Cluedo Dracula Edition

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Cluedo Dracula Edition

Post by Murder by Death » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Wasn’t expecting this. I wonder if it’s in response to Marmalade’s success with their Halloween themed skins?

https://www.ozziecollectables.com/produ ... la-edition
Welcome to Bran Castle!Experience the unique story and solve the crime in the world’s best-known castle! Irina, a young housemaid dies in mysterious circumstances. Her body is discovered with a strange scar on her neck. The villagers are desolated and terrified that someone could hurt such an innocent girl. And the murderer has still not been caught! Rumour has it that Dracula is reborn! Discover WHO killed Irina, WHERE it happened and WHAT weapon was used. Inspect the castle for clues, ask precise questions and solve the murder mystery. Was it the revenge of a rejected lover or was she the victim of a jealous wife?

BBP
Junior Detective

Re: Cluedo Dracula Edition

Post by BBP » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Vampires and weapons?

Black
Bindle Stiff

Post by Black » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:30 pm

Finally, Hasbro is finally acknowledging that their take on Cluedo SUCKS

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Spy

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Interesting idea. Judging by the info. This seams like it was based on a Dracula inspired show or they are doing their own thing. If it's their own thing. I don't get how Dracula being reborn as a suspect would be any better then finding out which character from the novel kills Dracula.

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Spy

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:11 pm

BBP wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:47 pm
Vampires and weapons?
garlic, stake through the heart, sunlight, holy water, etc. i assume it's that sort of thing

BBP
Junior Detective

Post by BBP » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:07 am

If she's got a scar in her neck it would be a find-the-vampire rather than who-killed-the-vampire...

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:56 am

BBP wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:07 am
If she's got a scar in her neck it would be a find-the-vampire rather than who-killed-the-vampire...
Except that doesn’t necessarily mean anything in Clue. Remember, the goal is to figure out how Mr. Boddy was killed — bludgeoned, stabbed, shot, or strangled. You’d think a brief examination of the body would eliminate most of the other weapons than the one used LOL

So the scar on the neck could just be a red herring to frame the poor bloodthirsty Count. ;-)

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:05 am

Lord Leo Le Blanc wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:07 pm
Interesting idea. Judging by the info. This seams like it was based on a Dracula inspired show or they are doing their own thing. If it's their own thing. I don't get how Dracula being reborn as a suspect would be any better then finding out which character from the novel kills Dracula.
I’m starting to get the idea this may be a custom game based on an actual historical site, to be sold in the gift shop like some others we’ve seen recently (eg. dinosaur museum, tank museum).

http://www.bran-castle.com/

Lord Leo Le Blanc
Spy

Post by Lord Leo Le Blanc » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Murder by Death wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:05 am
Lord Leo Le Blanc wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:07 pm
I’m starting to get the idea this may be a custom game based on an actual historical site, to be sold in the gift shop like some others we’ve seen recently (eg. dinosaur museum, tank museum).

http://www.bran-castle.com/
vary interesting that tourist areas can get their own clue game. not sure how officially licenced they are. seeing that we have only seen the box art. but considering their are plenty of monopoly knock offs for every city and hobby. I'm surprised knock off companies didn't do their own "copy paste method with clue. Usaopoly shows us how easy it is with their licenced games. would be just as easy to make "Fish Mystery" and "New York City Mystery" knock off themed games. Tough I think that depends on how the original Cluedo's copyright is holding up.

But yeah. I would like to see these Tourist Clue games in person. See if they are made from Hasbro.

Murder by Death
Forensics Supervisor

Post by Murder by Death » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Yes, I'm fairly certain these are officially licensed copies, especially if they are turning up in legitimate retail sites. And yes they do use USAopoly in the US, and Winning Moves outside the US. Both companies have custom games divisions and will produce a Clue/do game for anyone willing to pay up. The box art is reflective of the kinds of editions both Winning Moves and USAopoly produce.

And yes, with the trademark on Clue expired years ago, the basic game is copied quite a bit. The original Harry Potter Game by Mattel comes to mind. What Hasbro holds the Trademarks to is the names, and copyrights on the characters and art, as well as the rules, particularly those rules applicable to gameplay outside the Patent.