Clue Family Guy edition coming

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Scrunchy3
Suspect

Clue Family Guy edition coming

Post by Scrunchy3 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:42 pm

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Oh no...

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:13 pm

If done right, it could be really good.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Adam106 wrote:If done right, it could be really good.
As CluedoKid has show us, it definitely will be really good:

Who wants to take bets, somebody saw CluedoKid's treatment here and it copies his characters exactly?

Last edited by Murder by Death on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Except Peter probably will be Mr. Green and not have his Holy Freakin' Bible. :wink:

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:06 pm

CluedoKid wrote:Except Peter probably will be Mr. Green and not have his Holy Freakin' Bible. :wink:
Is that what that says? LOL Love it!

Let's hope it's licensed for both the UK & US as well. How big is Family Guy in the UK? There are just some times when Reverend Green must be used. I would hope by now, that games could be made with either/or, regardless what territory they are sold in.

The Simpsons is another example where Homer would have been a fantastic Rev. Green, instead of Mr. Green which he is worldwide, even in the Cluedo editions. Such a shame considering Homer's stance on "Jebus" and relationship with Flanders.

go_leafs_nation
Trigger Man

Post by go_leafs_nation » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:38 pm

And God is his favourite fictional character.
The two women exchanged the kind of glance women use when no knife is handy.
~Ellery Queen
At the Scene of the Crime

fendue
Biometrics Examiner

Post by fendue » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:49 pm

go_leafs_nation wrote:And God is his favourite fictional character.
he he

I think it might work. I'm just not a huge fan of Family Guy, so that's contributing to it. Meh.

Scrunchy3
Suspect

Re: Clue Family Guy edition coming

Post by Scrunchy3 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:29 pm

the artwork is up now

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Re: Clue Family Guy edition coming

Post by Murder by Death » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Scrunchy3 wrote:the artwork is up now
Not liking the box cover, hopefully it will change like DTS did. And too bad CluedoKid, it looks like Peter is going to be Col. Mustard. And assuming Stewie is wearing his costume in the game, he's Mr. Green (that or Mr. Peacock). Too bad. And the Griffen's house? Well it's the closest to Clue yet, but seems to be somewhat limiting for the appeal of the Family Guy universe.

ProfessorPlum54
Special Investigator

Post by ProfessorPlum54 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:50 pm

Some more Family Guy/Clue News.

From July '09-
http://www.filmhobbit.com/television/Co ... 18840.html

"When asked about upcoming episodes, the following nuggets came out.....
There is an hour long “Clue� type episode in the next year."

I didn't read this until just today, but I've been watching most of the Family Guy episodes and haven't seen it. Hopefully they didn't cancel it!!!
Green - "If he was such a patriotic American, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?"
Wadsworth - "He decided to put his information to good use and make a little money out of it. What can be more American than that?"

ProfessorPlum54
Special Investigator

Post by ProfessorPlum54 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:54 pm

http://tvrage.com/Family_Guy/episodes/1064889414

The “Who Done It� Clue Episode

Sunday September 26th, 2010

!!

Hoorah!
Green - "If he was such a patriotic American, why didn't he just report us to the authorities?"
Wadsworth - "He decided to put his information to good use and make a little money out of it. What can be more American than that?"

ProfessorPlum54
Special Investigator

Post by ProfessorPlum54 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 pm

"In this murder mystery special, The Griffins as well as all the other major characters become trapped in a mansion while they are killed off one by one."

http://sharetv.org/shows/family_guy/epi ... 9964/09x01

"Comment by MacFarlane: Dominic Polcino is directing the hour-long Agatha Christie-like Family Guy “Clue� episode which takes place in a mansion in the middle of nowhere and features every regular character, all together."

http://www.planet-familyguy.com/news/re ... -dark-side

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:21 am

I have to say I think CluedoKid nailed the characterizations perfectly.

But if Stewie is playing Mrs. Peacock as a man, at least that association with Peacock's character works for him, as the aristocratic grande dame. Its just too bad, if true, that they couldn't dress Stewie up in a dress as it would be if they spoofed Clue on the series. In fact it's just flat out wrong. (sorry CluedoKid, but Stewie just wouldn't be White now that I think about it – Peg would certainly be the put-upon, disregarded White).

I think they really messed up making Peter Mustard though. He's a much more manipulative Green type. Certainly Chris can't be Green, he simply doesn't have the brains, would have made a better blustery, buffoonish Col. – and he's blonde! Come to think of it, they probably did it for the same reason as Niteshade007 suggested for not making Stewie a cross-dressing White, that the head of the family, Homer, was Mr. Green in the Simpsons' edition.

So that means Plum will be dumb and nerdy instead of smart and contemplative, which is exactly what Brian is. Since Brian could be either, that's likely what will happen. On the other hand, Chris or Brian (the atheist) would make a good Rev. Green. So either way. the edition to have is the Cluedo version! Too bad they won't likely make it (with Rev. Green anyway).

Actually if anyone should be Mr.Green it's Stewie, and if not Stewie for obvious reasons, then Peter as CluedoKid correctly depicted it first.

Sadly potentially 4 of the six characters are just going to be wrong.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:50 am

ProfessorPlum54 wrote:the hour-long Agatha Christie-like Family Guy “Clue� episode which takes place in a mansion in the middle of nowhere and features every regular character, all together."
This explains sooooo much. Thank you. Obviously the game is tied to the episode as promotion. Perhaps the episode will explain why the Griffins take on the personas they do.

How great is that, a new Clue game and a 1-hour show to go with it!

However, if "every regular" character is there, it's more like And Then There Were None as there are 10 Regular characters: the Griffins + Joe, Quagmire, Cleveland, Mayor West. Perhaps they will parody the Clue movie and have the six plus, six more, including Herbert and Mort – who are the ones who get killed off.
Last edited by Murder by Death on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:56 am

Cleveland isn't on the show anymore. He has his own (much worse) show. Although Family Guy itself hasn't been great recently.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:06 am

Niteshade007 wrote:Cleveland isn't on the show anymore.
Not this season. But he has had guest appearances, and the Cleveland show may not be picked up for next season when the "Clue" episode is scheduled to air. I think people still consider him one of the regulars, and it wouldn't preclude him from making a guest appearance.

The Cleveland Show was a mistake in my opinion.

Otherwise, there are other regular characters like Tom Tucker and Carter Pewterschmidt. Hard to know which ones he was referencing exactly.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:52 am

I think it looks quite promising. Seems to have more of a cartoony charm than the other recent games.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:11 pm

Adam106 wrote:Seems to have more of a cartoony charm than the other recent games.
That's true. It has the same zany charm as the 1963 US edition. Unlike the Simpsons which is more sophisticated art somehow. I just hope the game isn't set in stone. 9 rooms in Griffin's house just seems really dull and boring, I mean what would they be? The Living Room, the kitchen/dining, the screen porch, the bathroom, 4 bedrooms (yawn), garage, and basement/center?

I really hope it's like the disclaimer on the Urban Game Collector site and the manufacturer is seeding pre-orders to gauge interest in the game and how many to produce. Since the promotional tie in is 8 months away, the game could be far from set in stone and there's still hope for Stewie in drag, and more interesting locations from the Family Guy universe.

And let's hope the 1 hour special has more to it than this grisly Family Guy Clue script.

But I think TheWhitePawn put it best in a previous thread, in that there are no Clue editions which are 100% satisfactory to everyone. One of the biggest disappointments to me on the Simpsons edition was that Moe's Tavern was left off. But the Family Guy seems to be making a lion's share of disappointing choices.

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:09 pm

I rather agree with the selections made thus far, but I cannot make too much of an opinion from a boxer cover.

I read that James Woods will be returning for that whodunit episode.