Clue Current Thoughts

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Post Reply
coinilius
Junior Detective
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by coinilius » Mon May 11, 2020 10:04 pm

Didit, De’ath and Mystique have all been used in official sources so they exist and need to be included in the repository, regardless of what people think - mileage certainly varies about what works and doesn’t work as a suitable name and a repository like this will have to include all of them to be effective, IMO.

Also forgot that this is the current thoughts thread and not the character repository thread lol
Last edited by coinilius on Mon May 11, 2020 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coinilius
Junior Detective
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by coinilius » Mon May 11, 2020 10:09 pm

I’ve kind of made my peace with De’ath and Mystique as well by combining them with Lady Sarah and Inspector Klein to imagine an alternate set of suspects who are all non-colour names (by combining names from the various versions). Mr De’ath I feel as well would work as a one off character in a novel or something...

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Jonathan Green » Tue May 12, 2020 10:59 pm

Has anyone noticed the house from that Family Guy episode, “And then there were fewer”, looks like Hill House from the 1985 Clue movie?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Look at it! A nearly the same!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list= ... sbWnDFurcv
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

User avatar
BBP
Detective
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by BBP » Sun May 31, 2020 12:59 pm

That Tower of Terror Clue gave me the idea for De Lift Cluedo. God help us all if that happens.

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun May 31, 2020 4:30 pm

BBP wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 12:59 pm
That Tower of Terror Clue gave me the idea for De Lift Cluedo. God help us all if that happens.
A Clue game about a murdering elevator?
Sounds like something Stephen King would write, I meet he wrote about killer cars, TWICE!

Also, I remember hearing about a German musical about a haunted staircase that kills people.
If you can have a musical about a talking plant, why not stairs...
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Junior Detective
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by coinilius » Sun May 31, 2020 6:13 pm

Naomi Watts appeared in a movie called Down, renamed The Shaft after The Ring came out, that was a remake of the movie De Lift about a killer elevator.

User avatar
Zoo977
Master Detective
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Zoo977 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:17 pm

The new animal crossing game has a whole feature where you can like, decorate rooms and arrange characters to make little scenes.

I know Black said he's sick to death of animal crossing junk, but I'm wondering if you guys would be interested in a silly little one-off case made with the feature? It'd be very non-serious, just a silly stupid case
Stop winking at me, you oversexed Frenchman!

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun May 31, 2020 9:23 pm

Zoo977 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:17 pm
The new animal crossing game has a whole feature where you can like, decorate rooms and arrange characters to make little scenes.

I know Black said he's sick to death of animal crossing junk, but I'm wondering if you guys would be interested in a silly little one-off case made with the feature? It'd be very non-serious, just a silly stupid case
Not a video game type of guy, but I have seen some Animal Crossing rooms on Pinterest when looking for rooms design, and I have to say they’re perfect nice!
Sure, I love to see that!
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

User avatar
chaosemerald
Spy
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:33 pm
Location: In the ballroom

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by chaosemerald » Sun May 31, 2020 10:01 pm

I think that would be cute Zoo.

User avatar
BBP
Detective
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by BBP » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:35 am

coinilius wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 6:13 pm
Naomi Watts appeared in a movie called Down, renamed The Shaft after The Ring came out, that was a remake of the movie De Lift about a killer elevator.
I was wondering how you knew that film... :)

Tried to watch it again - it's a sort-of Dutch horror classic along with Amsterdamned (by the same director and starring the same lead actor, and that's the film that scarred me when I was 7) but... gaaah...

coinilius
Junior Detective
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by coinilius » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:12 am

De Lift was released as The Lift in the Uk, Australia etc although I haven’t actually seen the original, only the remake (I kind of want to watch the original now!)

User avatar
BBP
Detective
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by BBP » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:49 am

It's on Youtube, both in the original Dutch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHK8TXDZSU0

And with English dub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFG116rS12M

coinilius
Junior Detective
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by coinilius » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:53 am

BBP wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:49 am
It's on Youtube, both in the original Dutch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHK8TXDZSU0

And with English dub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFG116rS12M
Thanks for the links!

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Jonathan Green » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:01 am

Two girls riff on the 2011 miniseries:
https://youtu.be/091283gQRzs
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

coinilius
Junior Detective
Posts: 660
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by coinilius » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:13 am

Jonathan Green wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:01 am
Two girls riff on the 2011 miniseries:
https://youtu.be/091283gQRzs
Still got to watch that miniseries - got it bookmarked but haven't gotten around to watching it yet!

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:41 pm

“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6336
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Black » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:57 pm

I found this on the new Clue Liar edition, looks like they've done away with the corridor spaces like on normal boards and from the looks of things. You've got the 6 New classic suspects and the 9 classic rooms but a brand new selection of weapons.

They've improved Orchid's design, I like Scarlet and Mustard too.
Green looks off to me, I don't like Peacock's design and Plum is alright

Still don't know how to play the game nor when it'll be available to purchase https://www.kidtoy.ca/fiche-produit.asp ... 2&langid=1

Jonathan Green
Master Detective
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:43 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Jonathan Green » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:06 pm

Black wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:57 pm
I found this on the new Clue Liar edition, looks like they've done away with the corridor spaces like on normal boards and from the looks of things. You've got the 6 New classic suspects and the 9 classic rooms but a brand new selection of weapons.

They've improved Orchid's design, I like Scarlet and Mustard too.
Green looks off to me, I don't like Peacock's design and Plum is alright

Still don't know how to play the game nor when it'll be available to purchase https://www.kidtoy.ca/fiche-produit.asp ... 2&langid=1
I remember it’s coming around this Fall.
“Really Plum?!” - Mr. Green (Clue VCR, 1985)
IG:https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

User avatar
Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor
Posts: 2623
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Murder by Death » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:11 pm

And some kind of gimmicky button in the center — or is that a standard feature for these liar éditons?

I wonder how this work exactly .. Clues mechanics would be impossible if people lied ...

Black
Bindle Stiff
Posts: 6336
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: In the Billiard Rm with the Wrench

Re: Clue Current Thoughts

Post by Black » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:32 pm

My guess it works like the Monopoly Cheaters Edition, you have cheat cards that you have to try and pull off but if you're caught, someone hits the buzzer and you must do a penalty

Just one off the top of my head. Suggest any location you are not in

Post Reply