Mancini Express Clue

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Which version of Snipsville Clue would you like to see?

Standard Edition
23%
Expanded Edition
77%

Total votes: 13

Jay Beeskow
"Apparently, I'm most like Wadsworth."

Post by Jay Beeskow » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:12 pm

hey thanks!! that's nice of you to say

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:55 pm

Ben Motierre lives a life of regular excitement. He can only find the solitude of rest in his isolated Cook Island home off the shores of Connecticut. He works his days for the government, a captain of the Navy and a man of espionage. His adventures send him around the world in pursuit of knowledge, new discoveries, and often chasing down other people’s enemies. He’s come home this time to find a group of five people waiting at the terrace of his house. Three of them are some of the highest-ranking US military officials that are themselves kept top-secrets. The remaining two are both women of high society, connected to some of the most well-known men of the times.
Together, they make an odd group that equally have no understanding of why they’ve been invited here. It appears the three government officers were fooled into coming here by what they’ve discovered to be forged correspondence papers from the US military. The two socialites had been invited by apparent forged documents as well- letters claimed to be from people they knew who were hosting some sort of get-together. Now Ben, the homeowner, has been made the host of this gathering by them. He can’t explain why all these people would be sent here to his house in such elaborate, deceitful measures; but he has an inkling to what in may involve.
To help distract them while he tries to figure it out, he suggests keeping them entertained by playing a game. He throws out different tokens of his adventures as well as few odd items of his house. “Here, these are weapons.� He throws a cake on the floor. “Somebody smashed this cake, and they used one of these weapons to do it. I propose we take it among ourselves to work together, and against each other, to determine three essential questions. Who did it? With what? And Where?

Suspects

Brooke Simmons takes on the role of Mrs. White. She is probably the most un-ordinary of all the group that's arrived. "I just turned eleven. I was born on October 14th, 12:24 pm, at lunchtime."
Despite her stature, this little girl seems to be more of a figure than you'd think. As it seems, those government officials are following her, and she is addressed as 'General'.

Pvt. Twinkletoes as Professor Plum. Joe Phelan seems to have the rank of 'Private' in the US military. His nickname 'Twinkletoes' seems to carry with him though. In manner, he seems to be semi-cultured and rather well-read. A more bookish, smart-alecky individual; his usual assignments to his post are coffee and lunch runs for Unit 323.

Aurek McGrath as Colonel Mustard. Aurek is Chief of Police in Crystal Springs. But it seems to be noticed, in coming here, he's given himself away as also being a Colonel in the US military. He seems to seek Brooke for every answer to his every question. While he seems to be the active leader of Unit 323, Brooke seems his superior.

Leanne Phillips comes as Mrs. Peacock. She is the lady of Herb Phillips, the famous 'empire builder' of New York. While he has amassed great fortune and entertains himself by being a big show off, Leanne is often left in the hollowed halls of home. For the high social standing she attained, she is much an isolated figure. In the public eye, they never go out together, and Leanne maintains her legend as the empire builder's true care and only inspiration.

Michelle Saxby is a young high school girl, she takes on the role as Miss Scarlet, and is the daughter of popular and long-running mayor of Crystal Springs, Armand Saxby. People always look at Michelle as really quiet and uninteresting. She herself feels unconnected to people and is rather shy around them. Yet in her, is the strong, tenderhearted spirit of some tomboy adventurer; only bound by the deep sensitivity she carries within herself.

Ben Motierre has worked his way from the bottom-up of the US military. He plays as Mr. Green, and started out in life as a Manhattan messenger, his wit and wily will have carried him to the rank of a Naval Captain, as well as the key expeditioner for the US government. On the side, he's also contracted to carry out the more low-key details assigned to him by the governement, as well as a mysterious 'Number 2' who seems to work for private interests. Ben has built a home here on Cook Island to keep away from the world he so often has to explore the underside of, and now, he's got these five people at his doorstep with forged invitations. He's hosting the party, and he's also trying to figure out who sent the invitations and why they'd leave that door open to him.

Weapons

Revolver Ben pulled from underneath his pillow.

Lead Pipe was lying out on the staircase to the cellar.

Candlestick sat atop the fireplace in the Lounge.

Knife a souvenier from South America.

Rope Ben gathered up from the bollard at the pier.

Wrench from the toolbox in the basement.

Rooms
Hall
Lounge
Dining Room
Kitchen
Study
Library
Conservatory
Billiard Room
Ball Room

This was actually pretty fun to come up with, and is my favorite so far by all the games I've come up with. The story actually fits right into an area of a novel I'm writing and explains one of those moments, "What happened before that part?"
So it relatively explains an area of the story that is left rather vague. And also, I found the ability to cast a wide variety of characters that, to me, fit the origianl characters pretty well. Except Mrs. White, that's a big switch.
I'm liking this, could be fun!

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:29 pm

Meet the Team:
These images will give you an idea for the characters in play as the classic Clue suspects. These will not be the final images for the game, as I'd like to play heavily on the movie for the character's outfits and poses.

Brooke
Pvt. Twinkletoes
Aurek
Leanne
Michelle
Ben

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Detective Notes;
(still in progress)

Suspect Cards;
(still in progress)
Last edited by Jay Beeskow on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:32 pm

All are beautifully drawn, but Mrs. White doesn't fit with the rest, and it stands out quite blatantly.

If you somehow made her fit in with the movie look, she'd work better. I do like the men; a lot and I think if Mrs. White can somehow come across as one of the group then you'd have a spot on suspect set!

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:40 pm

I understand, she definately stands out and totally clashes with the rest of the group's look and overall mood. Kind of done purposely for humor. But, I may try something else with her, have a few ideas, but her wardrobe is very set and not likely to change.
I'll work on it though!! All may need some tweaking before I'm done.

But, hey, thanks for the input!

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Okay, there's a new picture that seems to bring Brooke more to the established mood. But she really doesn't look like Mrs. White...
I may want to perhaps remove the original suspect names from the formatting. Not sure.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:30 am

Jay Beeskow wrote: But she really doesn't look like Mrs. White...
Neither do. Other than that, they both stand alone as nicely done illustrations.
Jay Beeskow wrote: I may want to perhaps remove the original suspect names from the formatting. Not sure.
Hmmmm, while I like the suspect names, it would somewhat make sense considering the names don't appear on the notepads.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Thu May 27, 2010 3:38 pm

what the heck's wrong with me
I saw an old logo for Monopoly and here we go again, I've been re-inspired to make another Monopoly game.
I don't know how many times, I try to start and make a Clue game, but then I get sidetracked with this Monopoly stuff!
Someday, I will finish a Clue game, I'm starting to think that I'll need Brooke to work on it in conjunction.
But for now, I'll be back to Monopoly. I guess that's how I'll spend this summer, since I just finished the book, I guess I'm back to board games.
But I don't know.
Does a website about Clue care much for Monopoly games?
In addition, I've checked, this will be my fourth 'Monopoly' whereas I've only made two 'Clue's, plus a game of 'Risk' to give a toss as well, two versions of 'Guess Who?'
Monopoly surely is the king of the parody game, as it's so accomodating to switching the themes.