Cluedo: One Long Night - Interactive Forum Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Zoo977
Master Detective

Cluedo: One Long Night - Interactive Forum Game

Post by Zoo977 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:16 pm

Inventory:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Characters:

Image Rosa Chiffon - That's you. Mr. Boddy's maid for about a year now. The only person you know is innocent.

Image Miss Leona Scarlet - Engaged to Mr. Boddy's son. Mentally unstable. Was bludgeoned to death by someone, and had her body dumped in the hall.

Image Colonel Lionel Mustard - Mr. Boddy's brother. A retired military colonel from some war. Pretty judgmental and annoying.

Image Mrs. Maple White - The other housekeeper. Has been with Boddy since his first wife. Very quiet, very tall, and VERY imposing.

Image Mr. Forrest Green - Mr. Boddy's son from his second marriage. Very sleazy and greasy. Clearly related to lizards to some extent.

Image Mrs. Rosemary Peacock - Mr. Boddy's third wife. A pretty successful and strict woman. A LOT more understanding than Florian ever was.

Image Professor Oliver Plum - A professor of baroque literature... Whatever that is. Clearly hasn't slept in at least a week. Still pretty brainy.

Image Miss Amberlyn Peach - A student of Plum's. A southern bell who evidently knows Miss Scarlet. A precious cinnamon roll to be protected at all costs.

Image Sergeant Flint Grey - A police sergeant on a private island for some reason. All business. Displays distressingly little emotion given the situation.

Image Mr. Florian Boddy - Your former employer. Some millionaire of some descript. Decrepit, boring, and kind of awful. You found him decapitated.

Image Lady Olivia Oakwood - A woman you don't know anything about. You have a nagging suspicion she's still at least a little relevant.

------------

As I said, I'm working on a new project. I have a couple more rooms to draw before everything can be ready, so it'll still be a couple days, but I figured I'd put up a preview with some not at all serious cards. Get hype!

Last edited by Zoo977 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:29 pm

Those look amazing.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:39 am

Backstory

You are Rosa Chiffon, a young maid recently employed by one Mister Boddy. You never really wanted to be a maid - You always wanted to be a florist, and spend your days prancing mindlessly through fields of flowers, or whatever florists do. But once that fell through, you started looking for work as a maid. And your new employer... Oooh, what's the best way to put it?

You know, there's no nice way to put it. Mr. Boddy kinda sucks.

Yeah, you really don't like Mr. Boddy - or Florian, as he hates to be called. He's just doesn't care about you. Like, at all! He doesn't really have a grasp on how much work cleaning takes, nor a grasp on the idea that his housekeepers might want to have outside lives. So of course, when he wants to buy a mansion on a private island to be even more wasteful and frivolous, what does he do? But a mansion on a private island to be more wasteful and frivolous!

Without telling you or the other housekeeper more than a day in advance!

It's been a couple of months since you started living in the basement of this snobby house, and you still despise the fact that you have to ask Florian or his wife to boat you off the island to do anything on your own time. You really hate it here. You really hate it here...

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:12 pm

And before we officially begin, a quick map. For the sake of simplicity, the servants bathroom and the utility room will be inacessable for the entirety of the game.

Last edited by Zoo977 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:14 am

Would you be able to change the colour of the locked rooms so we can tell the difference between where we can and can't go?

WarnerPlum
Chopper Squad
Location: Sitting in my dusty bedroom in the United Kingdom - now where was that broom...

Post by WarnerPlum » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:55 am

I think I'm gonna like this! :o
"Caveat emptor, Plum: let the buyer beware."
"No, Boddy... YOU beware."
~ Blackmail!

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 am

I just updated the map as per Black's suggestion. Pretty much every graphic is done, so might as well get this on the road.

-----------------------------------------------

You are BORED.

Not just bored, bored to death. You'd think Mr. Boddy would want you to help out when a bunch of guests are expected, but noooOOOOoooo. "Your snive attitude would we best kept away from the other guests." Who says things like that anymore? Who says 'snive' or 'best kept away'?

GROAN.

So you've been down in the basement, watching anime and getting some chores finished down here. Absolutely nothing exciting whatsoever.

Just then, you hear a remote clunk coming from the laundry chute. "Oh god no," you think to yourself, as you reach out to open the chute. "If this is another one of Florian's billion dollar suits with one of those inexplicable crusty green stains, I am gonna..."

Oh.

To be perfectly fair, at least it isn't an inexplicably stained suit.

> Examine (General or specific - I.E., "Examine" or "Examine ratty toupe")
> Search (General or specific)
> Put down severed head
> Other (Be creative!)

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:54 am

Examine the head.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:08 am

You're at least ten percent sure he's dead.

But as for how he died... you're not really sure. There's pretty much no blood around the neck, so his decapitation must have happened well after he died. The severed flesh and skin dangle precariously in varying sizes and shapes of carnage, flapping worthlessly with the jitters running through your body. If you had to guess, his neck must have been sawed through.

As for what actually killed him... It looks like he was beaten over the head. But even pushing that nasty excuse for a headpiece out of the way, you can't make out any kind of a shape for his murder weapon. Something blunt - that's all you're sure of.

> Examine
> Search
> Put down severed head
> Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:14 am

Put the head down.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:07 am

After standing there holding the head for what feels like hours, you gently plop his head back into the chute and close the door, so you don't get gross corpse fluid all over your nice hamper.

You grab your oversized feather duster off of the wall you propped it up on. Well, this party's certainly gonna be interesting.

The oversized feather duster's been added to your inventory. All inventory items will be displayed on the first page. To use an inventory item, simply say what item you're talking about, and specify how you want to use it. Remember, you're still just a maid, so you'll only be able to carry items you could reasonably fit into your apron pockets. Your trusty feather duster is the only exception to this rule.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take (Specify)
>Use inventory item
>Move (Your room / The other housekeeper's room / Upstairs)
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:13 pm

If that's rope in the cupboard, I think we should take it.

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:43 pm

Rope... You don't know why, but you don't like the idea of leaving rope lying around in a house where someone was just decapitated. It's a bit bulky, but you cram the bundle of rope down your apron pockets nevertheless.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Your room / The other housekeeper's room / Upstairs)
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:45 pm

Let's go up stairs

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:09 pm

You trundle your way up the stairs, and end up in the main hall.

This hall is HUGE! And also very extravegant and frivolous. But mostly big. You can access any ground floor room from this central hall, as well as the two bedrooms. Wait, no, I'm sorry - the winter and autumn bedrooms. (Why does Boddy demand you use those names anyways?)

You can hear some chatter coming from the dining room and the kitchen.

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Use inventory item
>Move (Downstairs / Winter bedroom / Autumn bedroom / Kitchen / Dining Room / Billiard Room / Study / Lounge / Library / Ballroom / Conservatory / Powder room)
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Move to dining room

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:54 pm

As you walk in, your initial thought is, who even are half these people? Your second thought is horrible flashbacks to holding a severed head, but that's not important. These people are smiling and politely clapping... They clearly have no idea what just happened. What should you do?

>Cut everyone off and announce the murder
>Prevent yourself from speaking and see how the scene plays out
>Start politely clapping with the guests
>Other

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Prevent yourself from speaking and see how the scene plays out

Zoo977
Master Detective

Post by Zoo977 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:41 am

"Ah ha ha... Thank you so much."

Instead of saying anything, Mr. Boddy's son just stands there. He always reminded you of a lizard for some reason. Maybe it's the green. Maybe it's the face. Maybe it's the fact he is clearly a human-lizard hybrid.

The red woman you don't reacognize and Mr. Boddy's son seem to be the only two not clapping.

"Have you picked a wedding date?"

"Nothing's been decided yet." Mr. Boddy's wife says. "Please, I'm sure you all have a lot of questions, so please feel free to ask the lucky couple. I have something else I must attend to immediately."

As she starts her last sentence, she faces you, her polite smile wavering slightly. She motions towards the kitchen door.

The cute orange girl you don't reacognize whispers to the tired purple guy you don't recognize.

"Pssst... Professor, who is that?"

"Huh? Uh... I don't know."

>Look/Examine
>Search
>Take
>Talk
>Use inventory item
>Move (Billiard Room / Kitchen / Hall)
>Other

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:37 pm

I think the best thing to do is take someone into our confidence. But first, I'd like to know more about Miss Peach - Talk to Miss Peach