Mancini Express Clue

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Which version of Snipsville Clue would you like to see?

Standard Edition
23%
Expanded Edition
77%

Total votes: 13

Jay Beeskow
"Apparently, I'm most like Wadsworth."

Mancini Express Clue

Post by Jay Beeskow » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:40 pm

I've gotten started again on my next Clue game. It will be set in the year 2023, and, as my Clue games have always been, this will be a spin off of the "Snipsville timeline".

Suspects will include:
Jonathon Sweet as Mr. Green
Adam Wickness as Colonel Mustard
Rick Schairer as Professor Plum
Leslie McGrath as Miss Scarlet
Barbara Brown as Mrs. Peacock
Elsa Glover as Mrs. White

Now, this is where the poll comes into play, I would like to hear your opinion. Which version of the game would you prefer I make? A standard edition of the game, or an expanded edition, similar to Master Detective? The expanded edition would probably include about 10 suspects, the 8 weapons from Master Detective, and 15 rooms.
Last edited by Jay Beeskow on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:51 pm

how about another standard edition. Hopefully Miss McGrath will be younger and prettier than the aged Hermannas Scarlet. Hermann was a very inappropriate choice :wink:

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:02 pm

Pictured below is Leslie Phillips. In 2005 she is 27 years old, a surgeon, and Herb Phillips' granddaughter/Phil and Kate Phillips' daughter. In 2010 she married the grandson of Dr. Robert McGrath/son of Bill and Laura McGrath. In 2023, she will be in her forties, but she won't look much different at all.

Last edited by Jay Beeskow on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:19 pm

Oh not bad, hopefully she will be decked out in proper red.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:29 pm

I can't say at this point. Maybe. Her outfit will be either red, black, or the green/blue dress that Mary wore in the previous game.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:03 am

Oh god not the green dress. It dosnt look good on scarlet! Trust me! i can picture black though....

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:27 am

Do Rose, Brunette, Grey, & Peach! Clue MD, my passion.

cluegirl104
"I NEED to watch the movie again!!"

Post by cluegirl104 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:48 am

Cluedokid25 wrote:Oh god not the green dress. It dosnt look good on scarlet! Trust me! i can picture black though....
black with red,..like an asian print!
i think that would be nice!
Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless b!tch

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:00 pm

Add a touch of gold, and you've got something fabulous!

cluegirl104
"I NEED to watch the movie again!!"

Post by cluegirl104 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:16 pm

i love it!!
floral and VERY shiny!!!
and,...don't make plum look like an old pervert please!!
Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless b!tch

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:43 pm

Well, if I do end up making the expanded edition (which I probably will) the suspects will be:

Jonathon Sweet as Mr. Green (A 56 year old who founded, owns, and operates Sweet Industries. Making him the wealthiest and most powerful man in the world)

Adam Wickness as Colonel Mustard (A 43 year old english teacher who teaches at the same school Dennis Brown did, before he became a playboy in 1993)

Rick Schairer as Professor Plum (A 69 year old history teacher. He also taught at the same school Brown did)

Leslie McGrath as Miss Scarlet (At the age of 45 she stands as Snipsville's best doctor. She is also the granddaughter of the second wealthiest man in the world, Herb Phillips)

Barbara Brown as Mrs. Peacock (Dennis Brown's 67 year old ex-wife. She divorced him in 1990 after she discovered why he was able to afford a ticket for one of the Dynasty's most luxurious suites)

Elsa Glover as Mrs. White (A grouchy 52 year old english teacher who taught in the classroom next to Mr. Brown's)

Miles Brown as Monisieur Brunette (Dennis Brown's 34 year old son. Brown barely knew his son, because his wife won full custody in the divorce. In a desperate attempt to get back at Barbara, and make a few extra bucks. Brown kidnapped Miles and threatened to murder him if Barbara went to the police or didn't pay the ransom)

George Phillips as Sergeant Gray (41 years old and Snipsville's current Chief of Police. George is Nigel Phillips' (Herb Phillips' younger brother) first son. George was leading the investigation of Miles Brown's kidnapping and was snooping on the grounds of Brown Manor the night of the murder)

Michelle DaWebb as Miss Peach (Charles DaWebb's daughter. She is 33 years old and is the president of DaWebb Computers (Charles' son Christopher is the current CEO, but Charles still owns the company)

Nancy McGrath as Madam Rose. (She is 38 years old and is Leslie McGrath's sister in-law. She is the grandson of Robert McGrath, who was Snipsville's famed doctor until his retirement. Nancy works for the Snipsville Tribune, and was called to Brown Manor to collect information on an article concerning Jon Sweet's old plans to murder his father and cause the sinking of the Dynasty that Dennis found in his attic)

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:13 pm

Here is a sketch I did of what the board may possibly look like.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:14 pm

I didn't know where else to put this, but this is a drawing I did in January, but never got around to posting it. Herb Phillips posing in his "Clue costume"

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:15 pm

Update! The suspects cards will not read "Jonathon Sweet as Mr. Green" etcetera, but simply will read their names. I changed this to make it easier to identify the characters and their tokens. A good exapmle of this is the fact that Jon Sweet *always* wears something that is teal. Here is a new, updated list of suspects and their corresponding colors (tokens).

Jonathon Sweet- Teal
Adam Wickness- Gold
Leslie McGrath- Red
Sir Julius Reed- Purple
Elsa Glover- White
Beverly "Bev" Tynan- Green
George Phillips- Gray
Miles Brown- Brown
Michelle Saxby- Peach
Nancy McGrath- Pink

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:19 pm

Bah I liked Johnathan Sweet better as Green, always irked me when people think its nessecary to be the gender bender.

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:32 pm

Well, sorry! I tried to keep it as close to the original suspects as I could, but some of the colors just didn't work for the characters. The teal color used for Peacock's token is perfect for Jon. Teal is Jon's favorite color, as he wears it in every single outfit he has (labcoat, suits, ties, socks, and shirts) and also uses teal throughout his Pacifica research facility. The Sweet Industries Logo also, generally appears in teal. And even I had trouble identifying Jon with a green token. But Wickness has golden blond hair, and usually wears a gold turtle neck sweater. Leslie simply works the best as Scarlet. Sir Julius "Jules" Reed is quite brilliant in the science area, and Schairer seemed to be too old, so I made a change and made Jules Plum. Glover stands as Mrs. White, even though Glover never wears white. Bev Tynan is a newer character, but she usually wears alot of green, so I gave her the green token. Miles Brown naturally gets Brunette's brown token (Barbara Brown got cut because I didn't want to have two suspects named Brown, it might get confusing). Michelle DaWebb recently was axed as a character and replaced with Michelle Saxby (Armand's daughter). Nancy McGrath still stands as Madam Rose.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:38 pm

I think your a little too particular about some things. If your going to turn them into Clue characters then you gotta stretch some boundarys. Take a risk, be creative, or are you too scared to do that?

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:47 pm

I'm not turning them into Clue characters. I'm making my own version of the board game, with my characters, there are a few hints at the classic game's suspects. But they're still my characters, each with their own tastes in clothing and favorite colors.

Jessie
Spy

Post by Jessie » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:49 pm

i think you should do an expantion because it will be a greater challange but a better outcome .. if that makes sense. .love the board really impressive. Herb is looking good.so is Leslie Phillips
How many husbands have you had?
Mine, or other women's?

Jay Beeskow

Post by Jay Beeskow » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:51 pm

Why thank you, it's nice to hear a positive comment every once in a while.