Clue Rumors Game

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:58 pm

the case files - kind of like the dvd games - are my attempt to add a few different layers to the game; instead of including set biographies for the suspects and victim and a permenant setting (like clue 2002, 2008), the suspect biographies change for each case file, as does the premise (there will be a standard case file, a clue fx-esque case file, a hollywood case file, a political case file, etc etc)

at least, that's the concept i'm running with now
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 pm

box cover:

"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 pm

yes, i have replaced helen mirren (smiles on my part) for mrs white and will be going back and maing the proper changes eventually

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:13 pm

my current working template for a case file in the instruction booklet:

criticisms appreciated; i'm not sure that i feel satisfied with this ... should i expand the story and character descriptions or would that be excessive?

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:11 pm

munitzer wrote:criticisms appreciated
There is honestly nothing to criticize, you did an awesome job and should be proud :) :)

The Suspect choices are wonderful I adore every actor you chose..

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:12 pm

I really like them as well, and I like the bios and story changing every case file, but I think it might be a tad confusing, to have White go from like a maid to a campaign manager in every story, but maybe I don't quite fully understand the Case File deal.
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:24 pm

the string of games (clue 2002, clue fx, clue mysteries, clue dvd game) all revolved around characters and settings that did not change; specifically, the clue dvd game had 10 mysteries that ran in chronological order and went together - the suspects were always the same; the case files in clue rumors - as they stand now - are stand-alone mysteries (after all - how many times can mr boddy get killed?) where the victim's biography, the suspects' biographies, and situations change with each mystery; the mrs white in case file 1 is not the same mrs white as in case 2

is this concept just not appealing or practical?

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:36 pm

I really like this, you should keep going with this project!
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm genuinely surprised that you like it and would like me to continue it. Since my other project is momentarily stalled, I think I'll pick at a few things with this and see where it goes.

Do you like the concept or the artwork? All things considered, the game's appearance needs extensive work. This is a relic of my bad days when there was no consistency in my selection of pictures. I'll try to work with the Case Files and redesign the board maybe.

Green
Detective

Post by Green » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:35 pm

I have to say, I love the images on the box cover. They all flow so well together (maybe excluding Rusty's photo).

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:04 pm

That's very interesting. Maybe I could incorporate them onto the instruction booklet. The box cover now just seems bare to me. Yes, Rusty's is the odd man out. I just realized that in the PowerPoint I have 2 box covers. This one has an obviously gray picture of Mr. Boddy. This one I like far more.

I must confess, though, that in my adjustments of a few things I was enticed by a possible project. I will try to work on both and get progress on at least one.

Snively
Snoop

Post by Snively » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:01 am

i have to say, this looks really good. I really like how Jessica Alba is Ms Scarlet. She makes a good Ms Scarlet, ha!