Stupid Co-Worker/Classmate/etc. Thread

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Michael
Mastermind

Stupid Co-Worker/Classmate/etc. Thread

Post by Michael » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:16 pm

Do you have a stupid co-worker? Vent your frustrations here!

I work right alongside the most irritating woman on earth... Here's a senario:

I work in a corporate office. I get a call from one of our departments asking that we hold off sending payroll to Branch 1 and Branch 2 for five minutes so that they can send some material with it. Easy enough...

I relay this exact information to stupid co-worker.

Immediately after I tell stupid co-worker this, I hear stupid co-worker calling that department... "So you need me to hold payroll?"... "For how long?"... "Which offices?"...

UGGGHHHH... Why do I bother. Thank god it's Friday.
Last edited by Michael on Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:08 pm

Well, I don't have a job so no stupid co-workers, but I have plenty of stupid classmates. Can I use those?
"But look what happened to the cook!"

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:14 pm

alwaysPeacock wrote:Well, I don't have a job so no stupid co-workers, but I have plenty of stupid classmates. Can I use those?
Of course... I'll change the title.

alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out

Post by alwaysPeacock » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:22 pm

NOTICE: All names have been slightly altered to protect the stupid from any rocks you might want to hurl at them.

STUPID CLASS MATE/FRIEND: CASE #1

NAME: James

STUPID MOMENT: We're riding in a car one day and we drive by theis place that repairs boats. There are individual signs in the ground which read as "WE SERVICE ALL BOATS" when coming from one direction, and could be read backwards from our direction. Anyway, James reads the signs in reverse order (and out loud), laughs, and says, "Someone put their signs in backwards. It says 'BOATS SERVICE ALL WE.' It should say 'WE SERVICE ALL--' Oh..."

CASE #2 will be presented later.
"But look what happened to the cook!"

NTD Mouse
Slueth

Post by NTD Mouse » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:17 pm

I try not to pay much attention to Co-workers at all, i'm not that social at work, I just do what i'm told without question from the manager. But school is a different subject entirely... Let me remind you I'm a High School Senior...12th grade. Now you think "Oh, 18 year olds should be pretty mature" you have no idea how wrong you are. Theres one kid that found a mouse trap, now luckily it was clean since it was used for a project, and he carried it around and would pop people with the flap, especially girls on their rears. Theres one girl that one minute she's bouncing around laughing her head off all giddy then she's all "*cold stare* Don't F- with me" like friday she had gotten tickets to go see some band.... like springteen or something like that, so she'd bounce around and gloat about it. Then I poked her and said "shush you, I've got a headache," she started shouting at me for touching her arm.

There's also a really, really stupid boy that i used to hang out with until he tried to light my face on fire... The Scenario was:

Rob, Mike, Vernon, Ty, and me were over at Mike's house, Me and Rob are the only seniors. Well I was the last to get there, so I park out of the way of the drive way so Mike's parents can come and go as they please. When I come inside Vern has his usual shirt off and has it wrapped around his head like a turban and just wearing a tight muscle shirt (<3) with a Zippo and a small bottle of lighter fluid, Rob runs around the corner with his own Zippo in hand, cig between lips (the most disgusting thing ever, bleck), and a can of hairspray or maybe it was bug spray. I'm walking to mike's room to put my stuff down and I can already smell that they've been their usual pyromaniac selves... when the next thing i know Rob opens his lighter, flicks it on, and starts spraying the hairspray right at my face. Naturally I shreik cause its coming right at me, and I drop to the floor, my bag to my side, eyes watering due to the heat of the flame, so my contact falls out thanks to the watering eyes, and he's laughing his freakin a- off at me. I stand up take the zippo from him, now mind you I get really ticked off at people when they do stupid things so it took all the inner strength i had not to snatch the hairspray to and light his crotch on fire, i start cussing him out for being so stupid, then I start cussing Vernon and Mike out for trying to calm me down, then I start yelling at Ty for letting his older brother be so stupid.

I dont like stupid people.... :x
<.<;
;>.>

*hides crowbar*

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:35 pm

Thank God it's Friday.

Okay... for those of you who don't know - which should be everybody because I'm sure I've never mentioned it - I handle purchasing for about 17 of our real estate offices in New York City. [Don't envy my exciting day job...] I order for the whole company except for our training office. They've recently started doing their own purchasing because Irritating Co-Worker blamed me for her own stupidity. She never placed her order requests by deadline and was always late getting essential supplies for the office. Totally her own fault, but of course, she somehow convinced the Training Director that she'd done nothing wrong and I was always holding up her orders. Ooooh, that just makes me mad! But now Irritating Co-worker is responsible for placing her own orders which she still manages to *beep* up. At least that gives me some satisfaction.

ANYWAY... Here's an email conversation that occurred today that just gets under my skin because, first, the girl is a moron who can't follow the simplest of instructions WHICH I'VE GONE OVER WITH HER BEFORE AND TWICE NOW and, second, I gave in to her much too easily. But I guess it's so much easier just to do it myself.

---

Hey Mike

[Training Director] wanted me to ask you how much 3-hole paper do you usally order and what is usually the cost of the 3-whole paper?

Thank you so much

[Irritating Co-worker]

---

Well, they come in 500 sheet reams. So multiply the number of pages in your binder by how many binders you need, then divide by 500 and that'll give you the number of reams to order. Just be sure to add a couple extra just in case of problems. It costs $2.56 per ream.

---

Hy Mike

[Training Director] would like to know how much everything is in total. He would like you to give him an estimate of what you usually pay in all for the 3-hole punch paper.

Thank you
[Irritating Co-worker]

---

I haven't bought it in months. And our records are not that specific to be able to pinpoint the cost of just hole punch paper.

If you tell me how many binders you make a month and how many sheets are in them, I can do the calculations for you...

---

k. 80 binders a month and 86 pages in one binder.

Thanks

[Irritating Co-worker]

---

35.84/month or $330.08/yr.
Last edited by Michael on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:36 pm

Why was that so hard???

Maybe I'm just irritated. In a few minutes, I'm leaving for my umpteenth dentist visit this month...

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:30 pm

Oh, it gets better... now, after my dental appointment (ugh) and the fact that I sent her this information three hours ago, I get another email cc-ed to everybody under the sun:

---

Hey Mike

Were you able to come up with the calulation? It's 80 binders a month and 86 pages in each binder. When you come up with the calculation can you forward the calculation to both [Training Director] and [Marketing Director].

Thank you so much
[Irritating Co-worker]

---

MAN I HATE THIS PERSON.

cluegirl104
"I NEED to watch the movie again!!"

Post by cluegirl104 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:28 pm

i have such a terrible co-worker who can't get anything right! her mistakes directly affect my job and also p*ss alot of patients off! we all call her cupcake and talk about how much she drives us nuts!! she is awful! i feel you completely!!
Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless b!tch

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:49 pm

I have a stupid customer story.

I work in an ice cream shop. The name of the place is Cold Stone. A customer actually asked if we had a machine that kept the stone hot. I was like "I'm sorry, what?"

"You know, all the condensation on there, is there a machine that keeps it hot?"

I was stunned. How could anyone be so stupid? How?

And then, my favorite, idiots who want waffle cones. Today, one went like this:

Man: I want chocolate ice cream in a waffle bowl.
Me: Ok, sir, what size would you like that?
Man: Just in a waffle bowl.
Me: Sir, all these sizes fit in our waffle bowl. Which one would you like?
Man: Just a waffle bowl with chocolate ice cream.
Me: WHAT SIZE?
Man: I don't know, I just want a waffle bowl.

I was ready to kill him.

And the other day, I was cleaning the glass in front of the ice cream. The second i took the paper towl away, some kid comes over and puts BOTH hands on the glass. I felt like saying "Touching the glass doesn't do anything fatty!" But I restrained.

ClueGamer
Gumshoe

Post by ClueGamer » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:55 pm

"Touching the glass doesn't do anything fatty!"
That is really Funny..I know it's annoying, but funny.. :D

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:24 pm

I LOVE Cold Stone! Do you get free ice cream?

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:39 pm

Yeah, every shift we get free ice cream, but I rarely take it. I don't want to be like the fat kid rushing the glass :lol: But I did take some tonight. I made Cookie Doughn't You Want Some?

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:31 am

i love cold stone too!!!! that cheesecake ice ream,..to die for!

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:11 pm

Two years now, Stupid Co-Worker and I have worked with unfortunate co-worker, Quetcy (pronounced Ket-see). For TWO YEARS Stupid Co-Worker has called her Hurt-see. UGH, everytime I hear that, I just want to punch her in the face. Oftentimes when I hear her say Hurt-see, I'll correct her - Ket-see - to which she ALWAYS repeats Kurt-see. AHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:21 pm

Here's one where *I* was the stupid neighbor. Back in the dorms my freshman year of college, I lived a few doors down from two seniors named Ben and somebody I don't remember, let's call him Jim. Ben and Jim were pretty nice guys. A little weird. A little high on Jesus. But I often ate lunch or dinner with them and they were forever inviting me to their Friday night youth group. (Off topic, why would they do that on a Friday night???) Anyway, second semester rolls around and I pop over to their room for something (don't remember why). They had other friends over and when I called Ben by name, one of the friends asked why I was calling him Ben. Turns out, I had Ben and Jim's names mixed up and they thought it was too awkward to correct me, so they let me call them by the wrong names ALL SEMESTER! I was so embarrassed! Thank God they graduated that year and I didn't have to face them much longer.

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:00 pm

that happens ALL the time with me and my friend Rachel! we have been stuck together like glue since 8th grade! it was to the piont where everyone called either of us KELLLIRACHEL! all one word! it was so annoying but it became regular! it still happens to this day! :D :D :D :D

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:41 pm

well,..an end has been put to the annoying days of "cupcake"! she has recieved a job at another clinic and is happily leaving! we are happily going to watch her go! a few friends are planning on celebrating her last day (w/o her of course), does that seem wrong?! in any case i could not have had a bigger grin on my face!! :D :D :D

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:56 am

Our office seems to constantly be getting menus dropped off by the ever changing restaurants in the nearby area (think - Park Avenue in NYC area). Anyway, we get one today and my stupid co-worker is perusing it. "Hawaiian Special? What does that have to do with sushi?" she says.

My curiosity piqued, I think, "M'mmmm - Hawaiian/Japanese Fusion food!"

But when I look at the menu, it says, "Hanami Special". The restaurant's name is "Hanami". Nothing whatsoever to do with Hawaii.

MrBoddy2003
Investigator

Blonde

Post by MrBoddy2003 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:38 pm

Would This Co-Worker Be BLONDE???
Frankly, Scarlett, I Think You're A Tramp!!!!