a clue series

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:44 am

munitzer... I was wondering because I don't recall it being fully explained...

*** Is Lilac Olga's murderer? ***

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:11 pm

To prevent me from keeping that a mystery and using that as an excuse to revive this whole series at a later date ... yes, Ambassador Lilac killed Baroness Olga Kuznetsov.
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:30 pm

munitzer wrote:To prevent me from keeping that a mystery and using that as an excuse to revive this whole series at a later date ... yes, Ambassador Lilac killed Baroness Olga Kuznetsov.
One of my few good is traits is that I will always find another excuse ...

season 8 premiere

episode 8.01: "confirmations"
"It is my opinion that your detective stories are the normal recreation of snobbish, out-dated, life-hating, ignoble minds."

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:51 pm

OK I love the new site! I love the series! And I love the characters!! :D

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:31 pm

Consider today a double feature, then.

episode 8.02: "insult to injury"

I hope to, over the course of the weekend, create and put up all of the character cards and fix the design of the site. If I'm very productive, I may even be able to post location pictures. If only ...

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Rex needs to shut up around people! He's gonna end up being killed.

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Don't be unrealistic. I mean, after all, this is Clue, and who ever heard of someone getting killed in Clue? Even moreso, he's a Meadow-Brook, and we all know how I feel about them. They have character shields, just like Jane Meadow-Brook ... well, did, and it's not like I can just keep extending the family with different branches like Norman Meadow-Brook or anything ....

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:03 pm

I understand, but I love Rex! lol. I've already been guessing at the victim.
*Coal, Peacock, Kelly, or Rex*

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:33 pm

As I was trying to create character images earlier, I came into three main problems:

1) coming up with a style for the images, font, and font size that would accommodate all characters in a uniform manner,
2) finding images for each character that would give it a somewhat uniform look, mainly in the shoulder-to-head ratio,
3) and the issues of re-casting, which I had planned to do on a rather widespread scale

and, as a result of these three issues, posting the characters will probably be delayed. Also, I will probably only post main characters (that would omit Mrs. Auburn and Mr. Gold, etc.).

Keep in mind that there will be some very obvious and potential confusing character alterations.

Green
Detective

Post by Green » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:02 am

YES!

I love this series. You know that. It's great so far! I can't wait to see the recasting - I've got the old images stuck in my head pretty firmly though, it'll be a tough habit to break.

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Two people excited. That's good enough for me.

All of the main characters thus far have had their cards posted.

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:36 pm

I really liked Jack Nicholson as Green though but the new cast is great.

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:22 pm

cacums wrote:I really liked Jack Nicholson as Green though but the new cast is great.
I couldn't agree with you more. However, I've decided to shuffle Jack Nicholson to a different character who will be introduced shortly. I never felt that I used Mr. Green as well or as often as I could and should have, so I'm hoping that switching him to Alec Baldwin will maybe induce me to create a more visible role for Mr. Green.

My recasting wasn't too sweeping. I changed Mr. Green, Mrs. Peacock, and Mr. Malachite. More than anything, I changed images, but that was to show some growth and changes in the characters. That was brought on when I looked at the image I had always used for Miss Peach/Mrs. Amelia Meadow-Brook, and she still looked like a high schooler, so I had to find one that at least made it seem vaguely possible that she was a married woman.

Green
Detective

Post by Green » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Ohhh, I like the updated pictures. I've always had trouble picturing Amelia with your old picture, so this is nice to see her with a new angle. The hardest one to adjust to will be Baldwin as Green... Jack Nicholson just fits the way you write Mr. Green perfectly. But it's exciting to think that Nicholson will be somewhere else!

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:28 pm

I am very glad that you were able to extract an element of Jack Nicholson from Mr. Green. I think that I used him too little to do such a prominent personality justice, which was why I recast him. I think that I may put Jack Nicholson back as Mr. Green after all. I'll keep Alec Baldwin in my back pocket (I feel like a casting director with carte blanche).

I think that keeping Jack Nicholson as Mr. Green won't conflict with Ed O'Neill as Father Green, even though originally I had chosen Gene Hackman to be Mr. Green's cousin. I try to keep the related characters somewhat physically similar.

One reason that I am choosing to only do cards for the main characters is to prevent me from loading the cast with big shots in minimal roles. Looking back at all the characters, I noticed that I could have used some actors and actresses in better roles.

Green
Detective

Post by Green » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:12 am

Just wondering, is there a reason you named him Father Green instead of our traditional Reverend Green?

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:32 am

Actually, yes. A few years ago I was reading an article that quoted a Catholic priest and called him Reverend Somethingorother. Well, I had never once heard a Catholic priest be addressed as "Reverend" in person, so I asked a priest about it. Yes, of all the theological questions I could have asked him, I asked a question that was actually related to Clue. That is when you know that you have fanaticism for a boardgame. He told me that while Catholic priests and Protestant ministers are generally referred to in writing as Reverend, Catholic priests are typically called Father vis-a-vis. I've gone by that ever since then.

I mean no religious statement by having a Father Green instead of a Reverend Green. I just always associated the title Reverend with a Protestant minister more likely to be found paying a visit to Arlington Grange in the English countryside, whereas I can see Father Green (or Father Gregory, depending on who is addressing him - another thorny issue when it comes to Catholic titles) getting moved to Westchester from Boston. Since most of my characters are of Irish, Italian, and Eastern European descent (yes, they all have detailed backgrounds), most of them are Catholic, hence why I found it more appropriate to, when I finally introduced a Reverend Green-esque character, make him a Father. Also, the article that I read was about pilfering priests, and that is essentially where the model for this character came from, since I was usually against the inclusion of clergy.

I had, at one point, considering making him Rabbi Green.

munitzer
Can Opener

Post by munitzer » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:04 am

cacums
Ringer

Post by cacums » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Very good! I'm asuming Samantha is related to Alabaster?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:28 pm

cacums wrote:Very good! I'm asuming Samantha is related to Alabaster?
Wasn't she her step-daughter in the mystery series?