Cluedo: One Long Night Mysteries

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:03 pm

Black wrote:Nice one Jamie, I never would have gotten that - I must have missed some big clues and Zoo, you're not the first person to have a child murder victim.
Eeeeh, this must have been a bit more contrived than I thought, but the biggest hint was supposed to be White's movements. The last time we see her before she announces 'discovering' the body was when she left the noose in the ballroom - the last place where bubbles what seen, and where the pillow eventually ended up. I'm kind of surprised I didn't have to make her lie during the questioning.

And honestly, that last point is sort of the biggest reason I decided to do this. I was jokingly talking with my brother about this website a while back, and I'm the kind of person to pronounce things out of my face without thinking them through. So I accidentally referred to CluedoKid as having "a monopoly on child murder" on this site, and you know? Maybe that isn't the best thing to be able to say about someone. So I decided to do something about that, and here we are.
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Go_Leafs_Nation also killed a child

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:45 pm

Well, I didn't know that, so I had to edit by far the worst thing I've ever made for any solitary purpose ever.

I'm so sorry, everyone.

ClueLover98
Gumshoe

Post by ClueLover98 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:57 pm

I call dibs on a spot for Case #6!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:52 am

Weapon Guess

CROSS
TEAPOT
STATUETTE
CANDLESTICK
CURTAIN CORD
OLEANDER BOUQUET

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:13 am

Ahem - I'm not going to be a bit of help to you two today. The recent events have been very... emotional for me, and we're all having trouble just holding on right now. If we could get this one murder solved as quickly as possible, I'm certain that we would all be so much happier.

We didn't have much of a choice earlier. We called in Mrs. Peacock's old psychiatrist, Doctor Glenn Prussian. And his fate was the same as everyone expected. His shared history with the rest of the residents should have predicted that much, but perhaps we were all holding our breaths. Perhaps it would be different for once.

So where did the doctor fall dead? There were plenty of possibilities.
�Was it the Gallery...
�...the Dining Room...
�...the Billiard Room
�...the Study...
�...the Chapel...
�...or was it the Hall?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The doctor was killed with one of many decorations on display around the mansion... But what?
�For one, there was a handy Candlestick... solid brass.
�Mrs. Peacock's favorite Statuette could have also done the job.
�There was also the Curtain Cord...
�...and a lovely china Teapot.
�There's also the matter of a poisonous Oleander Bouquet.
�Easily the worst weapon of all, though... a shiny, very sharp decorative Cross.

But that isn't the important part. The important part is what Professor Plum saw on the retreat that day...

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:14 am

‒‒‒‒Scene One - The Retreat‒‒‒‒

Mrs. Peacock sat alone. It was a dreary, overcast morning. Summer was coming to an end, and it felt as though fall was impatient to shove it away. The ocean stench circled around Mrs. Peacock's trembling body. She promised herself she wouldn't think about Everest here... Not now...

And yet here she was, holding an old shark tooth between her fingers.

"I'm the last person here, buddy. I'm not even a relative. Your job is done."

She opened her lips to say something, but there was no one to speak to. Only an uncaring cliff and silent weeds. Her own distorted memories could be forced to change, but the past never would.

The professor had arrived minutes earlier, but didn't know if he should approach her at what was clearly a fragile moment.

"Mrs. Peacock...?"

Mrs. Peacock barely turned her head. She stood up, and started walking away.

"I have a lot of business to take care of right now, Professor. Please leave us be."

"Wait, stop...!"

Mrs. Peacock stepped forward and started gently drifting towards the ravenous ocean...

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:15 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Two - The Lookout‒‒‒‒

Within two hours of receiving the news, all of the normal mansion guests had gathered to show their support for the lady.

"Mrs. Peacock is unconcious, but she's going to be alright." Doctor Mandarin announced. A great sigh of relief fell over the room.

"Poor child..." Madame Rose murmured.

"How long has she been planning this?" Monsieur Brunette rubbed his hands uncomfortably.

Miss Scarlet simply looked out the windows, at the dull Santa Rita skyline. Mister Green put his hand on hers.

"Are you going to be alright."

"I'm fine." Miss Scarlet laughed softly, but for once, some raw emotion managed to melt through her false exterior.

"Have you put safety measures in the room?" Sergeant Grey demanded.

"I padlocked the window, and locked the doors to the other bedrooms. Many of the trophies have been moved into your bedroom, Colonel."

Doctor Mandarin handed a key ring to Mrs. White. "I'm going to wait by her bedside. I don't want her to try anything again."

"I'm going to call... Hmmm...." Mister Boddy rubbed his hand over his mouth.

"Yes?" Mrs. White asked.

"I'm going to have to call..." He turned his head away from the colonel. "...We'll have to call Glenn."

"Sergeant!" Colonel Mustard barked without hesitation.

"Y-Yes, Colonel, sir!" The sergeant's military training came back to him full force.

"We're going to have a guest soon." He said. "Don't you dare keep your eyes off of him."

"Understood, sir!"

Mister Green and Miss Scarlet were equally shocked.

"You... You're fine with this?" Green asked.

"My past isn't important right now!" Mustard banged his hand. "We need to help Mrs. Peacock, no matter what."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:16 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Three - The Hall‒‒‒‒

Sergeant Grey marched down the stairs, and stood guard by the door. He waited.

Mister Body descended, and left through the front doors.

He continued to wait.

Miss Scarlet and Madame Rose descended. Scarlet almost looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"Don't you worry, child. You can only let yourself get so sad about the past." Madame Rose gave her a comforting pat on the back. "You aren't going to lose her."

"I had an older sister, back in my home country." Miss Scarlet laughed through her sadness. The two proceeded into the conservatory. "She used to speak just like that."

And Grey still more, for much longer this time around.

The moment he saw Mister Boddy walking up from the docks with the guest, the sergeant swung the door open in wait. Doctor Prussian followed him up the porch stairs, and into the house. He had a large, bright pink bouquet of Oleander in his left hand.

"Doctor Prussian!" Grey said. The stress of the events had forced him to take on his old military habits once again. "Colonel Mustard would like me to deliver a message!"

"Yes, Cadet?" The doctor's loud, clear voice demanded attention.

"'No funny business', sir. That is all."

The doctor hung his coat on the rack near the door. "Thank you. Mister Boddy explained the situation over the phone."

"Mrs. Peacock woke up recently. We'll show you to her now."

Sergeant Grey stood his post by the door, and watched the two ascend the stairwell.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:16 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Four - Mrs. Peacock's Bedroom‒‒‒‒

Doctor Mandarin had left every light in the room off, as per the lady's request. All he left was a small machine playing white noise endlessly. Mrs. Peacock laid in her bed, every extra-cushioned pillow placed behind her head, save for one left in the gallery. Her arms were folded simply over her stomach.

Doctor Prussian knocked twice on the door.

"Come in."

While he slowly opened the door, Mrs. Peacock tilted her head and smiled. "It's been a while, Doctor." She said. "I'm sorry we have to meet under these circumstances."

"You've clearly had no lack of guests." Prussian attempted to lighten the mood a bit.

"No, I haven't." Mrs. Peacock laughed gently. "I'm a very lucky woman."

"Yes, you are. I was filled in on all the details. A... fall from that height should have been fatal." He looked at the flowers, and smiled. "Someone or something clearly wants you to stay here."

He put the flowers in a vase next to Mrs. Peacock's bed. "I understand you like oleander?"

"Yes, we had some around my house when I was little. I remember playing under it with my brother..." She sighed, and turned to look at the window. "I suppose I've been very foolish today."

Prussian sat in a chair usually situated next to the make-up table.

"Extreme circumstances can drive people to do irrational things, Mrs. Peacock. I understand that this feeling has been building for a while now? Your husband clearly cares very much about you. He noticed many small changes in your behavior."

"Yes... Yes, he tends to notice small things." Mrs. Peacock laughed again, this time very pitifully. "The last time I discussed this was in this same room, actually. It's a very long story..."

"I don't mind at all. Take all the time you need."

Mrs. Peacock cleared her throat. "About a month ago, we discovered a vagrant on our property... ..."

Their meeting carried on for over two hours.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:17 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Five - The Billiard Room‒‒‒‒

The game between Sergeant Grey and Colonel Mustard wasn't so much a friendly competition as much as a chance for Flint to pry into the colonel's past.

"And what happened to Holly?"

"Three months after our marriage, Holly died in a car accident." Mustard hit the two ball, causing it to bounce around a corner pocket. "Mrs. Peacock can tell you what it's like to lose a sibling. Doctor Prussian never let it go."

"He blames you, doesn't he?"

Colonel Mustard didn't respond. Colonel Mustard raised his cue as a makeshift support, but Grey stood back. "Your hand, colonel!"

Lionel's hand had a fresh, thin scab across the back of his right hand. "I was praying for Rosemary, and that blasted cross cut my hand right open. It's just some piffle, don't worry."

"I thought Glenn hurt you, sir."

"No, what would make you think that?"

Grey said nothing.

"You've got some past with him?"

"When I was first promoted to Sergeant, I went to see Prussian for a routine meeting. I told him I knew you at some point, and... He deemed me unfit." He said. "I think he was taking revenge? I don't know if that's correct."

Grey took his shot. Eleven in the center pocket. For just a brief moment as he bent over, the Colonel could see a curtain cord hanging out of his back pocket.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:18 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Six - The Kitchen‒‒‒‒

Miss Scarlet wasn't the kind of person to really act with any subtlety, but she still liked to sit in the more modestly decorated kitchen. Unlike the rest of the house, the colors were dull and simple. No flashy colors or fancy chandeliers, but nice simple tile. If you're decorating's good enough, you shouldn't need to paint everything in technicolor to make it look decent. Mrs. White stood in the corner, silently preparing tea.

To her surprise, Doctor Prussian opened the door from the Gallery. He walked directly up to her.

"It's a lovely house. Would you mind if I...?"

Scarlet patted the space next to her at the kitchen table. Prussian gladly sat down.

"Mrs. Peacock was talking about you earlier. She clearly cares a lot about you."

"Hah, of course she does. She cares about everyone who lives here." Miss Scarlet just laughed it off.

"And you aren't even a relative! She's a very charming woman."

"I know what you're up to."

Miss Scarlet stood up, faking her usual grin.

"She's told me that I should leave several times before. I don't think she needs any help, now~"

"Don't you want what's best for her mental health, miss?"

"Of course." Miss Scarlet twirled around, and approached the stove. "And if I moved out, it would be even worst for her mental health."

She pricked her right index finger on the tip of one of many knives "And you know what's bad for MY mental health? Continuing this conversation." With another laugh, she pointed at the dining room door. "We can talk about this any other time... Just not right now."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:19 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Seven - The Dining Room‒‒‒‒

The moment Doctor Prussian walked into the room, he balked. There, standing in the center of the room, was his flamboyantly dressed adversary.

"Why in the heavens are you here?" His voice dripped with venom.

"Because the lady wants to see all of her friends." Madame Rose said. "I don't want to make any mischief with her in this state, Doctor."

"Your nonexistent ''powers" have had the woman clinging to nonsense for mental stability!"

"My 'nonexistent' powers have been the subject of a few bestselling novels! My clients will tell you as such."

"I'm certain they would!"

Madame Rose picked up a candlestick on the table, and waved it lazily at Doctor Prussian. "You don't want Mrs. Peacock to have to deal with any more drama today, do you?"

"Absolutely not!" Doctor Prussian left through the door of the Billiard Room. Yes... Yes, with Mustard and Rose as friends, this was better than he could have ever planned. He could take vengeance against so many people in one devastating blow...!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:19 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Eight - The Gallery‒‒‒‒

The statuette in the center of the gallery was one of Mrs. Peacock's favorites. One of the last owners of the Black mansion. She was a gorgeous woman, about the age of her own mother now. Yes, Mrs. Peacock remembers her as an upstanding woman who worked extremely hard to earn every cent she had.

"D-Don't! I love you, please stop!"

Mrs. Peacock winced. She remember's her voice all too well. She remembers those footsteps, hearing the door slam open-

A door behind her creaked open, causing her to almost knock the statuette off of it's stand. When she turned around... it was only Doctor Prussian. Not that it could have been anyone else.

"Mrs. Peacock, I think we both know what time it is."

"Yes... I suppose it's for the best."

Doctor Prussian patted the woman on the back.

"This kind of trauma runs deep, Mrs. Peacock. It's safe to say at this point, you're never going to completely heal."

She turned away out of trepedation.

"But it's for the best. You've already told Mrs. White to brew the tea, correct?"

"It should be about done by now."

"Good." He handed a small bottle of sleeping medicine to his patient.

"I'm so proud you've come to your senses, Mrs. Peacock. While this may be hard for everyone else, this is going to solve so many of your problems! For once, you'll be happy, and rested, and at one with your brother. This isn't as painful as something like a vicious stabbing - just five little drops of poison, and that blue devil will quietly bleed away."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:20 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Nine - The Study ‒‒‒‒

Mrs. White had placed the teapot of chamomile on Mrs. Peacock's desk. It was a hard decision for Rosemary... But a decision that had to be made. She poured herself a single glass, and pulled out a pen and paper.

"No... No, Rosemary! Remember what the doctor said." She scolded herself. "Don't delay it, aim right for your goal."

"M-Mrs. Peacock?" Professor Plum opened the hall entrance, prompting Mrs. Peacock to speed up the process. She forced the whole bottle of medicine into the cup as quickly as possible, prompting Plum to smack the teacup out of her hand. The sudden viciousness of the affair was punctuated by the piercing shattering of the cup.

"Rosemary, what are you doing?! You have so much to live for!"

"I have to do this! The doctor- The doctor ordered... me to..."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:21 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Ten - The Hall‒‒‒‒

"He ORDERED that woman to?!"

Colonel Mustard was furious. Miss Scarlet was dumbfounded. And Professor Plum was suddenly filled with boiling energy.

"He's trying to hurt you, Colonel! I think he just wants to take revenge for you." Plum explained.

"Well, that's no good~" Miss Scarlet dramatically understated. "I'm certain there's something we can do to get back at him for this~"

All three turned their attention to the side table, where the Doctor had placed the oleander earlier.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:21 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Eleven - The Chapel‒‒‒‒

Sergeant Grey was fuming. There had to be some way he could help the colonel! Some way he could help himself AND the Colonel!

Ah, there it was, right where Colonel Mustard said it would be. That unnecessarily sharp cross decoration!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:22 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Twelve - The Library‒‒‒‒

Madame Rose didn't need psychic powers to know that Prussian was making more enemies. Every person she came across was fuming, delirious, or some combination of the two.

She drew a certain pink book off of a shelf of predominantly leather bound books. "The Stars and the Comets - Flamboyant Frauds and Real Psychic Powers." Madame Roses scheme was ingenious - expose all of the phony psychics she could, and show off her genuine psychic strength! It took the occult scene by storm in an instant!

But that wasn't important now. What was important was the book an infuriated psychiatrist wrote in response, and all of the business she lost overnight as a result. If only... If only she could find some new way to get back at Doctor Prussian...

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:22 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Thirteen - The Fountain‒‒‒‒

Grubby. That's all Mrs. Peacock could say about the stone fountain, grubby. This thing needed to be drained and thoroughly scrubbed. How hideous. She was kneeling down, running a hand through the water, holding her face close to the surface...

Professor Plum rushed outside of the conservatory door. "No, not again! You can't attempt-"

"I'm not going to, Professor." Mrs. Peacock appeared to be in a trance. She expressed little to no emotion. "I don't have any reason to."

"I- I can give you one less reason, Rosie." Professor Plum added. "Doctor Prussian is dead. He's... also been murdered."

Mrs. Peacock paused.

"Is that all."

"Yes, ma'am."

She smiled. "Thank you, Professor."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:26 am

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒
‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

Thankfully, once and for all, Doctor Prussian has died. Six people had very strong motives for murder... Who should we thank for this?

ImageImageImage

No matter what happened, Miss Scarlet was going to at least lose her home... and maybe Mrs. Peacock. Did she kill the crooked doctor?

ImageImageImage

A trouble history with the victim lead to an even worse present for Colonel Mustard. Did he kill to protect his family future?

ImageImageImage

Did Mrs. Peacock use five little drops of poison to bleed away the blue devil?

ImageImageImage

Or did Professor Plum kill the man to protect his lady love?

ImageImageImage

Sergeant Grey had reason to kill for himself, for the Colonel, and for Mrs. Peacock. Did these three-against-one odds turn fatal for the doctor?

ImageImageImage

And lastly, did Madame Rose kill her competition to save not only herself, but her dear friend?

We'll need two detectives to ask three questions each - they may ask as many questions to one witness as they like, and they may question anyone who was present that day, suspected or not. Only the murderer can lie.