Let's Play Clue! - Game #10 - No Man's Island

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

TheBilliardRoom
Detective

Post by TheBilliardRoom » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 am

As Miss Russet and Mr. Blizzard wandered across the island looking for clues, Miss Russet thought back to when they had both been hiding in the lighthouse.

Mr. Blizzard had handed the Count's rifle to her. He had armed himself with a wrench, apparently used to repair the lighthouse when it malfunctioned. She kept watch from the lighthouse balcony, ready to shoot at any sign of danger. The lighthouse was not very tall, so she could perhaps get a lucky shot at anyone who dared to venture too near. Suddenly she noticed a flash of movement in the nearby forest. Instinctively she fired the rifle. She wasn't sure if she had missed her target or not...

"I've been thinking..." Miss Russet said. "You remember when we were at the lighthouse, and I fired the gun?" Mr. Blizzard nodded. "Maybe I hit the Count," she continued, "and he managed to drag himself to where he was found?"

ProfesorSvestka
Slueth

Post by ProfesorSvestka » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:16 pm

While Mrs. Mandarin quietly composed herself, Mr. Cobalt quietly murmured something in Miss Russet's ear.

(ProfesorSvestka can disprove)

OOC: I think there may be some confusion. Technically it's my turn, but munitzer never went at the end of the previous round. So, if I'm not mistaken it's his turn.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:22 pm

Yes, you're right ProfSvestka about the confusion. However, it's LC's turn, not munitzer.
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

ProfesorSvestka
Slueth

Post by ProfesorSvestka » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Ah, my mistake. Well then, cue Lord Caspen to suggest.

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Okay, well it looks as if we've got no choice but skip ahead to your suggestion, ProfSvestka. It appears as if LC has some things to work out before he can continue. So...

Cue ProfSvestka
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

ProfesorSvestka
Slueth

Post by ProfesorSvestka » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Mr. Cobalt, suddenly realizing he was quite hungry after the day's exertions, left the group and quietly made his way to the Kitchen. He rummaged in the pantry and refrigerators and made himself a sandwich. As he chewed, he reflected on what the others had said, especially about Mrs. Mandarin. After all, she did seem quite upset when people suggested she might be the murderer. What if she had? There were several places she could have easily ambushed the Count. And there were more than enough weapons around that didn't require any real physical advantage. "It really could be possible." he mused aloud. "She could have shot him with the Crossbow in the Greenhouse for example."

(Mrs. Mandarin in the Greenhouse with the Crossbow.)

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:24 am

Dr. Orchid who had been strangely buzzing around the Kitchen during the evening, walked in from the connecting door to the Dining Room where she had been watching Mr. Cobalt.

"I can always appreciate a good theory," she spoke up, startling Cobalt, who had been deep in thought, "But, I'm afraid that one or two flaws can be found in that line of logic..."

Her matter-of-fact tone reflected on her PhD, and Jacob could easily detect it as he heard the woman disproving his thoughts."

[CMustard can disprove]
[Cue PeachFreak to suggest]

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:39 pm

Quiet tired of the suspicious going-ons inside the house, Gospozha Turkis wandered outside. Melancholily, she stared out at the ocean, wishing she had never left Russia in the first place.

"Is everything all right?" Detective Arsenic asked gruffly, seemingly materializing out of thin air.

"You scared me, Detective," the woman turned to look at him, though if she had been startled, she refused to show it. Rather, she spoke rather flatly-feigning boredom

"Sorry...I, uh, found another secret passageway."

"You're good at sneaking up on people. Perhaps you snuck up on the Count."

"I certainly did not," Arsenic frowned, insulted.

"Well, I'm willing to believe you. After all, I suspect that whoever did this was a rather...clean murderer...therefore, more likely to be female from my perspective," Turkis nodded. "After all, most of these other ladies are not as daring as I. They certainly wouldn't be able to bring themselves to kill with guns and spears. Too messy and physical, understand?"

"What do you mean?"

"Understandably, I'd have no trouble spearing that horrible dead man had I the chance, but consider this. The Count pauses near the brook to fill his canteen, and while he's distracted, someone slips some a drop of poison into his water and runs. Now, this method is nice and neat, while remaining non-confrontational, correct?"

"I suppose," Arsenic stroked his chin, pondering.

"Then the Count wanders away...before keeling over and tripping down the stairs...thus to account for the state his body is in," Turkis decided. "Of course, this is only speculation, but...I can't say I necessarily doubt its truth."

"Well, who do ya think could have done it, then?"

"Perhaps Miss Saffron...It seems plausible enough...And I don't see any evidence to say otherwise."

(PeachFreak suggests Miss Saffron-Rat Poison-Brook)
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:15 pm

Mr. Viridan had been out for a meditative stroll, and had been approaching the duo as Turkis was telling Arsenic her suspicions.

He couldn't help eavesdropping, and once he had heard Turkis' hunches, he had to speak up.

"Pardon me, folks. Please don't think it rude of me if and when I tell you why you're mistaken..."

[CMustard can disprove]
[Cue LordCapsen to suggest]

Lord Caspen
Court Stenographer

Turn

Post by Lord Caspen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:37 pm

Dr Black, who had got thoroughly toshed in celebration of defeat of the Count, lay passed out on a sofa in the Newspaper Room*. Miss Blond gazed down at him and murmured,

"Could you have done it? Did you rescue me in turn?"

She considered the possibility that he might have beaten the Count with the Crowbar in the Kitchen next door, and that all this booze was a way of escaping the memory of it. She began by making discreet inquiries among the others. She'd start with that Saffron woman.

If her guess were correct, she needed to find the evidence first -- and destroy it. Or them.

* A curious litle chamber on the ground floor, connecting the Solarium and the Kitchen, which, it turned out, was devoted to the purpose of ironing daily newspapers before they were presented to the master.

[LC suggests BLACK with the CROWBAR in the KITCHEN]
It's discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -- Blithe Spirit, Noel Coward.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Re: Turn

Post by Murder by Death » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:43 pm

INTERRUPTING PLAY
Lord Caspen wrote:* A curious litle chamber on the ground floor, connecting the Solarium and the Kitchen, which, it turned out, was devoted to the purpose of ironing daily newspapers before they were presented to the master.
Wow! Yet another amazing contribution to world of Cluedo! I love your ideas! What a brilliant concept! Just had to comment.

END INTERRUPTION

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Miss Saffron looked around. "I'm not quite sure if I should be doing this or not, but I don't know anything that could prove otherwise. Do you, Milo?"

Mr. Meadow-Brook glared suspiciously at Dr. Black as he shook his head.

[munitzer cannot disprove]
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:39 pm

LC and MBD... Too bad Count Sanguine's a total recluse, and is the only one living on the island year round, other than his "guests." Other than that, it's a pretty interesting concept for a room.

Mrs. Mandarin entered the room.

"You're wrong," she exclaimed, "You're just wrong!"

[ProfSvestka can disprove]
[Cue munitzer to suggest]

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Mr. Meadow-Brook and Miss Saffron were whispering to each other. Oddly enough, though, neither of them was fully absolved from suspicion from the other. They had agreed to work together to discover the culprit ... or corroborate their evidence against someone else.

"Do you really think it was ...?" Miss Saffron's voice faded.

Nodding, Mr. Meadow-Brook turned to the others gathered.

"Excuse me, but I am rather certain that I've noticed a few inconsistencies in people's stories. Therefore, I'd like to suggest that Dr. Black, you, killed the count with the hunting knife in the tool shed."

[munitzer suggests Dr. Black with the hunting knife in the tool shed]
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:02 pm

"Wrong again!" Mrs. Mandarin exclaimed.

"Quiet!!!" Dr. Black shouted as he woke up groggily, "Had a lifetime of these, and it still hits me like a brick wall every time!"

"Sorry, Doctor," Mr. Cobalt apologized on his companion's behalf, "but she had reason to shout..."

[cue CMustard to suggest]

CMustardwPipeinLibrary
"old Mustards don't really appeal to me"

Post by CMustardwPipeinLibrary » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Mr. Viridian held his ears at Mrs. Mandarin's yelling.

"Would that woman please shut up?" he asked to no one in particular.

"It seems that as long as she's sure she's right, she won't be shutting up any time soon," Dr. Orchid replied.

After a moment's pause, Mr. Viridian smiled a little. "I think I have an idea..."

As Dr. Orchid braced herself (she didn't get a good feeling about the tone of his remark), Mr. Viridian stepped forward and dramatically pointed a finger at Mrs. Mandarin. "I think it was you! You killed him in the, uh, Butterfly Room with... uh... a Rifle... probably?"

Dr. Orchid rolled her eyes and shook her head. She whispered to Mr. Viridian, "You just made that up on the spot, didn't you?"

"Yes," Mr. Viridian whispered back, "but hopefully it was enough to shake her up. If we get any information from this, though, that would be great."

[CMustardwPipeinLibrary suggests Mrs. Mandarin with the Rifle in the Butterfly Room]
"Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right!"

Are you gullible? Click here to find out!

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Miss Saffron leaned into Mr. Meadow-Brook's ear. "I told you that that wasn't right."

Quickly, Mr. Meadow-Brook turned toward her, Miss Saffron's wrist clenched in his grip. "Listen, I took this trip to get away from a woman who nags me all the time, so shut up and help me find out who did it, where, and with what or else I'm going to start telling everyone you did it. Got it?"

Swallowing, Miss Saffron nodded. "Let me," she told him, her tone subdued, "look over my notes again."

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:04 pm

"Don't even think about it," Mr. Cobalt warned Mrs. Mandarin who was about to shout again, and now suddenly looked very sheepish.

"Sorry, everyone. I just got excited, my nerves are getting somewhat frazzled. We need to get off this island."

"First, we need to know who murdered the Count, then we can figure out what to do about it before we get rescued. Not exactly the best situation to have the rescuers coming and discover someone murdered. Anyways, as you were saying, Mr. Viridan, I need to explain why it's incorrect..."

It is TheBilliardRoom's turn. However, because no one has guessed the saboteur yet, this round will be dedicated to discovering who the saboteur could be. There is one condition though. Your saboteur suggestion must be PM'ed. If at least one of you guess the saboteur right, his or her comeuppance will be served. However, if none of you gets it, there may be an even stickier twist...

After Mr. Cobalt had disproved Mr. Viridan's suggestions, it seemed as if almost everyone had gathered in the room. A round of yawns seemed to cue bedtime for the guests.

"Well," one of them said, rising, "I think this would be an opportune time for everyone to retire to bed..."

"Yes," said another, "It's certainly been a long day. I'm dead tired. Oh, dear..."

A chorus of goodnight's rang out as everyone went off to their respective bedrooms. Sleep did not come easily as everyone had thought, as they kept going over the events in the course of the past 24 hours. The murder of the Count... The hunt... Being shipwrecked...

In fact, some of them began to have a inking about exactly why or how they had been shipwrecked. Sabotage had became a notion worth pondering about...

Players, PM me your Saboteur suggestions.

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:10 pm

Realizing that his revolver was missing, Mr. Meadow-Brook looked worriedly about him. Could someone have taken it? Could it have been used to kill the Count? But who would do such a thing? Where? Not to mention: why?

Still, he was perturbed as he noticed Miss Saffron lounging. She had appeared to become relaxed on the island now-content, if not happy with all the circumstances. Could she ...?

Mr. Meadow-Brook retreated into the house, where it was cooler, quieter, and calmer. However, he found himself in the armory. Perhaps ....

[munitzer suggests Miss Saffron with the revolver in the armory]

CMustardwPipeinLibrary
"old Mustards don't really appeal to me"

Post by CMustardwPipeinLibrary » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:21 pm

[All right, I waited for PrinceAzure33, but apparently, PrinceAzure33's busy. I'm taking this into my own hands.]

Dr. Orchid and Mr. Viridian were discussing their thoughts in the Armory as Mr. Meadow-Brook entered. When he told them his idea, Dr. Orchid replied, "I'm sorry, but that simply can't be the case. I think you should've known that by now... OK, I'm going to spell it out for you..."

[CMustardwPipeinLibrary can disprove]

"...and that's why you're wrong," Dr. Orchid finished. "Unfortunately, it doesn't tell us much about what the truth is."

Mr. Viridian spoke up. "There are a few common specifics in all of the ideas that we've come up with that haven't been able to be rebutted, you know."

"That's true," Dr. Orchid agreed. "So where does that leave us?"

"What if we take those ideas and combine them? Wouldn't that give us a workable solution?"

After a moment's thought, Dr. Orchid said, "Well, it might work, but then again, it might not. What did you have in mind?"

"Mrs. Mandarin with a Hatchet at the Lighthouse, perhaps?"

After a pause, Dr. Orchid replied, "Well, I don't see any obvious reason why it couldn't be that..."

[CMustardwPipeinLibrary suggests Mrs. Mandarin with the Hatchet at the Lighthouse]

[Cue either TheBilliardRoom to attempt to disprove, or PrinceAzure33 to cut in, whichever happens first]
"Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right!"

Are you gullible? Click here to find out!