Favorite Miss Scarlett

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Who's your favorite Scarlett?

Janet Wong (VCR 1985)
20%
Lesley Ann Warren (Movie)
30%
Tracy - Louise Ward (UK series 1)
No votes
Toyah Willcox (Christmas)
No votes
Koo Stark (UK series 2)
40%
Lysette Anthony (UK series 3)
10%
Jerry Hall (UK series 4)
No votes
Nicola Paull (Australia)
No votes
Nicola Van Dam (CD-i/PC)
No votes

Total votes: 10

Jonathan Green
Detective

Favorite Miss Scarlett

Post by Jonathan Green » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:41 pm

Who's your favorite Scarlett?
Last edited by Jonathan Green on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Re: Favorite Miss Scarlett

Post by cluedoking123 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:44 am

Man that was a tough call.

Also shouldn't Nicole Van Dam be on that poll? Not that she's my vote but I do think she should be included.
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

Jonathan Green
Detective

Post by Jonathan Green » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:05 pm

cluedoking123 wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:44 am
Man that was a tough call.

Also shouldn't Nicole Van Dam be on that poll? Not that she's my vote but I do think she should be included.
Huh...I thought I put here in. Give me a second.

EDIT: She's in.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

cluedoking123
Senior Detective
Location: Behind you with the candlestick...don't turn around

Post by cluedoking123 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Fab. My vote is still Lysette. She just really had the personality down. I also thought she looked it too.
IT'S ALL TOO SHOCKING!

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Miss Scarlet is my second favorite character after Prof Plum. While I enjoy most portrayals of Miss Scarlet, my favorite has to be Lesley Ann Warren. Her character is much more confident and self sufficient in the film than she is in the Cluedo series, not to mention having a good sense of humor.

“How can you make jokes at a time like this?” -Col Mustard

“It’s my defense mechanism.” -Miss Scarlet

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:14 pm

My favourite is Janet Wong. I like the whole spy-persona and that she also expresses confidence.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:31 pm

I haven't voted yet, as I really am not familiar with most of these portrayals. But I've never liked Lesley Ann Warren's Scarlet. I've never seen the character that way in my mind's eye. Warren's Scarlet is much too brash for my tastes. I've always thought of Scarlett as mysterious, and alluring, subtle in her sarcasm, and playing the role of the dumb blonde, while her cold calculating intelligence percolates just below the surface. Warren is just in your face the whole time, and it works brilliantly for the real character she's playing -- a successful madame, for whom "Scarlet" is only a pseudonym for the evening. But I've never thought that's who Scarlett is supposed to be.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:31 pm
I haven't voted yet, as I really am not familiar with most of these portrayals. But I've never liked Lesley Ann Warren's Scarlet. I've never seen the character that way in my mind's eye. Warren's Scarlet is much too brash for my tastes. I've always thought of Scarlett as mysterious, and alluring, subtle in her sarcasm, and playing the role of the dumb blonde, while her cold calculating intelligence percolates just below the surface. Warren is just in your face the whole time, and it works brilliantly for the real character she's playing -- a successful madame, for whom "Scarlet" is only a pseudonym for the evening. But I've never thought that's who Scarlett is supposed to be.
Try the Cluedo TV series, you might like how Miss Scarlet is portrayed in the show. It's a different actress each season. You can find all the episodes on YouTube.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 pm

CluedoKid wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:14 pm
My favourite is Janet Wong. I like the whole spy-persona and that she also expresses confidence.
"Like the monsoons of Sumatra... I was never in Sumatra"

Love,Scarlet
Suspect

Post by Love,Scarlet » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:44 pm

I personally prefer Josephine Scarlett, it's the whole thing being A starlet in the golden age of Hollywood being roped into a murder simply because she wanted good press.

MrGreenJeans
Slueth

Post by MrGreenJeans » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:18 pm

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:24 pm
CluedoKid wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:14 pm
"Like the monsoons of Sumatra... I was never in Sumatra"
Yes! I would’ve voted for the kid’s book series if it was an option, but I think Janet Wong embodied her attitude the most.

I never got into the UK series interpretations. CDi version was pretty dope. Lesley Ann was great, but to me was not how I picture Scarlet at all.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 am

I remember being taken aback when I saw the box for Clue the movie. I thought she was Mrs. Peacock due to her dress, and had no idea who Scarlet was supposed to be. I did end up liking her though. She was an older portrayal than how Scarlet normally is.

PrinceAlarming
Slueth

Post by PrinceAlarming » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:43 pm

CluedoKid wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 am
I remember being taken aback when I saw the box for Clue the movie. I thought she was Mrs. Peacock due to her dress, and had no idea who Scarlet was supposed to be. I did end up liking her though. She was an older portrayal than how Scarlet normally is.
I think my main confusion was why Mrs. White wasn't on the cover, and yet there were 3 women on the cover. Then when I watched the movie I realized Mrs. White was on the cover and that Yvette was the maid.

Hussar_303
Suspect

Post by Hussar_303 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:39 am

It's true that Janet Wong's interpretation gives off a little Asian Mata Hari feel that I don't dislike, while I didn't enjoy the whole "Hollywood scarlet" interpretation that much.

MarvinPycle
Suspect

Favorite Miss Scarlett

Post by MarvinPycle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:40 am

Speckled Roman. Benn my favorite for years. Ive tried many but havent beaten this one yet.