Timeline of Events

A place to discuss all aspects of Clue/Cluedo.

Moderators: Michael, BBP, Tum

boddysattorney
Gumshoe

Timeline of Events

Post by boddysattorney » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:49 pm

Alright, this is the basic outline for the course of events in Clue:

*Mr. & Mrs. Boddy disappear
*Sir Black dies
*Clue Mysteries
*Mr. Meadow-Brook's Murder
*Mr. Boddy's Murder

Alright, so the Cluedo DVD Game has the first mystery: the Monte Carlo Affair. This is an excerpt of the opening sequence for the mystery: "After the tragic death of Dr. Black's lawyer, Miles Meadow-Brook, Dr. Black took ... yatta yatta yatta"

HOWEVER, if you think about it who are the suspects for the Cluedo DVD Game: the originals, Mr. Meadow-Brook, Rusty, Prince Azure, and Lady Lavender. This excludes Miss Peach and Lord Gray. So, if the Monte Carlo Affair takes place AFTER Mr. Meadow-Brook's "tragic death" how can all of them not be in jail? The two not featured as suspects could have done him in, but then why in the game Clue [S]FX why are they not featured as suspects? And for that instance, what are Prince Azure, Lady Lavender, Lord Gray, or Miss Peach's role in the murder/death of Mr. Meadow-Brook?

Comment?

PrinceAzure33
Diplomatically Immune

Post by PrinceAzure33 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:55 pm

Welcome to Theartofmurder.com!

Interesting, I never thought of that. Maybe it was really Peach and Gray and they conspired to kill him. :lol:
Oh, it's England. Croquet on the lawn, tea in silver teapots, sherry before dinner. One simply has to maintain one's standards!

boddysattorney
Gumshoe

Post by boddysattorney » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:35 pm

but still ....

what were Peach/Gray/Azure/Lavender's role in Clue FX?

and to say randomly: i think Mrs. Meadow-Brook would be the best selection for Mr. Meadow-Brook's murder. If anyone would have a good motive against him, it's his wife. The only other person with a motive is Mr./Rev. Green

Michael
Mastermind

Post by Michael » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:48 pm

What's Green's motive?
How do you know what kind of pictures they are if you're such a lay-dee?

boddysattorney
Gumshoe

Post by boddysattorney » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:09 am

for the solution to one of the Clue Mysteries mysteries, one in either late July or early August - i think its the Delayed Dinner or something, Mrs. White is taken ill the day before Mr. Boddy is to host a party - which later became Mr. Meadow-Brook's fateful it. It turns out that Mr. Green had spiked her soup. WHY? Becuase he had been lobbying/bribing Mr. Meadow-Brook to send all of his allowance to his own acocunt, and not part to the church's - as it was supposed to. Green made Mrs. White ill so that the party would not taken place since he feared the lawyer would tell everyone.

And that is Mr. Green's motive.

Anyone know anyone else's?

Niteshade007
"Master Detective is creepy!"

Post by Niteshade007 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:41 am

I don't know anyone else's, but I think I can help answer your question.

Peach and Gray were removed from the game because then there would be fewer rooms than suspects, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong, but there are the regular 9 plus Rose Garden and something else, making only 11 rooms, I'm not sure if the evidence room is actually considered a room, I may have to look that up) at either rate, there must be more rooms than suspects, even if there is an equal amount, it would tie up the board and making moving difficult, although, you don't use dice fore this one, so now I'm not sure about that. Perhaps it was just too much.

As for why those two are missing, I believe I have figured out. Prince Azure would most likely be chosen over Lord Gray because, quite frankly, he is black, and a black suspect has never been used before Clue FX and Clue Mysteries. Lord Gray is also not that interesting of a character, if you consider that all he is a garden designer. Compare that to a Prince, and a murderous Prince makes a much more intersting suspect.

As for Lavender over Peach, I believe it is because Lavender has the title of Lady, and Peach, sadly, is only a Miss. To give a woman a title puts her in a higher authority and breaks up the monotony of "Miss Scarlet, Miss Peach, Mrs. White, Mrs. Peacock, Mrs. Meadow-Brook". It also makes Scarlet the only "available" female suspect, but asks the question, "What happened to Lord Lavender?" Since Lady Lavender is a herbologist, perhaps the Lord met his doom at her hands.

Now, plotwise, why are they not present? Well, they couldn't get rid of one of the 8 suspects used in that game, for the obvious reason that it would ruin playing Clue FX if the murderer they got rid of wasn't the one that was the murderer in your game. But if the events takes place almost immediately afterward, perhaps you "solved" the mystery, but the murderer got away with it in court. Now, why would Boddy invite them to his home? Perhaps he truly believed that they were innocent. I don't picture Boddy to be a very wise man, I must admit. Peach and Gray may not have been able to attend for various reasons, a sick aunt, business to attend to, etc. This does not mean they were not invited. Hope this helps.

Also, where did you get the Green motive from? Is it from the Clue DVD game?

boddysattorney
Gumshoe

Post by boddysattorney » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:43 pm

Answer to your last question: No, that is one of the solutions to one of the mysteries in the Clue Mysteries Game.

Here's a question: why is it Mrs. White and Mrs. Peacock if both of their husbands with that name are dead?

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:53 pm

Because they never remarried and chose to retain the name.

I agree, I believe entirely that Meadow-Brooke was the killer, and Rusty may, or may not, have been her accomplice.

I wrote a Clue story in which almost everyone died. The premise there was that Rusty had been accused by Prince Azure of being the murderer, but Mrs. Meadow-Brooke (who was not in the story, merely mentioned) did not believe that Rusty was guilty. Neither did Boddy, who invited everyone to his house. He also sent his servant, Comrade Silver, to break into their cars and go through their trunks to find proof of the real murder.

The killer turned out to be Rev. Green.

The characters invited were:

Comrade Sergei Silver (Boddy's new servant.)
Senora Linda Gold (the new maid)
Miss Evelyn Scarlet.
Colonel Algernoun Mustard
Mrs. Blanche White (Boddy's housekeeper and cook.)
Reverend Lyman Green
Doctor Henrietta Peacock (I, too, get sick of all these Mrs., and so I have always seen her more as a doctor who only treats rich patients.)
Professor Edgar Plum.
Miss Georgia-Emily Peach (Boddy's niece and last living heir)
Monsieur Alphonse Brunette (Unstable artist and Scarlet's current lover.)
Sergeant Gary Grey (Son of Lord Grey and officer in the local police, invited to help Boddy learn the real killer.)
Madame Rhoda Rose (Boddy's psychic assistant.)
Prince Phillip Azure
Lady Akira Lavender (Currently dating Azure.)

Unfortuantely, the story quickly turned quite bloody after everyone had arrived.

It started when Sergei opened the wrong trunk, and the carriage house blew up (along with Sergei. He opened Green's trunk.) This effectively destoryed all of the vehicles except for two: Scarlet's car, in the courtyard, and Plum's bicycle, left in the gazebo. (Peacock told him to start using a bike more to lower his high cholesterol.) Then, after everyone had decided Mustard was the only possible killer, Mustard stormed off to the fountain, where he saw Sgt. Grey trying to ring up the police. Grey was killed with the knife, which Mustard watched. He tried to warn everyone, but only Rose believed him. She also gave Plum and Peach a pair of enchanted dolls, which they put in their pockets, and told them they were falling in love. The others started to search for the killer while Rose remained behind, using her psychic powers. But she used them too well, and found the killer, who slew her as well. When she screamed, they all gathered again, and quickly broke up, thinking they were armed with this new information. Brunette and Scarlet, however, decided to leave in Scarlet's car, only to both be shot by a revolver. Also killed was Mr. Jade, Azure's servant. Mrs. White saw everything, but when she tried to warn everyone, she was strangled with a rope. A distraught, emotionally melted-down Lavender told everyone that Azure had just accused Rusty because he had no idea who the real killer in FX was, and no one contested Azure's word except Mrs. Meadow-Brook. Boddy had the bright idea to lock himself up in the study upstairs. He asked only Lavender, Azure, Peach, and Peacock to join him, but Peach refused. Peacock was still busy trying to save Mrs. White, but she couldn't. Mustard stayed with Peacock. Inside of the study, Lavender smelled something bad, and left, just in time, too, because the room quickly filled up with poison that killed both Boddy and Azure. Scared out of her skull, Lavender ran to the stairs and saw Reverend Green, who knocked her down to her death with a lead pipe. Gold witnessed this, and she got killed by a horseshoe. Mustard, Peacock, Peach, and Plum saw Green murder Gold, and chased him off. All of the cars were destroyed, so Peach begged Plum to go on his bike and get help, which he did. Peach and Mustard went to the kitchen to barricade themselves in there, but Peacock insisted on warning Mr. Boddy in the study first. She went up there, soon followed by Peach. Green captured Peacock with a knife to the throat, telling her she could live if she didn't warn Boddy's little heir whatsoever. Peacock's response was to cry out,
"Oh, Emily, run, run!" This got Peacock killed, but, Peach escaped. Green tried to knock her down the stairs, but she dodged and threw the horseshoe at him. Mustard heard the fighting and charged to the rescue while Peach hid in the library. Green badly wounded Mustard's left and knocked him out, but Peach interrupted the murder process by distracting Green. He tried to attack her, but, suddenly, trapped in the library, Peach saw the knife used to slay Rose and Grey. She picked it up, and when Green broke into the room, she used the knife and started to fight back. Green clearly had the upper hand, until he heard Mustard awakening. With Green suddenly distracted, Peach bumped the killer off, collapsing as Plum and Lt. Sienna Brown (daughter of Captain Brown) rushed to her rescue with a team of officers and paramedics behind them.

I intended to write a sequel where Peach and her new husband, Plum, plan a party, but I killed everyone off except Mustard, Rusty, and Meadow-Brook, so I couldn't do it.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:10 am

I aways liked the idea of Scarlet and Brunnette being partners!

I rather dislike the Dr. Peacock idea. It dosen't suit the character, why did you choose Dr. Anyway? Whay not something like Countess Peacock or Baroness Peacock?

I hate help but hate Dr. Peacock.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:16 am

What I don't like are Mustard and Scarlet or Plum and Scarlet as partners. Besides, I found it dramatically best because only Brunette would get all that hot under the collar when Scarlet would flirt with the other men.

I have always seen her as a doctor, and I always have. That way, she would be able to stand alone, and we already know she has an interest in aviary science. Besides, a doctor in the house, as well as Sgt. Grey, removes the need to call anyone in until the murder is quite solved. I found, as I used to actually play Clue as if it were a story instead of a game when I was young, and one day, after Boddy died, Mustard delcared, "We need a doctor." Suddenly, Peacock spoke up, and she's been Dr. Peacock to me ever since.

Besides, I hate multiples in such a gathering. Two Mrs, and now three? I couldn't quite handle that. So, one is Mrs White, the other is Dr. Peacock.

By the way, I used to call Peach Ms. Peach instead. I don't anymore.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:27 am

I think that the Title Dr. is only fitting for Dr. Black

But I liked your idea of Peacock as an owner of aviarys.

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:30 am

Of course. She's wealthy enough, Doctor or Baroness, if you will, to own and collect, and study, all manner of rare birds. Don't forget, she single-handedly saved the logger-headed shrike (which my brother, an avian enthusiast himself) says is a rare breed in need of protection.

CluedoKid
Con Artiste

Post by CluedoKid » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:37 am

at the same time you could make her an active enviromentalist for the goverment. She would kill to save the enviroment and the birds!

Kristev
Crime Writer

Post by Kristev » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:24 pm

Following your line of logic, Peacock would make yearly, or monthly, donations to P. E. T. A. They're really quite insane, lol.