Cluedo: One Long Night Mysteries

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:44 pm

ClueLover98 wrote:Peacock - Describe your discussion with Prussian in your room.

"There have been many, many deaths in this house, as you're fully aware. It's been weighting very heavily on my mind as of late... I told Prussian I felt all of these deaths were somehow my fault. I never thought he would betray me like this..."

You will get results on your deduction once ClueFan8888 posts theirs.
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

cluefan8888
Gumshoe

Post by cluefan8888 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:23 pm

Mrs. Peacock-What weapons did you held?

Professor Plum with the Candlestick in the Study

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:30 pm

cluefan8888 wrote:Mrs. Peacock-What weapons did you held?

"Of course, I used the teapot, and Doctor Prussian brought me the bouquet of flowers... I was looking at the statue, but I never touched it. I wouldn't want to get filth on it. I didn't touch the other three, either."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:37 pm

ClueLover98, you said;

ImageImageImage

ClueFan8888, you said;

ImageImageImage

As close as it came, the study didn't see any death that day...
The candlestick didn't bash our victim's skull in...
And the final male suspect didn't commit this murder.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

We've whittled down half of our options, and have been left with a strong lead... Detectives, one question if you wish, and a deduction.
Last edited by Zoo977 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

cluefan8888
Gumshoe

Post by cluefan8888 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:45 pm

Miss Scarlet-did you touch the teapot?

Mrs. Peacock with the Teapot in the Dining room.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:47 pm

cluefan8888 wrote:Miss Scarlet-did you touch the teapot?

"Of course! Mrs. White asked me to bring it to her!~ But I didn't touch it again."

You will get results on your deduction once ClueLover98 posts theirs

ClueLover98
Gumshoe

Post by ClueLover98 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:18 pm

Miss Scarlet - Teapot - Billiard Room

Mrs Peacock - Had you seen Miss Scarlet prior to Plum informing you of the doctor's death?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:36 am

Zoo you eliminated TEAPOT instead of CANDLESTICK

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:27 am

(What are you talking about, Black? That didn't happen. That never happened. There is no war in Ba Sing Se. :D )
ClueLover98 wrote:Mrs Peacock - Had you seen Miss Scarlet prior to Plum informing you of the doctor's death?

"I was visiting the gravesite after the incident in the Study. I hadn't seen her all day."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:30 am

ClueFan8888, you said;

ImageImageImage

ClueLover98, you said;

ImageImageImage

Detectives, one question if you wish, and a deduction.

cluefan8888
Gumshoe

Post by cluefan8888 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:27 am

Mme. Rose- What rooms were you in before the murder?
Miss Scarlet with the Curtain Rod in the Dining room.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:31 am

cluefan8888 wrote:Mme. Rose- What rooms were you in before the murder?

"After the dining room? I walked through the billiard room at one point - Colonel Mustard was still in there when I left - and I spent the rest of the day in the library. I remember Professor Plum walked through at one point."

You will get results on your deduction once ClueLover98 posts theirs.

ClueLover98
Gumshoe

Post by ClueLover98 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:40 pm

Miss Scarlet - Describe your movements

It has to either be Miss Scarlet in the Dining Room with either the Curtain Cord or the Oleander Bouquet. Since the former has already been guessed...

Miss Scarlet - Oleander Bouquet - Dining Room

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:48 pm

ClueLover98 wrote:Miss Scarlet - Describe your movements

"I went back to the kitchen, and made myself a drink. I took a little walk around the gallery after. I was trying to think of something FUN I could do to get rid of him... but then I heard the news."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:52 pm

ClueFan8888, you said;

ImageImageImage

But if I were you, I would pay a little more attention to ClueLover98's deduction...

ImageImageImage

In fact, yes, Doctor Prussian's corpse was found on the dining room floor...
His blood tested positive for fatal levels of the many toxins in oleander flowers...
And our many thanks have to go to dear Miss Scarlet!

"Ah ha ha ha... Thank you all so much, you're too kind! Yes, fine, yes. I don't really know what to say, there's so much to discuss! You all know my motives - of course I wanted to protect Mrs. Peacock. But I don't think any of you are angry at the doctor's methods!

We all know it - I used to be a killer for hire. Maybe I'll go back to it one day... maybe. But the difference is, I took pride in my deaths! If someone wanted me to murder, I'd murder my client. Prussian's methods depended too much on specific circumstances to work. If you want to convince someone to commit suicide, why not simply fake a suicide? If they catch on, they might report you to the police, or go on a murderous rampage, or tell your schemes to the gossip mill that lead straight to her gorgeous, incredibly clever daughter-in-law.

I thought I'd give him a taste of his own medicine, so imagine my surprise when he just popped out from under the sink! I just played dumb - We could talk about me moving out of the mansion. Maybe over a little drink? I pocketed a few of those oleander flowers. Maybe he thought he could get Mrs. Peacock to eat them? What a horrible method. I just put together a few quick drinks, and muddled a few flowers into his while he wasn't looking. Well, not a few flowers. Many, many, many flowers. And I just let time run it's course.

You know, his plan was actually pretty clever. Maybe if he had thought it through a little more, and just hadn't targeted someone I loved... We might have been the best of friends~"

Congratulations, ClueLover98, for solving the murder of Doctor Glenn Prussian!

ClueLover98
Gumshoe

Post by ClueLover98 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Yay! It's a shame the series was ending though. It'd be cool to see all the weapons from One Long Night in this new format.

I knew it had to be the Oleander Bouquet, simply because of Nurse Bluebell using such a unique weapon *cough cough sawfish trophy*.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:57 pm

Hey, everyone! I want to thank you all so, SO much for playing along with these mysteries! It was just a ton of fun to do this again, and I'm glad all of you wanted to play! I do have a few little extras for you all relating to this! The first of these extras being the answers to the questions Black and Jamie PMed me, just in case any of you were curious. (NOTE: I just C/Pd the answer to Jamie's question about Mrs. Peacock and Prussian's discussion.)
Black wrote:Sgt. Grey - What happened to the Curtain Cord and why were you carrying it around?

"Colonel Mustard had been warning me about the Doctor. I kept it on hand in case I felt the need to restrain him."
Black wrote:Mme. Rose - What happened to the candlestick?

"I left it on the dining room table. I didn't have any use for it."
Black wrote:Miss Scarlet - what were you planning when you said "I'm certain there's something we can do to get back at him for this~"

"Haha, well... well, I'm sure you've guessed my past occupation by now. It's Boddy Mansion - What do you THINK I meant~?"
Jamie wrote:Plum - Where did you go after being in the Hall with Mustard and Scarlett, and did you see where they went?

"Let me think... Mustard went towards the billiard room, and Miss Scarlet went to the chapel. I went to look for him in the right wing of the house, starting with the lounge... but while I was searching, I saw Mrs. Peacock through the conservatory windows!"
Jamie wrote:Grey - Did you keep the Curtain Cord with you?

"All day, yes."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:07 pm

ClueLover98 wrote:Yay! It's a shame the series was ending though. It'd be cool to see all the weapons from One Long Night in this new format.

I knew it had to be the Oleander Bouquet, simply because of Nurse Bluebell using such a unique weapon *cough cough sawfish trophy*.
Actually, there were a lot of little patterns I put in place to help me plan the mysteries. One of them was that each weapon set would have two of the original weapons from One Long Night. That's actually how I came up with the theme for each set! I'll compile them all here for curiosities sake :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Speaking of curiosities sake, here's all of the themes, in case there are any you didn't catch.

• Revolver, Microphone, Meat Cleaver, Frayed Wire, Pantyhose, Leg-Hold Trap ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ Three Syllable Names

• Syringe, Ax, Awl, Broken China, Planchette, Shark Tooth ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ Sharp Objects

• Lead Piping, Shotgun, Billiard Cue, Harpoon, Sledgehammer, Sawfish Trophy ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ Long Objects

• Wrench, Knife, Scissors, Derringer, Divination Pendulum, Police Badge ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ Metal Objects

• Rope, Poison, Pillow, Hairpin, Trophy, Perfume Pump ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ Names Containing a Letter "P"

• Candlestick, Statuette, Curtain Cord, Teapot, Oleander Bouquet, Cross ‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒ Decorations

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:13 pm

Anyways, here are the two main other little extras! The first one's more benign - I just thought I'd put these new cards and the old One Long Night cards side by side. It's been almost exactly a year since I first posted that art, so I just thought it would be interesting to see how my art has changed since then. I hope this doesn't sound snobby or anything, but I really think there's been a big improvement with my coloring!

And for the other thing... Remember how Black found that print your own board game website a while back? I decided to print out the main card art with it to test out how the printing services look for myself!

The photo I took kinda sucks, but the cards are really well printed! The photo doesn't do them justice - they're simply a very high quality make! Although now, I kind of wish I'd waited until I had these physical cards to randomize the solutions, but that's just how it goes :)

There's one more little extra, but the image file's acting kind of wonky. I'll put it up this evening at the latest. Again, I can't thank you guys enough for playing along!

ClueLover98
Gumshoe

Post by ClueLover98 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Zoo977 wrote:(What are you talking about, Black? That didn't happen. That never happened. There is no war in Ba Sing Se. :D )
OMG AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER REFERENCE I CAN'T EVEN