Who Killed Mr. Boddy?

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Sir Shamrock
Slueth

Who Killed Mr. Boddy?

Post by Sir Shamrock » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:02 pm

Who do you think killed Mr. Boddy? You can use any piece of evidence available or completely ridiculousness arguments

I believe that is was Mrs. Peacock in the Billiard Room with the Lead Pipe. In the VCR mystery game Mr. Boddy says that he was killed in the Billiard Room with the Lead Pipe, and in the book series Mrs. Peacock was the last killer.

What do you guys think?

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Re: Who Killed Mr. Boddy?

Post by Jonathan Green » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Mrs. Peacock and Miss Scarlett in Clue 2002.

Both had the motives:

Scarlett: If word got out that she and John Boddy were cousins, it might ruin her "acting career". And I use "acting" in very, very sight terms.

Peacock: If Boddy ends the allowances, she'll be bankrupted. Also if word got out that she killed Sir Hugh and Josephine was Hugh's child, that might be bad for her reputation (and put her in jail).

As for what and where,

The Candlestick in the Study.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en

cluefan8888
Gumshoe

Post by cluefan8888 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:06 pm

Somewhat Similar, I Tried to Come up with an Answer as to Who Killed Dr. Lenoir In The 1974 French Cluedo. What I Have Come Up With was Col. Mustard with the Wrench in The Hall.
EVIDENCE
  • Col Mustard Says "To Kill with a Wrench. Shocking!" on the Box. How would he Know Lenoir was Killed With a Wrench Unless He was the Murderer Himself?
  • In the Box Insert It Said that it was rumored that Col Mustard Was In the Hall Carrying a Object. Than It Goes on to Ask, "Could It Have Been the Wrench"?
  • In the Box Insert It was Said That there was Tobacco on the Victim's Body. It goes on to State that Only Mustard Smoked that type of Tobacco.
  • In the Box Insert, It Said that Scarlet was Seen with the Knife In the Kitchen. There were Large Cuts on Lenoir's Body. On the Box, Miss Scarlet Says "What I did in the Library is None of your Business."
Likely Soultion
Lenoir Headed Off to the Library To Read a Good Book. When He Entered There Miss Scarlet Attacked Him With the Knife. Lenoir was Able to Fight Back and Ran Off to the Hall. Scarlet Went to the Kitchen In Order to Clean the Knife. Unfortunately For Lenoir, Col. Mustard was Waiting for Him in the Hall. When Dr. Lenoir Finally Got into the Hall, Col.Mustard Hit Him in the Head with the Wrench. Dr. Lenoir Died. Mustard Dragged his Body Down to the Cellar.

Jonathan Green
Private Eye

Post by Jonathan Green » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:35 pm

Jonathan Green wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:11 pm
Mrs. Peacock and Miss Scarlett in Clue 2002.

Both had the motives:

Scarlett: If word got out that she and John Boddy were cousins, it might ruin her "acting career". And I use "acting" in very, very sight terms.

Peacock: If Boddy ends the allowances, she'll be bankrupted. Also if word got out that she killed Sir Hugh and Josephine was Hugh's child, that might be bad for her reputation (and put her in jail).

As for what and where,

The Candlestick in the Study.
To clarify, the Candlestick is the most blunt of the weapons, so it could be used. Also since Mr. Boddy was found on the cellar stairs, it could easily mistaken for a wound Boddy gotten when he "felled".

The Study (along with Hall, and Lounge) are the closest the the cellar, so it be easier to take Boddy there.
Check out my Instagram account to see my art - :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/david_rodriguez_art/?hl=en