Cluedo: One Long Night Mysteries

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:46 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Nine - The Library‒‒‒‒

Madame Rose was disappointing in herself. Maybe the spirit didn't want to speak to their killer so soon after their death? Maybe it was the board? No, it wasn't the board, don't be ridiculous. It was simply a failed reading. She put the board and planchette on a reading stand.

"How cute." Doctor Orchid was walking in from the Ballroom. Madame Rose had heard all of the yelling, just not coherently. Beverly raised her hand to Madame Rose. "Doctor Beverly Orchid. I'm a friend of Mrs. Peacock."

"Just call me Madame Rose." Rose have a very firm, happy handshake.

"I had one a lot like this when I was younger." Beverly said, holding the board up. "You know, one young woman in one of my classes always arrives wearing a ouija board baseball hat. Lazur is a very nice university, she seems a little out of place. But it takes all sorts, I suppose..."

She visibly balked at the inscription on the bottom right corner. "Does this say, 'Rosenfeld Consultation...?'"

"Let me introduce myself again." Rose laughed, and shook Doctor Orchid's hand again. Her arm was more limp this time. "Eva Rosenfeld. I run Rosenfeld Psychic Consultation Services."

Beverly stepped back. Mrs. Peacock introduced Rosenfeld Consultation as a business firm. "And YOU'RE one of Mrs. Peacock's business advisers?!"

Madame Rose didn't know how to respond.

Orchid slammed the board down on the reading stand. "Crazies. This house is full of crazies!"
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:47 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Ten - The Study‒‒‒‒

Mandarin was pacing around the study, trying to get control over his anger. He couldn't let her get to him... He couldn't let her get to him...!

"You don't need to worry about anything, Lillian." Doctor Mandarin said. "You're doing a fantastic job! Doctor Orchid though... RRrrrgh!"

Mandarin shook his fist in exaggerated anger, and laughed. He was still very angry, but he was at least beginning to fake enjoyment. That was a start, at least.

Nurse Bluebell had originally followed Crowe to try and comfort him, but she was quickly distracted by all of the papers on the desk. "What's wrong? Is something wrong?"

"These accounting methods don't make any sense." Bluebell admitted. "I thought she was a business professor...? Why are they using complicated methods for simple math"

"Yes, is everything alright?"

"Well, look at the notes over here, under Mrs. White's full payable salary. It says thirty five hundred dollars annually." the Nurse grabbed a nearby sheet. "But over here, when she's adding up all household costs, it's listed as forty five thousand...?"

She noticed something else, further down the same sheet. "I thought... No, isn't fringe benefits classified as overhead? This is all wrong...!"

Professor Plum entered from the hall. "Oh, uh... did I interrupt something?"

"No, I... I just need to calm down." Doctor Mandarin entered the lounge.

"No... ..." Nurse Bluebell was very busy thinking about the papers. She walked into the billiard room, carrying the same sheet she had shown the doctor.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:48 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Eleven - The Dining Room‒‒‒‒

"Stop right there!"

Just as soon as Doctor Orchid has entered the dining room did she hear someone yelling at her. She turned to see Colonel Mustard holding an awl in both hands.

"I know what you're up to, girlie." The colonel was approaching Orchid slowly. "I've seen all those sidelong glances you give Mrs. Peacock, and I've heard that tone you use when you talk to her. You're after her, aren't you?"

"I'm-"

"SILENCE!" The sudden yelling prompted the Doctor to grab the closest thing to her, which happened to be a china plate. She held it as though it were a small shield.

"Don't you lie to me, I know what you're thinking. I don't care if Boddy is a horrible, crusty pansy of a man, that's my brother we're talking about." He held the tip of the awl against Doctor Orchid's chin. "Plum doesn't have a chance to do anything, but I don't trust you."

"I don't care what you think, Colonel."

Beverly pushed down the colonel's arm. "I will lead my own life. I will do what I WANT." Beverly had started screaming again. "I will love whoever I want, and no man will stand in my way!" She lowered her voice. "And I won't let anyone like you tell me-"

"Boddy ran through his fortune years ago! Without that woman's support, he'd be dead by now."

"Then I hope you can find a new source of income soon!" Beverly screamed.

Anger boiled over the colonel, and he lunged at Beverly with the awl. Beverly quickly raised the plate again, causing it to shatter into numerous large china shards. Before the colonel could think of how to react, she grabbed the awl out of his hand, and rushed into the billiard room again.

Colonel Mustard sat down, and started thinking of what his next move should be.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:49 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Twelve - The Gallery‒‒‒‒

From a distance, Madame Rose and Mrs. White were looking forlornly at the bust on display in the center of the room. It was the bust Mrs. Peacock insisted be kept in the center of the room, a bust of a woman no one else could identify. She may have known the woman. Maybe it was an art thing. It was a beautiful statue, but neither of them understood why it was so special to her.

"Doctor Orchid insisted that I should be fired." Mrs. White said.

"I think she wants me to be fired as well." Madame Rose added. "Without her support... I don't know."

"I'm in the same position, ma'am. Ladies have to look out for one another."

"I'm certain we won't be fired."

"Better safe than sorry, ma'am."

They grew bored of looking at the statuette. Their attention fell to a case in the corner of the room - a simple latched case containing a fire ax.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:50 am

‒‒‒‒Scene Thirteen - The Rose Garden‒‒‒‒

Mrs. Peacock was very anxious about talking with Doctor Orchid outside. She knew that Doctor Orchid must have feeling for her... She had known for years. "I sincerely hope she doesn't make a move on me." She thought. "I don't need more problems."

She took a particularly long look at the rose Nurse Bluebell had pointed out earlier. It was clearly undernourished compared to the other flowers. Small, an unhealthy white, shriveling... How sad.

She looked up to see Mrs. White leaving the ballroom through the double doors. She was clearly making a beeline straight for Mrs. Peacock.

"Yes, Maple? Is everything alright?"

She could tell from her maid's eyes that something was definitely not alright.

"I'm sorry to have to tell you, ma'am, but... it appears your friend has passed on."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:55 am

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒
‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

Mrs. Peacock lost a dear friend today... But while she cared about her friend, these six others clearly didn't.

ImageImageImage

Colonel Mustard was worried about Orchid hurting his family. Did he find a fatal way to protect his household?

ImageImageImage

Mrs. White's livelyhood was suddenly up in the air. Did she kill to protect her future?

ImageImageImage

Or was a prodded ego and a possible threat to his own love life enough to bring Professor Plum to kill?

ImageImageImage

Of course, Madame Rose is in the same position as Mrs. White. Could she have snipped Orchid's life short?

ImageImageImage

Nurse Bluebell was suspicious of the visitor's methods, but did she have a motive for murder?

ImageImageImage

Or was a simple fight enough to drive Doctor Mandarin into a murderous rage?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

We'll need two detectives to ask three questions each - they may ask as many questions to one witness as they like, and they may question anyone who was present that day, suspected or not. And remember; only the murderer can lie.

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Col. Mustard - Did you come in contact with the broken china after the Dining Room incident?

Mme. Rose - Describe your movements on the day of the murder.

Mrs. Peacock - Did Orchid convince you to change anything? Or did you disregard her ideas?

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:17 pm

ClueLover98 wrote:Col. Mustard - Did you come in contact with the broken china after the Dining Room incident?

"I... *ahem* I moved the pieces so it looked like the plate had fallen off of the shelf. Don't you go telling the ladies."
ClueLover98 wrote:Mme. Rose - Describe your movements on the day of the murder.

"After Mrs. White lead me to the library, I spent a while trying to communicate with Mrs. Marigold myself. There are strong spirits in the air, but none wished to speak. She was mumbling about getting me fired while she was going through the Billiard Room.

After that, I went into the gallery with Mrs. White. She left into the billiard room to do some cleaning - I stayed right where I was. The paintings she has have breathtaking amounts of detail, you know!"
ClueLover98 wrote:Mrs. Peacock - Did Orchid convince you to change anything? Or did you disregard her ideas?

"I hope you don't mind if I sound a bit off today... You understand. But yes, she certainly did convince me. She convinced me that I need to spend less on most everything else for a short while. While Mrs. White and Madame Rose's consultation fees are pricey, they are both dear friends of mine. They deserve the fees they earn, and I will sacrifice whatever I need to make sure they get their fair pay."

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:40 pm

I'm not sure whether it's too early to suggest, but I'd say Mustard with the Awl in the Chapel.

If it still is too early to suggest, this is my suggestion for later.

cluefan8888
Gumshoe

Post by cluefan8888 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:28 pm

Mrs. Peacock-Why Did you have a breakdown?
Mrs. White-Why would anyone Fire you?
Col. Mustard-What where your movements before the murder?

Professor Plum With The Planchette in the Library

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:41 pm

cluefan8888 wrote:Mrs. Peacock-Why Did you have a breakdown?

"A lot of stress comes with having a death in your house. Especially a death as... Well, as... 'personal' as that vagrant woman's, should we say. *sniff* I'm sorry, a lot has happened lately, and it isn't a topic I wish to dwell on."
cluefan8888 wrote:Mrs. White-Why would anyone Fire you?

"Her motivations appeared to have been money. But Mrs. Peacock is a very generous woman, sir. I'm sure she would see things my way."
cluefan8888 wrote:Col. Mustard-What where your movements before the murder?

"I can't tell you before, cause I don't know when the murder took place. I waited in the dining room to confront that woman, then looked for Mrs. White. Right in the first room I checked. Then I went to the lounge and back to the chapel. There's a decorative harpoon in the lounge, but a limp noodle would pry boards better than that useless hunk of metal."

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:41 pm

ClueLover98, you said;

ImageImageImage

The only violence in the chapel was to the floorboards...
The awl didn't taste any blood...
And Colonel Mustard is free of all charges.

ClueLover8888, you said;

ImageImageImage

Why does this feel a little familiar? Before we keep going, we have three pieces of evidence you might find important.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:42 pm

‒‒‒‒Scene Fourteen - Study‒‒‒‒

Nurse Bluebell was looking over some papers when the Professor entered. Mandarin was clearly fuming. "Oh, uh... did I interrupt something?" Plum asked.

"No, I... I just need to calm down." Doctor Mandarin entered the lounge.

"No... ..." Nurse Bluebell was very busy thinking about the papers. She walked into the billiard room, carrying the same sheet she had shown the doctor.

"Good," thought the Professor. Once the room was empty, he scooped all of the papers briskly into a metal trashcan under the desk. He then pulled out a disposable lighter, and held the flame to the paper...

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:43 pm

‒‒‒‒Scene Fifteen - The Kitchen‒‒‒‒

Mrs. White had yet to clean up the mess from earlier, so Nurse Bluebell was quite confused by the clutter.

"No... His medicine bottle is still here!" She whispered to herself. "Did I put it somewhere else?"

There is was again, Doctor Orchid's shrill screaming.

"Then I hope you can find a new source of income soon!"

Nurse Bluebell didn't understand the context of the conversation... but she quickly and incorrectly put two and two together.

"Is she... She's trying to bankrupt Mrs. Peacock!"

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:45 pm

‒‒‒‒Scene Sixteen - The Study ‒‒‒‒

Mrs. White was just emptying the ashes from the trash can into a white garbage bag. Mustard entered through the hall door.

"Maple, there's a mess in the dining room you may want to take care of." The Colonel said. "Don't tell the lady, will you?"

"Mum's the word, sir." Mrs. White said. "If you're still worried about the planks, sir, an ax may be a simple solution. There's one hanging in the gallery."

"I'm aware, Maple. Thanks."

Mustard left into the lounge just as quickly as he'd arrived. Mrs. White finished bagging the ashes, and entered the dining room.

Now we'll restrict our detectives to only one question before they must make their deductions. If you would like, you may post your deductions without asking a question, or you may post both at the same time. Regardless of when you post, though, accusations won't be tested until both detectives have made one.

ClueLover98
Slueth

Post by ClueLover98 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Rose - What weapons did you handle during the day of the murder?

Rose - Planchette - Library

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:15 pm

ClueLover98 wrote:Rose - What weapons did you handle during the day of the murder?

"The planchette is mine, and Mrs. Peacock let me hold her shark tooth after our reading attempt. There are a lot of strong, remorseful feelings in it's past... but you wouldn't need psychic powers to know that."

You will get results on your accusation as soon as ClueFan8888 posts theirs.

cluefan8888
Gumshoe

Post by cluefan8888 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:26 pm

Rose-Why would anyone Fire you?

Professor Plum with the Syringe in the library

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:38 pm

cluefan8888 wrote:Rose-Why would anyone Fire you?

Professor Plum with the Syringe in the library

"Because they've been convinced by that... that book! That doctor - well, some other doctor... This doctor spent months writing a book trying to convince people my powers are fake! It happened to a lot of my fellow psychics. My business plummetted into the ground, and I'm one of the lucky ones!

But Mrs. Peacock is a true believer, and she would do anything to make sure my business stays afloat. I shouldn't have worried as much as I did!"

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:45 pm

ClueLover98, you said;

ImageImageImage

Now, ClueFan8888, as to your accusation...

ImageImageImage

Well, I can tell you that Doctor Orchid's corpse was found in the Library...
A syringe insertion point was found on the doctor's neck...
And the hand holding the syringe was Professor Plum!

"You know... In college, we were the unstoppable three. Oliver Plum, Rosemary Peacock, and Beverly Orchid, I mean. For those first few years, we always took the same few courses. No matter what, one of the three of us could ace the course, and help the others fudge our grades slightly if we were falling behind. We were unstoppable! Well, they were. I was always the one straggling behind while they moved onward and upwards.

But Mrs. Peacock... God, Mrs. Peacock...!

I would have gotten her to fall in love with me, I know I would! She cared so much about me...! But Beverly convinced her to cut me out of their little business major's clique, I flunked out of one class, and that was it. I had to go with the easiest degree from there on. Oceanology... Who cares about oceanology? Not Mrs. Peacock, star student moving into an incredibly competitive internship with Emperian. And not Doctor Orchid, who had to get her doctorate and teach at a prestigious university! No, only me, Professor Oliver Plum, some chump teaching at a fifth rate college in the bowels of California! I could've been successful! I could have been so much more.

And then I burned her papers. Did you hear what she yelled from the dining room? She didn't tell Mrs. Peacock to cut me out because she didn't care, she just wanted in! She thought she could push me over once again, like she always did! Like she did in college. I just... I know the doctor has a syringe in his bag. You can just inject air into the bloodstream to fake a natural death, you know. She was livid, she thought someone had stolen her papers. We had a little tussle in the library, and... I guess my methods were too smart for her.

I, ah... I've been nominated for tenure at Greyback State. This- This isn't going to come up, is it?"

Congratulations, ClueFan8888, for solving the murder of Dr. Beverly Orchid!
Last edited by Zoo977 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.