Debate section

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

boddysattorney
Gumshoe

Post by boddysattorney » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:47 pm

Clue Mysteries, Clue FX, and the Cluedo DVD Game are all marketing aims. You see, the game of Clue - just classic Clue - has been around for a long time. I was surprised when I first got interested in the game a few years ago how much there actually was to it, but I was surprised how the game had maintained the same feel, depsite changes is the artwork. I saw this as a disadvantage, since as society changes, public opinion and public demand changes. People want new ideas, to expierence new things. Through boardgames, people always manage to find some form of entertainment. Changing up Clue was in no means a bad thing. Clue FX, solving a murder need i remind you, was electronic, appealing to a new generation. Clue Mysteries now hones in on adavanced deduction skills. As for the DVD game ... well, I have not played it since I don't live in England or France (thank God), though I think it will also take a more in-depth and advanced look at the classic Clue approach. As for the changes in art, it is appealing for a more modern look, while keeping in with the nostalgic appeal of the day, ie the 1920s. Overall, the new games are aimed to attract more people to the game of Clue - now perhaps more appropraitly to be called the Games of Clue, and if it didn't ... well, you need to test things out some time.
"We must find that woman!"

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:50 pm

Wait this debate is about Clue Mysteries. But if you want to debate about the spin offs....they are NOT Clue.

boddysattorney
Gumshoe

Post by boddysattorney » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:51 pm

I focused on Clue Mysteries and Clue FX
"We must find that woman!"

cluegirl104
"I NEED to watch the movie again!!"

Post by cluegirl104 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:22 pm

i say leave well enough alone!
the new games they created just aren't the same!!!!
Oh Gravity, thou art a heartless b!tch

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:27 pm

DEBATE Number 2: Which Miss Scarlet captures the true essence: Dumb blonde? Cunning Asian? or susicious brunette?

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:02 pm

Asian Scarlet, naturally. The deadly spy instead of (or hiding behind) the actress.

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:00 am

asain scarlett looks like she could kill!

profplum30
Snoop

Post by profplum30 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:05 pm

The Asian Scarlet...I grew up with the American 70's clue (with the photographs) and she has always intrigued me. I never saw her as a blonde.

By the way, somebody suggested to me that Mr. Green in the late 90's version of the American edition (the one before the really cartoony characters) looked too Jewish. No offense to anyone, but I kind of agreed (and isn't Green a mostly-Jewish name?), but who cares? Anyone can commit murder!

Going back to the debate about the art...I think the recent addtions are way too cartoony. Maybe not the board game so much, but Clue Mysteries and maybe the DVD game (I haven't played it) look too silly. Is it because board games are being geared towards children nowadays? Are adults playing more intellectual games like Cranium or Trivial Pursuit? Personally, I think Clue is pretty intellectual, if you pla with people who know what they're doing.
"Flames...on the side f my face..."

cluegirl104

Post by cluegirl104 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:22 am

that is a big if!! playing w/ idiots though can be almost more difficult! :?

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:40 pm

profplum30 wrote:The Asian Scarlet...I grew up with the American 70's clue (with the photographs) and she has always intrigued me. I never saw her as a blonde.

By the way, somebody suggested to me that Mr. Green in the late 90's version of the American edition (the one before the really cartoony characters) looked too Jewish. No offense to anyone, but I kind of agreed (and isn't Green a mostly-Jewish name?), but who cares? Anyone can commit murder!

Going back to the debate about the art...I think the recent addtions are way too cartoony. Maybe not the board game so much, but Clue Mysteries and maybe the DVD game (I haven't played it) look too silly. Is it because board games are being geared towards children nowadays? Are adults playing more intellectual games like Cranium or Trivial Pursuit? Personally, I think Clue is pretty intellectual, if you pla with people who know what they're doing.

I concur my friend!