Cluedome 0.8.2 help needed please

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

swordlady
Suspect

Cluedome 0.8.2 help needed please

Post by swordlady » Fri May 28, 2010 1:10 am

Hi all. I've been trying forever to uninstall the very obsolete Cluedome 0.8.2 from my computer. I'm missing a file -- unins000.dat or something like that. Even Revo Uninstaller won't uninstall it.

I can't find the program anywhere online to re-download. Would anybody here happen to have it, and be able to email it to me, or know where I could find it online? It's bugging me that I can't remove it.

Many thanks!

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:36 am

It's changed it's name to MurderSpot. Install MurderSpot. It should most likely overwrite all the old Cluedome stuff. It's the basically the same programme but with a different name and a different board. They've had to change some stuff because of copyright reasons.

swordlady
Suspect

Post by swordlady » Fri May 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Thanks much. I saw the name change, but didn't realize that it was basically the same. I hope that it will get rid of all the odds and ends of Cluedome on my machine. Greatly appreciated. :wink:

Adam106 wrote:It's changed it's name to MurderSpot. Install MurderSpot. It should most likely overwrite all the old Cluedome stuff. It's the basically the same programme but with a different name and a different board. They've had to change some stuff because of copyright reasons.

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Fri May 28, 2010 7:27 pm

Sorry to ask, but what exactly is Cluedome/MurderSpot? What do you do? How is it played? How does the chat work?

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Sat May 29, 2010 5:07 am

You basically play Clue online with different characters/weapons/rooms.

swordlady
Suspect

Post by swordlady » Sat May 29, 2010 9:07 pm

I never was able to get the game to work. With its release number being 0.8.2, that tells me it's merely an alpha, not even a beta release which would be bad enough.

I did install MurderSpot, even into the same folder as Cluedome, and it unfortunately didn't uninstall Cluedome for me. I do appreciate the suggestion though. All the best.