My Clue and Cluedo collection

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

andrewzur
Suspect

Re: My Clue and Cluedo collection

Post by andrewzur » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:56 am

alwaysPeacock wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:04 am
Well ****! Color me impressed. You’ll be sure to let us know if you ever need to downsize/offload duplicate editions, won’t you? :wink:

Also, I’m absolutely livid at myself for letting that vinyl soundtrack release slip past me unnoticed! I wouldn’t need every color, but to even get my hands on one copy just to display that artwork would be amazing.

*sigh* Time to dig through eBay & lake friends at local record shops, I suppose.
The artwork really is amazing. I’m actually thinking of framing the relevant coloured LP with the press photo of the character and the typed description from the press kit and the fingerprint card below from the 1972 version (it’s the closest to the movie version I can find)...and maybe part of the LP artwork.
Attachments
85F80489-72A3-421E-9A71-57CBAA8A568F.jpeg
Clue card
85F80489-72A3-421E-9A71-57CBAA8A568F.jpeg (33.61 KiB) Viewed 3311 times

Mr. Sterling Silver
Private Eye

Post by Mr. Sterling Silver » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:09 am

The 1972 version was my first Clue game -- the one my family had when I was growing up -- and that now resides in my collection. The box is a bit worn, but everything else is in great shape.

Speaking of great shape, I'm very impressed not only by the size of your collection but by its condition. Everything looks like it's in tiptop shape. Thanks for sharing! :D

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:16 am

andrewzur wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:56 am
alwaysPeacock wrote:
Well ****! Color me impressed. You’ll be sure to let us know if you ever need to downsize/offload duplicate editions, won’t you? :wink:

Also, I’m absolutely livid at myself for letting that vinyl soundtrack release slip past me unnoticed! I wouldn’t need every color, but to even get my hands on one copy just to display that artwork would be amazing.

*sigh* Time to dig through eBay & lake friends at local record shops, I suppose.
The artwork really is amazing. I’m actually thinking of framing the relevant coloured LP with the press photo of the character and the typed description from the press kit and the fingerprint card below from the 1972 version (it’s the closest to the movie version I can find)...and maybe part of the LP artwork.
You need the 1979 edition of the game to get the actual cards used in the Clue movie. Look for it specifically on eBay and you’ll eventually find it.

Now I see why you need the white one! That would make for an awesome framed display on a wall. Of course, since you do have the black one, that might have to suffice considering White was wearing black through the whole movie. It I suppose you’ll want that for the Wadsworth/Boddy Set. Odd the Mondo website doesn’t show the black one, just the other six colors.

Thanks again for the Franklin Mint table measurements!

BBP
Junior Detective

Post by BBP » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:29 am

The Dutchman in me is curious: do you have any Dutch games?

andrewzur
Suspect

Post by andrewzur » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:49 am

Murder by Death wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:16 am
andrewzur wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:56 am
alwaysPeacock wrote:

You need the 1979 edition of the game to get the actual cards used in the Clue movie. Look for it specifically on eBay and you’ll eventually find it.

Now I see why you need the white one! That would make for an awesome framed display on a wall. Of course, since you do have the black one, that might have to suffice considering White was wearing black through the whole movie. It I suppose you’ll want that for the Wadsworth/Boddy Set. Odd the Mondo website doesn’t show the black one, just the other six colors.

Thanks again for the Franklin Mint table measurements!
I'll have to show you the finished product when it's framed. This is a project that will have to take place over at least a year due to the expense of all the framing! Thanks for the hot tip about the 1979 cards. The reason I didn't know about those is because they are in the edition that I have that is still sealed. I will have to go hunting on eBay and grab some.

I hope that measurements come in handy!

andrewzur
Suspect

Post by andrewzur » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:50 am

BBP wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:29 am
I thought that I did but alas I don't. I should definitely rectify that omission!

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:32 pm

andrewzur wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:50 am
BBP wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:29 am
I thought that I did but alas I don't. I should definitely rectify that omission!
Oh you definitely should. One of my very favorite editions of Cluedo of all time is a Dutch version:

AsocialDude
Suspect

Post by AsocialDude » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:32 pm
Oh you definitely should. One of my very favorite editions of Cluedo of all time is a Dutch version:
Are the ballroom and the conservatory swapped with each other in that version?

I ask because it's looks like a rose in the ballroom and a picture frame in the conservatory.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm

AsocialDude wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:43 pm

Are the ballroom and the conservatory swapped with each other in that version?

I ask because it's looks like a rose in the ballroom and a picture frame in the conservatory.
I’m not sure what the portrait has to do with either room. But the Rose makes sense to me for the ballroom, as it ties with doing the tango with a Rose between ones teeth, and dressing up in formal attire, corsages, flowers and the like as part of that.

Some foreign editions have the conservatory as something other than a garden room — an art studio is a popular option, or a music room as in the 1972/79 edition. A portrait would fit in an art studio for sure. But we’d have to go back and review this edition to be sure ...

Unfortunately, the conservatory room is not clearly depicted on board game geek, so we don’t have an immediate answer about that room, but we do have a very clear picture of the ballroom: Salonki, which translates to — salon. Gallery is Gallaria in Finnish, and the last three letters of that card match, so perhaps that’s the intended use, in which case a portrait makes sense. I couldn’t get another word for conservatory to end with the correct letters ...

AsocialDude
Suspect

Post by AsocialDude » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:48 pm
I’m not sure what the portrait has to do with either room. But the Rose makes sense to me for the ballroom, as it ties with doing the tango with a Rose between ones teeth, and dressing up in formal attire, corsages, flowers and the like as part of that.

Some foreign editions have the conservatory as something other than a garden room — an art studio is a popular option, or a music room as in the 1972/79 edition. A portrait would fit in an art studio for sure. But we’d have to go back and review this edition to be sure...

Unfortunately, the conservatory room is not clearly depicted on board game geek, so we don’t have an immediate answer about that room, but we do have a very clear picture of the ballroom: Salonki, which translates to — salon. Gallery is Gallaria in Finnish, and the last three letters of that card match, so perhaps that’s the intended use, in which case a portrait makes sense. I couldn’t get another word for conservatory to end with the correct letters...

Thank you for your detailed response.

NardsSteph
Suspect

Post by NardsSteph » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:52 am

Hi guys where can i find clue and cluedo i interested.