Clue Christmas List 2019

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Jonathan Green
Detective
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:17 am

So did I! And a cool tin nostalgia edition.
Image
Let’s see what tomorrow holds!
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

User avatar
cacums
Ringer
Posts: 11140
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 11:58 am
Location: If I told you it wouldn't be a secret anymore

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by cacums » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:25 am

Haha I was also a Guess Who Clue gift receiver. :)

My favorite gift (non-clue related) was an InstantPot from my boyfriend's uncle. I'm gonna be making food all winter! :mrgreen:

coinilius
Private Eye
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by coinilius » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:22 am

I bought the Cluedo Guess Who myself and then gave it to someone else to give to me lol

Jonathan Green
Detective
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:35 pm

FINALLY!!!
Image
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

User avatar
PrinceAlarming
Slueth
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:05 am
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by PrinceAlarming » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 am

I got The North Pole Edition and latest version of the card game for Christmas. No one wanted to play North Pole Edition, but we played Master Detective and the card game

coinilius
Private Eye
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by coinilius » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:57 pm

I got that card game recently as well, at least I assume it's the same one - I picked up Clue, Monopoly Deal and the Battleship card game when they re-released recently. We play Monopoly Deal with the young people I work with, but I haven't taken Clue or Battleship in to work yet. The Clue card game is a bit too limited, IMO. In other board game present news, I also got Battleship Express - haven't picked up Clue Express yet, but I am interested in getting a few more of the Express games now, particularly Risk, so I might try and track down a copy.

User avatar
alwaysPeacock
Fleet Street Look-Out
Posts: 3244
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:45 pm
Location: GA, USA

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by alwaysPeacock » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

After an endless barrage of friends sending me texts/private messages to tell me about the Golden Girls edition, Christmas 2019 found it under the tree courtesy of my one aunt who remembers I love Clue. :lol: Pleasant surprise: I never realized they did actually add full artwork for the two male suspects in lieu of the silhouettes from the original promotional images.

And I bought myself the North Pole edition a few weeks ago, which still counts (it was almost a gift though: the nice lad I’ve been seeing told me he’d almost bought it for me but couldn’t remember if I already had it or not — at that point I didn’t, so it would have made a nice surprise. He still gets major bonus points for the thought, lol).

I’ve also got Barnes & Noble and Target gift cards waiting to be spent, but only time will tell if those yield additional Clue/games, or if I end up spending them more practically).
"But look what happened to the cook!"

User avatar
PrinceAlarming
Slueth
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:05 am
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by PrinceAlarming » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:25 am

coinilius wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:57 pm
I got that card game recently as well, at least I assume it's the same one - I picked up Clue, Monopoly Deal and the Battleship card game when they re-released recently. We play Monopoly Deal with the young people I work with, but I haven't taken Clue or Battleship in to work yet. The Clue card game is a bit too limited, IMO. In other board game present news, I also got Battleship Express - haven't picked up Clue Express yet, but I am interested in getting a few more of the Express games now, particularly Risk, so I might try and track down a copy.
The card game became a better alternative when one of the players became quite intoxicated. It’s new artwork but the same game that was released years ago. I’ve actually been experimenting with it to come up with different game mechanics using more in depth gameplay and strategy.

User avatar
PrinceAlarming
Slueth
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:05 am
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by PrinceAlarming » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:32 am

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm
After an endless barrage of friends sending me texts/private messages to tell me about the Golden Girls edition, Christmas 2019 found it under the tree courtesy of my one aunt who remembers I love Clue. :lol: Pleasant surprise: I never realized they did actually add full artwork for the two male suspects in lieu of the silhouettes from the original promotional images.

And I bought myself the North Pole edition a few weeks ago, which still counts (it was almost a gift though: the nice lad I’ve been seeing told me he’d almost bought it for me but couldn’t remember if I already had it or not — at that point I didn’t, so it would have made a nice surprise. He still gets major bonus points for the thought, lol).

I’ve also got Barnes & Noble and Target gift cards waiting to be spent, but only time will tell if those yield additional Clue/games, or if I end up spending them more practically).
Surprisingly I haven’t brought up board games yet with the guy I’m seeing. Usually it comes up pretty early when dating since board games are my biggest hobby, which for some reason comes off as intimidating to a lot of guys; I have no idea how or why. The closest we came was talking about the movie Clue because it’s a favorite film of a celebrity we both love that I became friends with through work.

coinilius
Private Eye
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by coinilius » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:32 pm

Hobbies and collecting in general can sometimes be weird/awkward to bring up, especially in the early stages of a relationship, and not just board game collecting. Although I suppose board games can be extra intimidating if he thinks you're going to force him to play all of them with you! :lol:

User avatar
PrinceAlarming
Slueth
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:05 am
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by PrinceAlarming » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:34 pm

I’m not a forceful person. I’m a beta, not an alpha.

coinilius
Private Eye
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by coinilius » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:45 pm

Don't worry, I didn't really think you would be forcing anyone to play board games! :lol:

User avatar
Sir Shamrock
Slueth
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 pm
Location: In the ballroom, with the Candlestick

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by Sir Shamrock » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:17 pm

This Christmas I was given Guess Who Clue, the Card Game, 3 Clue puzzles, the Tin game, and the Bookshelf edition :D

User avatar
PrinceAlarming
Slueth
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:05 am
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by PrinceAlarming » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:16 pm

Has anyone played the Guess Who one? I have it but I haven’t had a chance to play it

Jonathan Green
Detective
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 pm

PrinceAlarming wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:16 pm
Has anyone played the Guess Who one? I have it but I haven’t had a chance to play it
I have, it's fun!
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

User avatar
PrinceAlarming
Slueth
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:05 am
Location: Sunnyvale, CA

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by PrinceAlarming » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:45 am

Jonathan Green wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:24 pm
PrinceAlarming wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:16 pm
Has anyone played the Guess Who one? I have it but I haven’t had a chance to play it
I have, it's fun!
The rules were a bit vague in some areas, who did you play against?

coinilius
Private Eye
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by coinilius » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:39 am

I haven’t had a proper game of it yet, just really played around with the cards and set it up but diss the bother actually playing lol

Elrond
Slueth
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by Elrond » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:25 am

What are the suspects, weapons, and rooms in Clue Guess Who?

Jonathan Green
Detective
Posts: 968
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by Jonathan Green » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:37 am

Elrond wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:25 am
What are the suspects, weapons, and rooms in Clue Guess Who?
Scarlett, Mustard, White, Green, Peacock, Plum, Orchid, Brunette

Candlestick, Knife, Lead Pipe, Revolver, Rope, Wrench, Poison, Axe

And all the classic rooms minus the conservatory.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Elrond
Slueth
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: Clue Christmas List 2019

Post by Elrond » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:51 am

Nice, thanks!

And how have you been enjoying ClueFX? Was it worth the wait????

Post Reply