The socialite does, however, have a tendency to spread rumors and much of the information provided may or may not be true.
Staff: In some form these people worked at the location. May have worked for the victim, or even one of the other players. Staff members know the environment, as well as the people they may come in contact with in their work.
Crook: The Crook may or may not hold important information, but either way, this person is dishonest and will no doubt deceive you if the opportunity arises. Getting accurate information from this class can be difficult, and will often require you to do them a "favor".
Murderer: The murderer is behind the whole scheme and will stop at nothing to protect his/her identity.

Last edited by Jay Beeskow on Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 34 times in total.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:43 pm

Alexander Cinnamon is a fairly weak man, thin as a rake and four feet, five inches tall. He hides his white hair by a brown hat like Rusty Naylor's. The young man wears a brown sweater with white wavy stripes, and a mint-green scarf. Furthermore, he wears a pair of grey flannel pants, with a pathetic little black leather belt that has a small pouch on it where he keeps his tarot cards, and a gold watch on his arm. As always, Alexander has a bag of crystals which hang around his neck like a necklace.

Alexander is a socialite, and keeps a network with a great deal of people, mostly those who pay him a fairly decent sum to tell their futures. He is also considered a medium as well, who, very, very rarely, can attempt to speak with the souls of the dead. He does not do astrology, but he is quite adept at reading tea leaves.

He was born in England, and he is 30 years old. His family was poor, but he got quite lucky by making friends in school with a very wealthy man's son, Erick Frost. As they got older, Alexander's abilities frequently gave his friend a great deal of help as Erick himself tried to create his own wealth. Alex and Erick were heavily liberal, while Erick's wealthy father, Paul, was a strict conservative. Working practically as Erick's advisor, Alex helped him build a brilliant enterprise as a major book retailer. Naturally, even though he had no direct wealth of his own from the retail shop, he was always invited by Erick to meet the 'secret of my succeess.' Unfortunately, Erick fell in love with a girl, Alisha, whom Alex warned had the mark of Death upon her. Blinded by love, Erick did not believe Alex, and married her. Two months later, Alisha murdered Erick, another notch in her black-widow's belt.

Alexander got away from Alisha, who wanted him next but he had no money, and started psychic readings for Erick's wealthy friends. Now he is fairly commonly known all over London.

Jay Beeskow

Re: The Steamboat Massacre

Post by Jay Beeskow » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:40 pm

Jay Beeskow wrote:Also, I must ask that no one post here until I post the information panels for the players.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:29 pm

Sorry, but I'm leaving for vacation on Sunday, so I don't think I'll have time to play. Maybe next game.

Colonel Gray Poopond
Forensics Expert

Post by Colonel Gray Poopond » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:08 pm

At the request of Jay I will create a character.

Ms. Martha Sunshine

A reclusive widow. Dresses only in black and generally tries to remain inconspicuous. Self-relient. Confident. She was born in England to rich parents but moved to the United States at 20. Little is known about her personal life.
All you need is love!

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:35 pm

Geraldine sat at one of the several small dining tables onboard the Steamboat Josephine. The elderly woman sipped at her tall glass of iced sweet tea, she looked over the top of her reading glasses and sighed going back to reading the local Mississippi newspaper, being from Jackson, Mississippi herself, she flipped to the obituaries to see if anyone she knew had passed away, indeed a morbid past time for a woman her age. Growing bored with the newspaper she looked around and while no one was looking she folded it up and stretched her short arm out and plopped it on an empty table next to her and opened up her rather large 'purse'

"Now then, lets see here... oh! Splendid, I'll work on my knitting!" Her voice was rather easily reconizable to anyone that knew her, when she wanted to she could make her voice as authoratative as need be, which worked splendidly on her grandchildren, or as snide as possible, which she used often with her children's spouses. Digging around the purse she pulled out her knitting needles, three balls of yarn, and the half knitted scarf. Of course it had s tarted out as a sweater but some how no matter what she tried to make it always turned into a scarf, after a few seconds of preperation she again began to knitt.
<.<;
;>.>

*hides crowbar*

Jay Beeskow

Re: The Steamboat Massacre

Post by Jay Beeskow » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:03 pm

Jay Beeskow wrote:Start by choosing a class, then create your character based upon the class chosen. Be sure to include a physical description of the person, and if you want, you can include a picture to help me in designing your character. I also reccomend you choose a color for your character's text (not name), as well as a background for you character's picture on your information panel. Please send all of this information to me via private message.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:39 pm

*Prof. Dietrich wheels his wheelchair up to the crowd*

Guter Tag die Mitkühe,

Mein taliwacker schlägt im Wind, während ich keine Fliege habe.

Ahh yes this is a floatation transporter is very nice. as a prestiged phylisopher demand high respect while I'm on board. Also I would need recruitment of a personage to transport me wheelchair upstairs.

*wheels over to Geraldine*

Excuse me Frau Rutherford, I sense tiresome tenseness under dem mucular tissues. *takes off his double-glasses and stairs at her deeply*

You over dressed.....

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:57 pm

Hey wheels!
Ich glaube nicht, dass Sie irgendeine Rücksicht empfangen werden, bis Sie sich eine Fliege erhalten. Warum drehen Sie sich über zu einem Kleidungsgeschäft nicht, bevor wir verlassen?

Hello everyone, I'm your captain, Sam Metzger. I'd like to welcome you aboard Josephine, I hope you all enjoy your stay. If you haven't received your room keys yet, you can speak to one of our staff members here in the lobby. The ship will be leaving shore in thirty minutes. Until then, you can either head upstairs to our lounge, or enjoy the lovely buffet prepared for you in the restaurant neighboring the lounge. The buffet will be available until 8:00 tonight, so you have plenty of time to catch dinner.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:30 pm

Geraldine huffed up at what the German man had said to her. Glaring at him she calmly put her knitting needles back into her hand bag and slapped him across the face before turning her nose up and standing

"Hmph, the nerve of that man. Overdressed indeed, what would a German man know about travel on the Mississippi for an elderly woman I ask you" She spoke to noone in particular as she was the type of old woman that made it public when she was displeased. After the captain made his announcement she looked around for the stairs, finding them she smiled to herself and started up them. Shakey hand on the rail she made her way up the stairs in a slight hurry.

"Oh yoooo-whoooooo, cabin boy" Geraldine waved to one of the staff and inquired about her key for her 'stateroom'
<.<;
;>.>

*hides crowbar*

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:49 pm

*Instead of a cabin boy, Prof. Dietrich wheels aroudn the corner out of nowhere*

Pardon me dear frauline but I am not a man to get cross, I have known and studied your type, I find you slightly more zesty then my Nana's rotting skeleton.

*Pulls out his trade mark whip as if he was about to whip Miss Rutherford but instead chucks it aside and snaps one of his rubber gloves in distaste, then he pulls something out of his jacket pocket*

You seem like an intriguing candidate to join my religion of Smidginican. I am the founder and sole member of this highly dignified religion. On Wednesdays we must give a blood offering to the Burgundy Possum in the sky.

Before I depart....don't drink the coniac on board, I rank it only slightly higher than urine

*Makes and a chewing motion with his mouth and then wheels off one eye looking forward, and one eye looking backward and smirks as he thinks*

Wenn jener alte Sack von der Runzel ins Bett einträgt. ...........She wird den einen Ort entdecken, den ich nicht gelähmt bin.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:25 am

"Oh my," Alexander suddenly declared as he arrived into the room. He looked around him, watching with complete dismay as the German wheeled himself away. "Are you all right, Madame?" He asked to Geraldine, and he fondled his neck bag. "He does seem a bit off the trolley, doesn't he?"

Certain that the lady was now okay, Alexander walked down to the nearest staff and politely bowed.
"Morning, old chap, say, do you mind if I were to ask you to fetch a cup of coffee? Cream and sugar, if you please."

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:04 am

As the German wheeled off Geraldine had to grit her teeth which she really shouldn't be doing, her orthadontist had just got the dentures at the correct fitting. She jumped lightly at the sound of Alexander's voice

"Oh, yes, I'm just peachy. I'll have to request that my room be as far as humanly possible from that man's cabin." Geraldine twisted the handles of her purse in her wrinkled hands and held up the pamphlet the German gave her and scoffed,

"As if Geraldine Rutherford would be anything but Baptist!" She gave a hmph as she tore the pamphlet into tiny peices and tossed them in the closest trash bin. She turned to Alexander and nodded her head

"Thank you for your concern" With that she reaches inter her purse and pulls out a crisp dollar bill from her change purse and hands it to the staff member, "That should be more than enough to pay for this kind man's coffee." With a smile Geraldine looked into the buffet area and decided it best to just avoid the German as best as possible by going back down stairs to speak with the capitain about her room being far from the german's
<.<;
;>.>

*hides crowbar*

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:18 am

*Prof. Dietrich wheels back over to Geraldine and hands her a clearly torn up and half-assedly taped together pamphlet*

Ach Entschuldigt mich Frau Rutherford, I see you accedently dropped your pamphlet in the wastebasket. But with my keen eye *his eyes twist around under the double-layered glasses* I found it for you. I do so hope you take Smiginicism into consideration! Auf Wiedersehen!

*wheels away running over Alexander's toe*

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:39 am

Geraldine, um *looks at a clipboard*, it appears that wheels' cabin is on Deck Two, he has a small room in the bow. Yours is, um *looks at the clipboard again, flipping through a few pages* ah, your right here on Deck Three. Oh, and don't worry about the cognac, we don't have any to my knowledge. You can check with someone in the restaurant to see what exactly we have.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:49 pm

A deckplan of Steamboat Josephine is now available in the first post.

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:55 pm

She sighed in releif and smiled to the captain

"I'm sure the bank has already wired the company or who ever gets the money the check for the upgrade. If I don't find that boy soon I'll have to report to his mother." That said Geraldine gave a sweet smile only an old woman could pull off. She turned and and walked back up to the lounge on the second floor after retreiving the keys for her room and her 'assisstant' as her son called him, Alexander Peters, he was hired to make sure Geraldine wouldn't hurt herself after she fell and broke her ankle last year when a child knocked her over as she was climbing out of a city bus.

((i'll probably be back later tonight or maybe tomorrow afternoon, going to hang out with some friends))
<.<;
;>.>

*hides crowbar*

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:03 pm

Well, you enjoy the lounge, Geraldine, and be sure to ask about the cognac... I'll just stand idly here in the lobby in case anyone needs something.
I'm updating the inventory screens to include room keys. So nobody has to ask about them!

Das Jabberwock
Gumshoe

Post by Das Jabberwock » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:15 pm

((Thanks for leaving me an entry cue, Mouse. :3 ))
This wasn't the first time he had lost sight of her. But luckily she appeared to be well enough to hit Peter, or Alexander as he never was called, with the door as the man happened to be in what anyone would consider the wrong place at the wrong time. The Russian Brit bit his tongune to keep from saying anything the lady would report to his employeer, and exercised the paitence and charm he had to have worked on for years.
"There you are. I lost sight of you around noon-It's good to see you're alright atleast." He added with an half-hearted attempt at a slight smile. Ofcourse this attmept didn't last long when he recieved a sour look in return. 'Dealing with the old bat today may be like standing infront of a firing squad.' Peter thought silently to himself when the smile died from his face.
Last edited by Das Jabberwock on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:26 pm

*Hums "In the Navy" to himself*