Super Cluedo/ Master detective homemade

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

ruckage
Snoop

Post by ruckage » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:50 pm

I just managed to get a full set of Super Cluedo weapons from Ebay for a bargain price so I'll be using those in my set. I have to say the quality of these pieces is fantastic.

I may add some of the other weapons from Super Cluedo challenge as optional extras to vary the difficulty as well. I was thinking the axe, the blunderbuss, the spanner and the pistol would all be different enough to be used as additional weapons. These pieces don't look as nice as the Super Cluedo pieces but they blend in well enough I think.

Here's a picture of all the weapons, the first 8 are the Super Cluedo/Master Detective pieces and the last 4 are from Super Cluedo Challenge.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:01 pm

ruckage wrote:I just managed to get a full set of Super Cluedo weapons from Ebay for a bargain price so I'll be using those in my set. I have to say the quality of these pieces is fantastic.

I may add some of the other weapons from Super Cluedo challenge as optional extras to vary the difficulty as well. I was thinking the axe, the blunderbuss, the spanner and the pistol would all be different enough to be used as additional weapons. These pieces don't look as nice as the Super Cluedo pieces but they blend in well enough I think.

Here's a picture of all the weapons, the first 8 are the Super Cluedo/Master Detective pieces and the last 4 are from Super Cluedo Challenge.
Definitely looks good enough. But you should really keep an eye out for Passport to Murder to get the Blunderbuss and Axe. You could even electroplate them to match at some point.

It's a shame about the Spanner though. There's no really high quality Spanner in any of the Cluedo editions. Except possibly the early 1949 editions. And that one could likely be electroplated as well. Though, it still doesn't have the detail and heft of the Super Cluedo & Passport weapons. Do you prefer the Walther PPK knock-ff design, rather than the Dreyse M1907 of the original game? I ask only because the earlier pistol is a much nicer token than the 60s update.

ruckage
Snoop

Post by ruckage » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Definitely looks good enough. But you should really keep an eye out for Passport to Murder to get the Blunderbuss and Axe. You could even electroplate them to match at some point.

It's a shame about the Spanner though. There's no really high quality Spanner in any of the Cluedo editions. Except possibly the early 1949 editions. And that one could likely be electroplated as well. Though, it still doesn't have the detail and heft of the Super Cluedo & Passport weapons. Do you prefer the Walther PPK knock-ff design, rather than the Dreyse M1907 of the original game? I ask only because the earlier pistol is a much nicer token than the 60s update.
It's really a matter of cost. I was just lucky that a set of' Super cluedo' weapons appeared on ebay and that I won them for a very reasonable price otherwise I would have just stuck with the standard weapons from 'super cluedo challenge'.

Passport to murder is another thing altogether, I sadly don't own a copy myself and finding used copies is difficult and they sell for quite a lot, I haven't seen any spare weapons for it listed on ebay either. (I could kick myself as I remember Aldi selling the game for a very low price years ago and I didn't buy it).

Regarding the gun - i know very little about them, the piece i have just happens to be the model used in super cluedo challenge - I don't think I've seen the earlier sculpt of the pistol.

thanoss99
Suspect

Post by thanoss99 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:11 am

ruckage, first off, this is a beautiful design!

I was wondering. Where did you get the clear, full images of Captain Brown, Peach and Slate-Gray for their cards you designed? I do not own Cluedo Super Challenge, but from what I see their cards are not complete (I've circled differences in green)

sorry if this is a noob question! Just curious
Image[/img]

ruckage
Snoop

Post by ruckage » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

thanoss99 wrote:ruckage, first off, this is a beautiful design!

I was wondering. Where did you get the clear, full images of Captain Brown, Peach and Slate-Gray for their cards you designed? I do not own Cluedo Super Challenge, but from what I see their cards are not complete (I've circled differences in green)

sorry if this is a noob question! Just curious
I actually painted in those missing areas myself. It's not perfect but looks okay I think. I can upload the edited images to imgur if they are useful to anyone on here.

thanoss99
Suspect

Post by thanoss99 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:53 pm

You should definitely post those - I think they look amazing. You tricked me! I thought you had some rare uncut version of the cards.