Clue Characters

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators:Michael, BBP, Tum

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:40 am

Murder by Death wrote:
munitzer wrote:I think that the concept of a M. Brunette is completely different from the image that I would get from a Mr. Brown. Does it lay it on thickly? Perhaps, more than likely yes, but it serves its purpose.
A purpose best not served. LOL
Agreed.

I find the additional suspects from Master Detectives and the VCR Games to be underwelming to say the least. I am by no means a fan of their portrayals either. To me, the original 6 are stock characters. To me, those additional 4 are caricatures. To me, there is a difference.

This isn't too off topic, but has a Clue game ever explicitly said that it was set in the US? As I recall, Discover the Secrets even just says that it was a house in the hills. They're undoubtedly alluding to Beverly Hills, but I don't think there has been a Clue game that has ever directly taken the setting away from England. I could be wrong, though.

If that is the case, then that would explain why M. Brunette would have showed up in Clue. Americans created someone they thought would fit into England despite them being an ocean away from it.
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

MissScarletDidntDoIt
Crime Lab Scientist

Post by MissScarletDidntDoIt » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:33 am

Since when isn't peacock blue a colour? I've seen "peacock blue" a number of times to describe a shade of blue. I believe it's a teal-ish blue.

As for Meadow-Brook, I can't stand the name. Meadow and brook are not colours. It would be like Mr. Tree instead of Mr. Green, or Mrs. Cloud instead of Mrs. White.

Another thing, is anyone bugged by the fact that Rusty is the only character without a title? I personally don't mind this, but I do mind that the last name they chose for him is Nayler.
Last edited by MissScarletDidntDoIt on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:11 pm

Everything is wrong about Rusty.

CMustardwPipeinLibrary
"old Mustards don't really appeal to me"

Post by CMustardwPipeinLibrary » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Meh, I've heard worse puns.
"Are you trying to make me look stupid in front of the other guests?"
"You don't need any help from me, sir."
"That's right!"

Are you gullible? Click here to find out!

Green
Detective

Post by Green » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:40 am

A few of my little thoughts and opinions.

I like it when Mr. Boddy's color is black. Dark gray is understandable when Dr. Black is included. Flesh tones are terrible haha.

Rusty is my least favorite of all the characters. He's worse than Azure and Lavender. If he had a title, I might hate him less, but as he is I can't sand him.

I like Brunette, Peach, Gray, and Rose. I could live without most of the other characters though, including the Meadow-Brooks. I'd love to see a game that included Lady Oakwood somehow though.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:39 pm

I've always hated Miss Peach, she's to sweet and innocent, people like that make me sick.

PeachFreak
Highbinder

Post by PeachFreak » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:02 pm

*Blink*

That's a bit harsh for a game pawn....
"Like my daddy always says, give me a good neuromuscular poison any day."

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:58 pm

Miss Peach is awesome! Have you every considered that maybe she only acts like that to hide her evil side?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 am

Adam106 wrote:Miss Peach is awesome! Have you every considered that maybe she only acts like that to hide her evil side?
Maybe, but I've always hated people that are all warm and fluffy. Even in the VHS version, I always hated her character.

Adam106
Hatchet Man

Post by Adam106 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 am

I try to imagine her as not being too "fluffy", you know? Just a little bit alongside being a little flirtatious, peppy and a bit sinister.

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:53 pm

A bit like this character, if you know who she is.

http://www.zentendo.com/media/albums/us ... pgcopy.jpg