The Crimson Diamond: Laura Bow-style Adventure Game

All other non-Clue/Cluedo discussion.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

PeachFreak
Highbinder

The Crimson Diamond: Laura Bow-style Adventure Game

Post by PeachFreak » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:33 pm

I know there was some love for The Colonel's Bequest and The Dagger of Amon Ra on these forums, so I'd thought I'd share a project that's currently in the works from designer Julia Minamata. A playable demo is now available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWEfmPgaqpE

The Crimson Diamond is a text parser mystery adventure game where you play as amateur geologist and reluctant detective Nancy Maple. Follow Nancy as she travels north to the fictional ghost town of Crimson, Ontario to investigate the discovery of a massive diamond in the area. Eavesdrop on conversations to learn more about the eccentric cast of characters who find themselves gathered at Crimson Lodge. Explore the lodge and its environs to evaluate the diamond claim, and maybe solve a mystery or two along the way! The Crimson Diamond is a cozy mystery that encourages reading and engaging in the story over devious arcade challenges.

www.thecrimsondiamond.com
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Re: The Crimson Diamond: Laura Bow-style Adventure Game

Post by WarnerPlum » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:24 am

Yeah, I heard about that from PushingUpRoses! Haven't had a chance to play it yet..
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!